Animal Lover, A New Otome Game!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
trainwreckgames
Tumblr: animalloverdev.tumblr.com
itch: trainwreckstudios

Animal Lover, A New Otome Game!

#1 Post by trainwreckgames »

Animal Lover is available on Steam and Itch for Windows and Mac and for Android on Google Play

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/542200/
Itch: https://trainwreckstudios.itch.io/animal-lover
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... er.program

Five boys have been cursed into animal forms! You must save and/or date them!

People seem to like it so far, maybe you will too! We've got a trailer right here, too!

Screenshots

Let me know if you have any questions!

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Re: Animal Lover, A New Otome Game!

#2 Post by Katta »

Looks great, I like that your guys look different from the typical otome visuals and 150k wordcount sounds awesome. But I'd like to play the demo before purchasing and it seems that you have the demo version on Steam, but not on Itch.io, don't you plan to add it there too?

trainwreckgames

#3 Post by trainwreckgames »

Katta wrote:Looks great, I like that your guys look different from the typical otome visuals and 150k wordcount sounds awesome. But I'd like to play the demo before purchasing and it seems that you have the demo version on Steam, but not on Itch.io, don't you plan to add it there too?
We'd not actually considered it as most of our sales have been on the Steam storefront, but I will probably try to find the time over the long weekend to get that posted to itch.io. In fact it's a good idea.

We had placed the same-ish demo (earlier in development, but the same scene) on our development blog (animalloverdev.tumblr.com) if you'd like to get at the demo outside of Steam immediately.

Thanks!

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#4 Post by potouto »

I have fallen in love with the demo despite its shortness, and I have been looking forward to play it since the day I played the demo :> Been spending nearly ten hours on it since I bought it last night! Love the game, has really nice writing and characters <3 <3 <3 Especially Edmund! The art is really charming as well, I find it very cute!

My only irk is the UI because of the placement for the navigation ._. I kept accidentally clicking Quit instead of return.

yeah well | commission | website

trainwreckgames

#5 Post by trainwreckgames »

potouto wrote:I have fallen in love with the demo despite its shortness, and I have been looking forward to play it since the day I played the demo :> Been spending nearly ten hours on it since I bought it last night! Love the game, has really nice writing and characters <3 <3 <3 Especially Edmund! The art is really charming as well, I find it very cute!

My only irk is the UI because of the placement for the navigation ._. I kept accidentally clicking Quit instead of return.
We're stoked that you like it! UI annoyance aside, a totally understandable one at that.

Let us know what you think when you finish!

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#6 Post by Katta »

trainwreckgames wrote:We had placed the same-ish demo (earlier in development, but the same scene) on our development blog (animalloverdev.tumblr.com) if you'd like to get at the demo outside of Steam immediately.
Heh, I've actually tried your blog, but from the link under your avatar and it didn't work (the forums add tumblr.com itself, so it's enough to have animalloverdev there or it'll link to http://animalloverdev.tumblr.com.tumblr.com/ which is non-existent) :lol:
Anway I've already downloaded the demo (and tons of updates) from steam and it's really nice, even though pretty short, it's a pity it features my least favourite character) Thank you!

Kirlett
Regular

#7 Post by Kirlett »

I'm in Frankie's route and the MC learned the truth before Aadara tells her. Frankie told her himself. But when they meet Aadara, MC says she didn't know any of that. ?????????? And I have both achievements (hard and easy way). Is this a bug?

trainwreckgames

#8 Post by trainwreckgames »

Kirlett wrote:I'm in Frankie's route and the MC learned the truth before Aadara tells her. Frankie told her himself. But when they meet Aadara, MC says she didn't know any of that. ?????????? And I have both achievements (hard and easy way). Is this a bug?
It is! We're going to be fixing a whole batch of bugs by this weekend in a patch! We hope you like it so far!

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

#9 Post by potouto »

I don't know why I have conflicted emotions after finishing the game because it's supposed to be lighthearted and funny. It was meant to be a good laugh but now I'm just having a very long "hmm", I think I only managed to unlock 6(?) endings so far and I'm still trying to figure out the 7th one but honestly, I'm really thinking over it. Like, in good conscience, I would forgive them for what they did, because people grew from their mistakes. But at the same time, I feel nagging that I don't want to forgive them though I don't feel like they deserve their punishment either? It's just strange, really. Also looking forward to see the bug fix because I noticed Frankie's missing sprite in his hanging out scene near the end and boy his sprite does not match his CG :v Sorry for spamming the thread, I just really like the game ;v;

yeah well | commission | website

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#10 Post by YonYonYon »

Kirlett wrote:I'm in Frankie's route and the MC learned the truth before Aadara tells her. Frankie told her himself. But when they meet Aadara, MC says she didn't know any of that. ?????????? And I have both achievements (hard and easy way). Is this a bug?
Yeah, it's the same in Edmund's route. It quite spoils the impression tbh, like, Aadara, everything is cool, I know everything and I already forgave him, I don't need to read this now

Should have waited the patch, I guess
ImageImage