Novalie [Horror] [Surreal] [Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
biscuit

Novalie [Horror] [Surreal] [Commercial]

#1 Post by biscuit »

Hello everyone!

I recently finished my first visual novel.

The game is up and running on Steam, and there is also a free demo version (the first chapter of 24 in total) available. https://store.steampowered.com/app/1865280/Novalie/

It's a surreal horror-themed story about honor violence. You're playing as Ashia, who's treated badly by her conservative family and is forced to marry her slimy uncle. And at night she's haunted by surreal nightmares where she's eaten alive by wraiths in a dark forest.
Then she meets Novalie. She's everything that Ashia isn't: slim and sexy, bouncy, restless, boundless, careless ... and she seems to know MUCH more than she lets on.

The game is actually not made with RenPy - for some reason I ended up writing my own custom engine (which is heavily inspired by RenPy). I hope people are not getting angry because I write on this forum about my non-RenPy-game - :oops: - I really like this forum and think it's one of the best VN communitys online.

And of course - if anyone is interested in knowing more about my own custom engine, I'm happy to share source code and info. But RenPy is probably more mature and easy to use. :wink:

Please play my game. :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Novalie [Horror] [Surreal] [Commercial]

#2 Post by papillon »

Hi - I run a Steam curator for games with lesbian romance (or, in a few cases, major lesbian characters even if there's no actual romance). Is this game relevant to our list? (You can PM me if you don't want to post spoilers here. It's useful for me to know as much as possible in order to list games properly, but the actual listings I post don't give much away.)

biscuit

Re: Novalie [Horror] [Surreal] [Commercial]

#3 Post by biscuit »

papillon wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:54 pm Hi - I run a Steam curator for games with lesbian romance (or, in a few cases, major lesbian characters even if there's no actual romance). Is this game relevant to our list? (You can PM me if you don't want to post spoilers here. It's useful for me to know as much as possible in order to list games properly, but the actual listings I post don't give much away.)
Hi!

Thanks for your question. I think the game may fit into a list like that. The game centers around a lesbian romance, and there are two major lesbian characters in the game. In one way you can say that the romance is the core of the game. However, it's a pretty dark and scary (but also funny) game - a horror story about honor violence. There is a free demo available and if you like I can also send you a free key to the full game (in a PM). Just send me a PM or an email if you need more info. :)