Take Rena Home

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
M12
Veteran

Take Rena Home

#1 Post by M12 »

Several years ago, I had an otaku dream about meeting Ryuugu Rena. Hime offered to develop graphics for a KN. So, I wrote a quick script. Now, here it is:

Windows: http://koti.mbnet.fi/luxvn/TakeRenaHome.zip
Linux: http://koti.mbnet.fi/luxvn/TakeRenaHome ... 86.tar.bz2
Mac: http://koti.mbnet.fi/luxvn/TakeRenaHome-mac.zip

Thanks, and have fun :D.
Attachments
sample.jpg

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

Re: Take Rena Home

#2 Post by DrakeNavarone »

I already congratulated Hime for a job well done artwise, but I couldn't neglect thanking the author either. So, congrats, M12. You managed to produce a fun little work that was really easy to go through. And it sort of has me aching to do a Higurashi rewatch. No one will mistake Rena for anyone else visually, but I also felt that you wrote her in character pretty accurately for the most part. And hunting for as many references as possible was a lot of fun too ( including one about seagulls which may or may not be intentional~ ?? ).

As for my favorite Higurashi girl, I'll admit I haven't been so loyal as I watched the show. Initially, I was a big Rena fan too. And then Tatarigoroshi happened, and Satoko was queen throughout the entire remainder of the first season. But even after 26 episodes, my choice apparently wasn't sealed, as Rika took the lead easily with Kai, where she's probably secure in her position now, as all that's left to watch is the Rika-centric Rei series... but who knows?? Ryukishi is also not giving me any breaks where Umineko is concerned either. With Episode 4, Maria went from Brat straight to Best in a hurry... and in much the same way Satoko did before. If the trend continues, the position of Umineko Queen might change soon enough too...
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

M12
Veteran

#3 Post by M12 »

Hey thanks heaps DrakeNavarone. Is Rena related to seagulls somehow? The reference definitely wasn't intentional ^_^;.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#4 Post by sake-bento »

Seagulls refer to Umineko no Naku Koro ni (When the Seagulls Cry), the latest installment in the When They Cry series.

This was a very cute fan game. I usually don't play fan games, but I like Rena (not as much as Mion, but hey) so I figured I'd give it a whirl. You definitely kept her in character with all her quirks, although I think it's strange that a relationship could develop so quickly over the course of such a short amount of time. Not that it's not possible (it happens often enough in other stories), but in this case they spent so little time together and had so few bonding moments that it felt like something of a rushed end. I wouldn't be surprised if the protagonist wanted to see her again or they exchanged emails, but to suddenly decide to move to Japan (especially having little to no prior knowledge of the country or the language) seems like a bit of a stretch. That said, I enjoyed reading, the art was cute, and I really appreciate the creator's notes. Thanks for sharing.
Last edited by sake-bento on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#5 Post by F.I.A »

I am not really sure about patting a girl who I just met minutes ago...
That said, it is rather unfortunate that it is not longer.
「通りすがりのメーカだ。覚えとけ。」

----------
Winter shard
WIP: Hyperion(Trace unknown), ?????(Progressing)

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#6 Post by DaFool »

I thought I'd find the time to go into irc but couldn't.
So I'm here to congratulate you on a job well done. Especially Hime's graphics are really nice, with the painterly feel (but not overdone).

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#7 Post by Hime »

I want to thank all of you for the comments so far. ^^ Glad you've enjoyed it~!

bboypui

#8 Post by bboypui »

I am definitely gonna try to play this tommorow.
but i cant help but think shes gonna kill me at the end. so sorry, but ever since i finished reading higurashi no naku koro ni, my word, rena gives me nightmares...

Pantamorph

#9 Post by Pantamorph »

Russian Version (Translated by Honyaku-Subs) can be found here
btw, it's quite weird that this link didn't appear in this topic

WiseSilent

#10 Post by WiseSilent »

M12 Congratulations for creating the best storyline of the game...I'm really impress :shock: with all the graphics, soundtracks 100% accurate with the emotion, mood and feeling of the main character.
ISTJ English Editor