Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3961 Post by thebackup »

Rinima wrote:I just learnt today that a student adviser at my old school died last month.

I was really close to said adviser, and I was looking forward to going to see her and talk about uni ect.
Sorry to hear... my condolences.

Reminds me during my time at my first college, one of the professors died in a car accident. I never had her as my professor, but you can certainly feel the atmosphere of mourning on campus.

And which in turn reminds me of a girl during my time in HS who died because her boyfriend fell asleep at the wheel, coming home from prom night... ugh. Which was rather strange because my HS was heavily promoting an anti-drinking and driving campaign at the time. And then that happened. >_>

khnachi
Veteran
Location: Somewhere in those 7,107 islands in the Philippines.

#3962 Post by khnachi »

Today I was about to eat lunch with my aunts and some other guests but I seem to forgot my cup so I went to the cupboards to look for it but when I get back to the table my little cousin just went out to get my plate that i prepared for myself and I was just like,
"well that happens, let's just get another one", but seeing that there's no more room at the table I decided to tell them that I'll join them in a little while(once others are finished eating that is) but just then my mom suddenly slapped my right arm for I don't know how many times and started to shout names at me in front of my aunts and all I can do was stand there and wonder what did I do wrong.
She immediately ordered me to sit in the cramped dinning table and I eat in silence for the whole time.
I just thought maybe she thought I was being disrespectful to my aunts just because my cousin took my food and my reason for leaving the dining table was because of that.

**sigh.
My arm still hurts though, good thing I don't bruise easily.

curry nochi rice
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Delicatessen, Whom to Notice, Start of Something, Love Sorcery
Organization: Circle Cosine
IRC Nick: Curry
itch: project-rothera

#3963 Post by curry nochi rice »

last night, I had this dream of me and my close friend traversing a snowy field... then she said she has a boyfriend and I was like "what?"
funny thing is I used to care for love this person so much until I realized I (she wants to keep it platonic) should stop. Heck I wonder why would I have such a strange dream.
Personal (R-13) | Now at IndieDB | Circle Cosine's itch.io
I wanna be done.

MapleWizen

#3964 Post by MapleWizen »

Man... seeing the blood moon tonight was absolutely breathtaking and surreal.

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#3965 Post by JumpJump »

Do you know what's worst then a spider crawling along your wall? Following said spider around the corner of said wall, only to find that it has disappeared. Not that good when your arachnophobia can make you paralysed.
House-spider-_Tege_1489352c.jpg
Did you also know that the common uk house spider is also the worlds fastest spider......... :shock:

While typing this, it seems that the spider got a little curious and ran on front of my monitor. Looks like I misidentified the little fella. turns out it's a Woodlouse spider. I might be shaking a little bit at the moment, but I got it.

I did not kill it. I'm not like that.

Here is a picture of my new friend. I'm off to set him/her free now.
spider bro.jpg
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#3966 Post by Greeny »

Being arachnophobic and still having the restraint not to kill it is pretty admirable!
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3967 Post by LVUER »

At least you're not living in Australia where the spiders are trying to kill you... literally.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#3968 Post by JumpJump »

Greeny wrote:Being arachnophobic and still having the restraint not to kill it is pretty admirable!
Thank you. They petrify me, but I also find them fascinating.
LVUER wrote:At least you're not living in Australia where the spiders are trying to kill you... literally.
Oh Australia, you really are natures f*** you to mankind.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#3969 Post by Rinima »

Ohhh well done, my Mum is arachnophobic, and if that happened to her, she would be on the chair in an instant XD
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#3970 Post by Hazel-Bun »

I gagged a little bit, dear God. I'd kill that thing/beast/nightmare fuel instantly. Good job o v o"!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

#3971 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

I might as well add my own confession to this thread.

I have a bit of an obsession with a certain cosplayer who is quite famous on the internet. I would never send her harassing messages, or make inappropriate comments on her photos, but I feel as if I think about her far more than is healthy. Actually, now that I write this, I think I am probably overreacting. Never mind the above! It just feels good to say it!

Razz
Veteran
Completed: Starlight Vega, Catch Canvas, Love Ribbon, Happy Campers, Wolf Tails
Projects: Two projects
Organization: Razzartvisual

#3972 Post by Razz »

How do people afford so much foreign travel? I'd love to take another trip but I went to portland for three weeks and blew 2000$ like it was nothing on restaurants, drinks, hotels, etc. Going overseas would cost me almost that much for a plane ticket. I think the USA is boring and don't really want to spend all that money. (though denver might be fun, again)

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#3973 Post by thebackup »

Couple things:

- Because my cell number is so easy to remember I tend to get mass amounts of random calls and text messages from unknown people. As a result I don't answer my phone unless it's someone I recognize. I just got an angry random text message because I'm not answering his calls. Not my problem, I don't know you!

- 911 came over yesterday, because aunt started having dizzy spells. Thankfully she's fine now.

- Being a fairly frequent visitor to danbooru, it's extremely difficult to upload the "good pics." Because by the time you find a newly uploaded pixiv image, 95% of the time it's already uploaded within 5 minutes, ESPECIALLY by someone who's at least contributor level (unmoderated posting)! I really wish contrib+ users would show some restraint and let those who are Member level have a shot at uploading "good images," and thus having a shot at a promotion (thankfully, some of them do). Contribs should give it several hours, and if not posted by then, post it. I know, every image is fair game, but it's an etiquette thing. I could post what I said on danbooru forums... but then I'll probably get a negative feedback.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#3974 Post by mugenjohncel »

Razz wrote:How do people afford so much foreign travel?
Simple, as a frequent flyer, I took advantage of everything that earns me flying miles (example: Credit Cards/promos). It also help if you have regular help from a "decent" travel agent (a real career travel agent that has real world connections, that doesn't simply rely on travel/booking sites and can arrange custom packages specifically tailored to your needs beyond mere lodging)

Also related, travel light... unless you're sightseeing, don't even bother bringing your iPad/Galaxy/Digicam and stick to the primary purpose of the travel. Such gadgets tends to give you overhead worries especially when traveling abroad. I already have a functioning Laptop that is more than enough for my Business trip, why would I need to bring the iPad?

"POOF" (Disappears)

MomoiroGirl
Veteran
Deviantart: MomoiroGirl
Location: Somewheeere over the rainbow~ ... Well, Denmark at least

#3975 Post by MomoiroGirl »

Mother of god I feel absolutely horrible... My new meds are killing me, I have little to no inspiration or motivaton to draw, but also no energy to do something other than that, heck, I don't even want to watch any movies or animes. Lately, Sex and the City is just replaying over and over again on my player, 'cause I can't watch it easily without needing to get too into it.

But for maybe a year now, I've just felt so empty inside, as if I'm just a big, black hole, trying to find the meaning of life (even though I know deep down inside that I won't find it, even if I search the rest of my life)... I don't even have enough menta energy to properly write what I feel here, I just feel so messed up. It's as if my body can no longer keep up with myself anymore, either physically or mentally.

And tonight, my chest started hurting, simply due to the hurt that has resulted from my emptiness and blandness. It feels like frickin' heartbreak in my chest, and the only thing I can do every day to stop it, is go to sleep, wake up, and live through as much of the day I can before I feel the emptiness tearing me apart again. Seriously, my tumblr's so depressing to look at lately. I've been trying to do requests for drawings to kickstart my inspiration, but it just feels like it keeps getting worse.

I just don't think I will ever see life in a positive light again, after what I've come to realize through my own and others' reflections, and I'm getting scared, that if I ever completely acknowledge, that life has no meaning, and never will have one, I will be driven to suicide... I'm not suicidal now, but to quote something I read recently, if a car was suddenly coming right at me, full speed, I'm not sure my first instinct would be to move..

I can't even properly describe how I feel, I'm not even able to tell if what I'm writing makes sense or not, I'm just too exhausted and too empty to really feel anythingother than occasional sorrow. I mean hell earlier tonight was the first time in a very long time that I had a rea laugh from reading something funny, which is strange, since I've always been famous amongst my acquaintances for laughing over like nothing. But for over the past year, maybe more, I'm just empty. And no one seems to really grasp how it is I feel, even my friends with depression... Just felt like I needed to at least TRY to vent, even if what I'm writing makes no sense, is hard to understand or is incoherent...