Double Romance

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

Double Romance

#1 Post by shwippie »

Story
Somehow you've ended up in an alternate universe where Santa is an actual postal worker and where bad tofu gets put in jail. It seems you've arrived just in time to take part in a dating game show hosted by a two inch tall cream puff. You're the main contestant, and your potential dates appear to be human, but they're a little weird. It's your chance to question, court, and maybe even insult your way to true love and find out who is your best match!

Playtime: 10 min.
Possible Endings: 5
Ages: All
Language: English
Free to play

Credits
Writing, Art, Programming: Shwippie
Music: Teirrah1995
Beta Testing: Yu-nomii
Visual novel tool: Ren'py

Download
Windows
Download : http://www.mediafire.com/?t7svc415d1sai8i
(extract and run the .exe file)

Mac
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8cncfq8yi3ybfby

Linux
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?4ae1c3l5fk71b87
Image Image Image

Julie
Regular

Re: Double Romance

#2 Post by Julie »

The art is beautiful! I'm downloading this now. ^^

shwippie
Regular

#3 Post by shwippie »

Thank you!! >u< Please let me know what you think of it!
Image Image Image

Julie
Regular

#4 Post by Julie »

My computer is lagging so I have to stop playing for now. :( The only comment I have is that it would have been better if the textbox was also customized. ^^ And I was surprised about the voice that played about the creampuff.random,xD

I can't really say much since I haven't played much yet. I will get back to you later. ^^

shwippie
Regular

#5 Post by shwippie »

Julie wrote:My computer is lagging so I have to stop playing for now. :( The only comment I have is that it would have been better if the textbox was also customized. ^^ And I was surprised about the voice that played about the creampuff.random,xD

I can't really say much since I haven't played much yet. I will get back to you later. ^^
You're right about the text boxes...I wanted to have them be custom and below the main screen, since the bg has a lot of details, but I thought it'd be better to keep it at 600x800 rather than extend down. I'm still not sure what to do about that, since I'd like all screen resolutions to be able to play.

I appreciate the feedback so far! It really helps me (since I hope to do a more serious sequel to this/may also edit this one once I see what the problems are).
Image Image Image

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#6 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Whee~
I've been waiting for this one!
Cute art :3
I'm downloading it now, after I played it I'll tell you what I think~ ^^

salis
Regular
Projects: Too many~!

#7 Post by salis »

I’ve been waiting with a lot of anticipation for Double Romance, and after playing it, I have to say it's a charming, brilliant little visual novel! It was excellently presented and a delight to play. Fantastic job!

The setup is really interesting and unique and the questions the player is given to ask the characters are fun and full of personality. Learning about them and their world through their answers was a nice twist. I especially loved seeing how different or similar Shwii and Shwinn's answers were when asked the same question. Although there are 5 possible endings, I only managed to get 3 after several play-throughs. I hope you post a walk-through so I can get the others!

The art is amazing! It’s so stylish and cute! The sprites are gorgeous, (very expressive and really well done!) but what I loved most was just staring at all the different details in the backgrounds. Their rooms are just filled with so many cool and quirky items! Also, the theme and minimal use of color throughout the game was really neat, as was the simple, yet intricate detailing in the artwork.

The music got a little repetitive as I played, but the track itself fit the feeling of the game really well. And it was so adorable when Shwippie the cream puffed talked! What a cute voice! I laughed when it started doing jumping jacks. Incredibly amusing! I only wish Shwippie had spoken all of it’s lines.

Double Romance comes off as both innocent and yet slightly ominous at the same time, but I found this combination really enjoyable. I sincerely look forward to more visual novels from you!
ImageImageImage
If you'd like to contact me, please email me at: sal.com@live.com

shwippie
Regular

#8 Post by shwippie »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:Whee~
I've been waiting for this one!
Cute art :3
I'm downloading it now, after I played it I'll tell you what I think~ ^^
YAY! Thanks Yuuki, I appreciate it >u<
Image Image Image

shwippie
Regular

#9 Post by shwippie »

salis wrote:I’ve been waiting with a lot of anticipation for Double Romance, and after playing it, I have to say it's a charming, brilliant little visual novel! It was excellently presented and a delight to play. Fantastic job!

The setup is really interesting and unique and the questions the player is given to ask the characters are fun and full of personality. Learning about them and their world through their answers was a nice twist. I especially loved seeing how different or similar Shwii and Shwinn's answers were when asked the same question. Although there are 5 possible endings, I only managed to get 3 after several play-throughs. I hope you post a walk-through so I can get the others!

The art is amazing! It’s so stylish and cute! The sprites are gorgeous, (very expressive and really well done!) but what I loved most was just staring at all the different details in the backgrounds. Their rooms are just filled with so many cool and quirky items! Also, the theme and minimal use of color throughout the game was really neat, as was the simple, yet intricate detailing in the artwork.

The music got a little repetitive as I played, but the track itself fit the feeling of the game really well. And it was so adorable when Shwippie the cream puffed talked! What a cute voice! I laughed when it started doing jumping jacks. Incredibly amusing! I only wish Shwippie had spoken all of it’s lines.

Double Romance comes off as both innocent and yet slightly ominous at the same time, but I found this combination really enjoyable. I sincerely look forward to more visual novels from you!
Whoa...Thanks for the detailed feedback!
I'm glad you liked the set up and thought the presentation worked- that's a relief to me :mrgreen:
About the five endings, the other 2 are just there for people trying to game the system haha
You can get them by:
asking only Shwii questions, then choosing Shwinn at the end, and vice versa
I agree about the music...I would have liked more, but the person I was working with was only able to do that much, so I ended up looping it. I tried to find songs from another source but couldn't find anything else that would match.
You liked the voice?! Hahaha that's me. I have no voice acting experience, so I thought I'd limit it, in case of complete fail lol

Thanks so much for all the incredibly kind comments. *tears of joy*
Image Image Image

aestate
Regular
Projects: Twinkle Twinkle

#10 Post by aestate »

OK FIRST OFF. I adored this so much. The concept is cute. The music you chose was excellent for the tone of the VN, but somewhat repetitive after a while. And what is this blasphemy; your VN totally deserved a custom textbox. D:

But meh,...your art is gorgeous and detailed. And rainbows and everything nice in this world. Your writing/dialogue is eccentric but in a good way. Shwii and Shwinn's answers made me giggle. OH YES AND SCHWIPPIE...luls, your voice is absolutely adorable.

...I will be lurking around eagerly awaiting any of your further releases. Heh.
tumblr.Umbrella Cookie.dA.
Current Project: Twinkle Twinkle.

shwippie
Regular

#11 Post by shwippie »

aestate wrote:OK FIRST OFF. I adored this so much. The concept is cute. The music you chose was excellent for the tone of the VN, but somewhat repetitive after a while. And what is this blasphemy; your VN totally deserved a custom textbox. D:

But meh,...your art is gorgeous and detailed. And rainbows and everything nice in this world. Your writing/dialogue is eccentric but in a good way. Shwii and Shwinn's answers made me giggle. OH YES AND SCHWIPPIE...luls, your voice is absolutely adorable.

...I will be lurking around eagerly awaiting any of your further releases. Heh.
Holy cow, you are too kind. I definitely don't deserve all those compliments, but thank you!!
And the pointers you gave me a very smart. It's the second time I've heard the music is repetitive so I know it's an issue for sure.
Can I ask about the text box? D: Um, would it be enough if it was custom, or does it also need to not be covering up the bg? I can make it custom, but I have a problem extending the picture down (since it won't be 600x800 anymore)

Yipee, that really motivates me if I know you're lurking!! lol
Image Image Image

Kuroneko
Regular
Completed: Eyes of a Dead Fish

#12 Post by Kuroneko »

Hi. =)
I just played your game, and totally loved it.
It was pretty short, and that's about the only complaint I have about it. Your art was detailed and monochromatic, a completely different style than I'm used to. It's was definitely refreshing.
Every question I asked to both Shwii and Shwinn had me absorbed. Their world is a strange one, albeit cute and interesting.
Cyclops and stick figure-man. xD Just genius. Also, Shwinn's secret that Shwii told us, now why didn't I think of that during my exams...
Basically their answers had me both amused and thinking.
The characters both have baffling personalities that I would never have guessed by just looking at them first. That's a good thing, since you're supposed to be learning about them. They felt like complete strangers with solid, consistent personalities and you were really becoming friends to them.
I think someone stated this earlier... the rooms are just intriguing. xD I had to sit there, stop and stare at each of them until I was sure I looked at absolutely everything there was. And then did it again.
I just wish that I got to know more about their world. It was a slice of Alice in Wonderland for me, except I liked your atmosphere more. I'm looking forward to your new projects, and thanks for the treat.
Sadly, I had to play this completely silent so I didn't get to hear the music or your voice-overs for the lovely creampuff. =( I'll definitely play it again soon.

shwippie
Regular

#13 Post by shwippie »

Kuroneko wrote:Hi. =)
I just played your game, and totally loved it.
It was pretty short, and that's about the only complaint I have about it. Your art was detailed and monochromatic, a completely different style than I'm used to. It's was definitely refreshing.
Every question I asked to both Shwii and Shwinn had me absorbed. Their world is a strange one, albeit cute and interesting.
Cyclops and stick figure-man. xD Just genius. Also, Shwinn's secret that Shwii told us, now why didn't I think of that during my exams...
Basically their answers had me both amused and thinking.
The characters both have baffling personalities that I would never have guessed by just looking at them first. That's a good thing, since you're supposed to be learning about them. They felt like complete strangers with solid, consistent personalities and you were really becoming friends to them.
I think someone stated this earlier... the rooms are just intriguing. xD I had to sit there, stop and stare at each of them until I was sure I looked at absolutely everything there was. And then did it again.
I just wish that I got to know more about their world. It was a slice of Alice in Wonderland for me, except I liked your atmosphere more. I'm looking forward to your new projects, and thanks for the treat.
Sadly, I had to play this completely silent so I didn't get to hear the music or your voice-overs for the lovely creampuff. =( I'll definitely play it again soon.
I really appreciate the lengthy review, Kuroneko ^^
Haha I'm glad all the work on the bg didn't go to waste- I'm honored if you thought it was interesting enough to take a second look! *o*
I'm also ecstatic about what you said about getting to know them (it's hard for me to judge that myself, so I'm relying on comments like yours to know how the characters come across)
Aww a thousand thanks!
Image Image Image

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#14 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Kyaaaa!
lol
it's too cute!
I love shwinn!
He's like a cute, (weird) boy
lol
and Shwippie too,
(I laugh when a bug fly near her)
what bug is that? it make her like she's not a cream puff but... a... p**
xDD

Well I love when I ask Shwinn
"If I set your room on fire, what item would you save first?"
He said "....you"
lol! <3
Shwii is cute too!
I love you you draw it, etc.
Hope you'll make another one again.
maybe a sequel? xD

shwippie
Regular

#15 Post by shwippie »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:Kyaaaa!
lol
it's too cute!
I love shwinn!
He's like a cute, (weird) boy
lol
and Shwippie too,
(I laugh when a bug fly near her)
what bug is that? it make her like she's not a cream puff but... a... p**
xDD

Well I love when I ask Shwinn
"If I set your room on fire, what item would you save first?"
He said "....you"
lol! <3
Shwii is cute too!
I love you you draw it, etc.
Hope you'll make another one again.
maybe a sequel? xD
lol it was
a fly near shwippie, so you're kind of right XD
eee thank you >w< I'm so happy you played it!
I know what I want to do for the sequel (it's gonna be a bit different ^^b)
Image Image Image