Mirai Imouto

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

Mirai Imouto

#1 Post by DrakeNavarone »

Ahh, the story behind this one... It actually started as a big running gag with a couple of my friends for a few months now... I kept promising to drag Kikered into making the art for this game, but I'm not sure if either of us thought it was going to happen. But recently, I was given a good reason to finally pursue it (turns out that my two Bishojo Games buddies had birthdays coming up and I thought this would be a decent present for them), and this is the final result. They were willing to let me post it here for public consumption, and so here it is...

I'd like to thank Kikered for helping out where the art was concerned, because I know it would've been hideous if I tried tackling that by myself... And thanks to my BG buddies for having birthdays so conveniently close together I can make a shared present out of this... and for said birthdays being the prompting to actually make this thing that would've likely stayed a joke.

I'd also like to note that while this is not a Nanoreno game, it was certainly made with Nano spirit (Game development just a little over a month, started February and lasted into the first week of March). Black and white, filtered photo backgrounds, absolute minimum UI customization. The artsy might say it pays homage to works of previous Nanoreno months, a merging and meeting of past and future... but it really was only a matter of cost efficiency... Still, if you do get hit with a light wave of nostalgia, all the better for it.

And last but not least, I hope you enjoy! And hopefully it won't distract for too long those Nano game makers out there.

Downloads: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/272 ... .0-all.zip
Last edited by DrakeNavarone on Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

Re: Mirai Imouto

#2 Post by Hime »

I found MI a really lovely game. It really smells of NaNo and LSF spirit in its own way... Nostalgic indeed. :)

The plot wasn't the most unpredictable ever, but very sweet and touching, making MI the kind of VN you'd like to play to warm you up on a rainy day. It's nice to see people make games with familial love as a main theme, too, since most people only make romantic VNs. As for the art, I liked how it was B&W except for their eyes. The art also gave me some Quine-vibes, which was great. ^^

One thing really admirable about MI is that (despite those vibes and all) it had an unique atmosphere to it. To me, it looks like the kind of a game you can't just go and create, that you need some real indie spirit to make it. It was very inspiring to read this, so thank you very much for letting us do so! :3

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#3 Post by F.I.A »

While the whole concept of time traveling is not really the newest thing around, it is certainly refreshing when someone other than the main character does so.

A rather cathartic cycle on its own. Had young Misaki spent time with Hisao in the past, Hisao would have not been given the chance to see his "older" little sister.

And I swear I saw Misaki somewhere before... (This is for the artist, of course.)
Edit: Of course, without doubt, a great present to them.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

Some incest loving guy

#4 Post by Some incest loving guy »

Hime wrote:It's nice to see people make games with familial love as a main theme, too, since most people only make romantic VNs.
What if it was romantic love? You never know...

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#5 Post by Blue Lemma »

Some incest loving guy wrote:...
It's okay to go ahead and login, mugen :mrgreen:

(jk)

I think I will play this tonight after working on my thesis :)

(edit: Aww, so sweet ^^
but waaaaaaaaaaaah!
)
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#6 Post by Watercolorheart »

A slumber party with your younger self ...
Sounds like an excuse for some pervy pime taradoxes. >_>;
The art is really simple, but the story is engaging. Obviously, I'm no newbie to very indie-style amateur games so this is one of many, and I won't judge it on just those merits but as a cohesive experience, since that's what it deserves.

The music is really gentle and spiritual so far. I have a feeling
her brother dies in the future
somewhere down the line. This game could use a sprinkling of sound effects, the absence of the ticking clock and school bell was all too apparent.
LOL .... aw =(. That girl, stupid, the one that takes him away ... she's you. The only thing I'm bothered by is that the writer never named a condition. I guess he just has a Victorian-style "too pure for this world" illness, like Beth in Little Women. And the music, the piano, slowly winding down is just too painful.

Maybe it wasn't her wish that sent her back. Maybe it was his.
Although I still say her visit would have been more meaningful as a Kana: Little Sister style one.
I'm not even the same person anymore

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#7 Post by mugenjohncel »

- CONTENT NO LONGER RELEVANT -
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#8 Post by PyTom »

mugenjohncel wrote:I'll go buy some book or download every winning lottery numbers from past draws... maybe add a few megabytes containing stock market movement for the past 20 years or so... store it in a flash drive hoping one day I too would time leap.
I saw that in a movie once. It was "Back to the Future 2". It didn't turn out very well, at least until they went back to the old west in the third movie.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#9 Post by Watercolorheart »

You guys are railroading this thread ... er, derailing.
I'm not even the same person anymore

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#10 Post by mikey »

This was really nice.

I guess the most intensive part for me was just about three quarters into the game where everything started to come together, and the ending surprised me as well - not generally, since I think that was never the aim, but with one or two details I thought "ah, so that's how it was".

I liked the overall atmosphere as well... I'm not really sure what else to add - thank you, perhaps. :P

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#11 Post by lordcloudx »

I think I've said everything I want to say about this piece to the creators (in private), so I'll just leave this here
Attachments
minisaki1.png
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#12 Post by DrakeNavarone »

I'm glad everyone seems to like this piece. All the more greater that a piece intended for only two can be enjoyed by far more. I appreciate all the comments and feedback ( both public and private ), especially the short "I really liked it" types... those ones always hit a little harder than the deconstructions, they're just simple and honest.

I'd also really like to make another game with Kik someday, but I suppose I need to wait for another great idea to hit me. This was a lot of fun to make, a great part thanks to him... and besides, I like hiding my hand from the BG boys every so often... There's nothing quite like a surprise...
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

Hudzon
Regular

#13 Post by Hudzon »

This game really got me thinking of something: If you make love with your time traveling sister, would it still count as incest? I mean technically speaking she's not *your* sister, but the sister of your future-self. Hmmm....

Also, I think a good twist would've been if we found out that
She wasn't actually his sister but a girl who made the story up because she had a crush on him[/spoiler.]
Didn't see *that* coming :P

But anyways, great game nonetheless. Thank you for creating it.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#14 Post by sake-bento »

Oh snet. I played this when it was released and forgot to comment. sakebe is a slow bento.

I like the diary entries in this game. They kept things interesting, and the foreshadowing drew me in. I feel so sorry for Imouto, though. That's gotta be a really painful experience. Overall, a tight story with a satisfying, albeit sad, ending.

usul
Veteran
Projects: Teachings of the Buddha, System-Addict, Generation XxX

#15 Post by usul »

I hadn't noticed this game when it game out. I just tried it and got hooked right in to the story. I saved the game and put it aside for now but am looking forward to see how it plays out.
"The universe is non-simultaneously apprehended"
— Buckminster Fuller