Fire Chats [NaNoRenO 2019][Short][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
snackpai
itch: snackpai

Fire Chats [NaNoRenO 2019][Short][Free]

#1 Post by snackpai »

Side note: Hello everyone!! This is my first video game that I have ever made and I submitted it to the NaNoRenO 2019 game jam. A really lovely user recommended that I should post the game on this site as well. I hope to keep learning more about how to make video games and if you have any comments or suggestions I would love to hear them! I was honestly a bit shocked that I was able to complete this game in March so the story may be really simple, but I hope you enjoy it : )

fire cha square icon.png
Story

Gather around the fire with two friends who share vastly different opinions about the supernatural world that surrounds them. Watch over them as they debate what makes up their version of reality and you'll get to see how their destiny unfolds. Ultimately, your choices are the only ones that matter in this realm.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Features

8xWMmz.png

Animated(ish) backgrounds
Oddly accurate fortune readings
A healthy dose of skepticism
And three different (possibly paranormal) endings

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Link to Game! https://snackpai.itch.io/fire-chats

*Please note: Both skeptics and believers are welcomed here.

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Fire Chats [NaNoRenO 2019][Short][Free]

#2 Post by Zelan »

This was a cute game, I liked all of the different endings (and the completely different tones of them, haha).

One minor annoyance is that there was no skip function, which made replaying to get all of the endings a bit tedious since the beginning of the story is essentially the same every time. Otherwise, though, you did an awesome job and I liked the mechanic with the Magic 8 Ball!

anomalice

#3 Post by anomalice »

Hey!

I found this game super cute (I appreciate the animation) and woah, those endings were wild. The atmosphere created, with the various sounds to the simple art style, made me very happy. I agree with the previous commenter about the lack of a skip feature - it made it hard to try out all the choices in a quick manner. But other than that, it was great! I look forward to future games :')

snackpai
itch: snackpai

#4 Post by snackpai »

Zelan wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:35 pm This was a cute game, I liked all of the different endings (and the completely different tones of them, haha).

One minor annoyance is that there was no skip function, which made replaying to get all of the endings a bit tedious since the beginning of the story is essentially the same every time. Otherwise, though, you did an awesome job and I liked the mechanic with the Magic 8 Ball!
Thank you so much! I totally agree with you that I should have added a skip function to this game (I didn't know how to code one at the time) but I'll make sure to include one in my future games :) Also I'm super happy to hear that you liked the Magic 8 ball!! One of my goals for future games is to keep experimenting with mechanics similar to that one. Thank you again for playing and taking the time to leave such a nice comment!!
anomalice wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:11 pm Hey!

I found this game super cute (I appreciate the animation) and woah, those endings were wild. The atmosphere created, with the various sounds to the simple art style, made me very happy. I agree with the previous commenter about the lack of a skip feature - it made it hard to try out all the choices in a quick manner. But other than that, it was great! I look forward to future games :')
Haha for my first game I honestly didn't know how I was gonna write the endings, but I knew I wanted them all to be very different (in this case really wacky). I'm so glad you enjoyed the atmosphere!! I always love the feeling of being absorbed in a game so I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the atmosphere in this one! Thank you so much for your kind words and I'll do my best to keep improving on future games :D