Daddys Monsters.Com Behavior Simulator v1.0

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
daddysmonsters

Daddys Monsters.Com Behavior Simulator v1.0

#1 Post by daddysmonsters »

Ok to start off, I installed renpy on ubuntu 9.04 this morning at 8am installation went without a hitch and everything ran great. Kudos to the dev who put this awesome app together! I hit a snag or two with the basics (mostly from excitement and speed reading the tutorial) I want to thank Usul for his help. This is meant to be a funny little game mostly for family. Essentialy the joke is that it's to train our kids how to behave in a certain situation. In the game you are named "monster" hence our site daddysmonsters because you know, they are my little monsters (you'd be surprised how many times I have to explain my domain to people) It's nothing spectacular but seeing as how I'm no python guru or otherwise this does certainly prove to me that the dev did a dead on job in making it quite easy to create a simple game. Next I'll be getting into something more advanced but thought I'd share. The links are for all operating systems that are built by renpy and lint checked. If any of the beginners want the source give me a shout you are free to go through my messy code. But I must say, there is much more joy in doing it yourself. (Besides my jumps and labels are all over the place even though they shouldn't be lol)

http://daddysmonsters.com/Monstergames/ ... n_v1.0.zip (Windows)
http://daddysmonsters.com/Monstergames/ ... 86.tar.bz2 (Linux)
http://daddysmonsters.com/Monstergames/ ... .0-mac.zip (Mac)

As a note my host is doing some upgrades, they shouldn't affect my server but then again they have been wrong before so if you have any issues let me know I'll look into it. And please give some feedback.

Tomoko
Regular

Re: Daddys Monsters.Com Behavior Simulator v1.0

#2 Post by Tomoko »

I am downloading it and very curious! As soon as I played it through at least once I will leave a comment!

Edit: Soo I played the game and it was funny in a lecturing way XD. I thought it was longer but well there were 3 menus weren't there? The idea is pretty nice and I hope that there will be a longer simulation some day XD

daddysmonsters

#3 Post by daddysmonsters »

Lol yeah it's not meant to be a serious sim...Unless you think it would work, we could have one in every home!! ermm. maybe not. Yeah I plan on doing a final revision and making it polished with a few more paths, or "lessons". Happy it made someone laugh.

cindy

#4 Post by cindy »

ohmygosh
monty-python loooove!
+STARS! xD
That was funny, you should create a more ellaborate game based on that.

daddysmonsters

#5 Post by daddysmonsters »

Shh you're spoiling it :P just kidding, based on what the monty python bit or the idea as a whole? the ending was meant to be a tribute more than anything but I am working on a nice polished version of the "simulator" this was more or less to show that with a little help and some reading you can pick this right up and code a functional game. The dev did a stand up job on this app.

#6 Post by Guest »

Do update when you have the expanded / polished version done, thanks.

daddysmonsters

#7 Post by daddysmonsters »

Working quite a bit on this. Glad a few of you had a laugh. Trying to work out something a bit more "finished".

pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

#8 Post by pkt »

This is pretty cool, I played it and it was kinda of comical in a way. Not what I thought the game would be like at all.
No Active Public Renpy Projects...