Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#4606 Post by Rinima »

I've got to see someone for work tomorrow who I really don't want to.

I mean, this lady gives me panic attacks. I don't do panic attacks.

Someone help me ;~;

But yea, I've just had a real shitty month. My work has overworked me way to much, they keep loading more work on me. It got to the point were I had to go off ill today due to stress.

Also, ucas has closed for the weekend, just as I was about to get an update about my uni application on if I got in or not, now I hav to wait till Monday.

Why on earth did I decide working in Health care was a good idea?
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4607 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Rinima wrote:I've got to see someone for work tomorrow who I really don't want to.

Someone help me ;~;
Do you use any calming techniques to deal with panic attacks (meditation, breathing exercises, etc.)? If not, I suggest trying a few! And make sure you get a proper night's sleep for tomorrow. It'll help. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#4608 Post by Rinima »

Mad Harlequin wrote:
Rinima wrote:I've got to see someone for work tomorrow who I really don't want to.

Someone help me ;~;
Do you use any calming techniques to deal with panic attacks (meditation, breathing exercises, etc.)? If not, I suggest trying a few! And make sure you get a proper night's sleep for tomorrow. It'll help. :)
Thanks for the advice, it helped :)

For those that are curious, yes, she was rude to me, I managed to make her stop being rude by threatening to leave the house (while she was on the commode no less).

(I didn't actually leave her on the commode though, just to clear that up)
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

Shinoki
Veteran
Completed: tender feelings like water, Follower A, Moon Archer Shooting Stars, Heart's Blight, from that moment she neglected the world
Projects: Pomegranate Fruit
itch: 4noki

#4609 Post by Shinoki »

When you're trying to get people to take a survey... I need to get less impatient. OTL
http://goo.gl/forms/VKP3B6Qf7F (can someone take it for me, please?)

My life is probably lacking in serious problems, but I always have so much blank space, and I feel like I have no motivation to do things. I'm not particularly failing in school, generally A grades, but I don't have a sense of satisfaction with what I do. I need to get a life. OTL

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#4610 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Shinoki wrote:My life is probably lacking in serious problems, but I always have so much blank space, and I feel like I have no motivation to do things. I'm not particularly failing in school, generally A grades, but I don't have a sense of satisfaction with what I do. I need to get a life. OTL
This will pass. I'm out of school and looking for long-term employment, so I've been doing volunteer work to have some way of being productive. I'm also investing my time and energy in creative pursuits.

I'm not saying I'm totally happy with how my life is now, or that I wouldn't change anything, but I've found worthwhile ways to spend my time when I'm not job-hunting, and that brings me some peace.

If you find something you like to do (that isn't just sitting in front of the television), I think you'll feel better.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Xerofit51
Veteran
Completed: Freak-quency, Harvest-Moon spin off
Projects: Freak-quency
Deviantart: xerofit51

#4611 Post by Xerofit51 »

When the brother u cherish decides to elope n cut ties with the family to another country. And I still don't know what the hell I am doing in a college I was forced to. All I can think of is....sigh.... life,or at least let me draw and make games.... But I can't even do that cuzz I have exams next week.

Also praises to uncle mugen !u r an amazing person n I hope the people around u will respect u more!
Last edited by Xerofit51 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

annpan
Regular
Projects: Death Pledge -Wish of Blood-
Organization: Broken Wisteria or Qian.
Tumblr: waterlilyvn

#4612 Post by annpan »

I'm waiting on a dlc. However, I can't wait. I need more of Leslie in my life. Juli, what are you have you done and are doing? I love you to bits so please tell me why. Don't make me hate you.

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#4613 Post by ZennyZenZen »

So I made a few friends with the wrong people.

I feel very uncomfortable in situations when my friends start talking about girls. I've never had a girlfriend, so I can't relate. So when I'm with a group of friends at a party and we start to talk about how sexy Candy is, I'm the guy who just sits quietly with a smile on my face. But this is the part of party when I just want to go home.

And you know what's worse? When they talk about a girl you happen to like. Which is what happened to me. This wasn't anything of a party, just us guys hanging out, listening to music, and one of us decides to talk about how sexy Leslie is. I have nothing to contribute to the conversation, so I just shut up. It went from one girl to another, to a girl I actually liked, and it's like, the worst feeling in the world.

These guys talking about a girl I like, talking about how big her chest and ass is and how much they wanna tap that. And I'm just sitting right there in the middle with my mouth shut.

What could make this even worse? One of the guys sitting with us knows that I like this certain girl. Who knows what he was thinking about. And he also had a lot to contribute to the conversation.

Whenever I'm part of this conversation, I just take solace in the fact that I am in fact a romantic person. I've been on plenty of dates and emotional roller coasters, but never actually been in a relationship I could invest in. I want that. And I'll never stop looking for that. Even when this world becomes darker, bleak, and more hopeless, I'll never stop looking for that.

ThisIsNoName
Veteran

#4614 Post by ThisIsNoName »

ZennyPai wrote:So I made a few friends with the wrong people.

I feel very uncomfortable in situations when my friends start talking about girls. I've never had a girlfriend, so I can't relate. So when I'm with a group of friends at a party and we start to talk about how sexy Candy is, I'm the guy who just sits quietly with a smile on my face. But this is the part of party when I just want to go home.
One thing that I found that works very well is to make them as uncomfortable as you are.

Last time that happened, let's just say the focus of the conversation turned to (spoiler'd for adult language)
how hard I'd screw that tight little Honda Civic's cherry bomb in.

They never talked to me about things like that again. XD

You need a lot of confidence to pull it off, but it's totally worth it to see the expression on their faces.

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#4615 Post by JumpJump »

[ Link deleted due to politics rule - PyTom ]

I'm really lost for words..
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#4616 Post by mugenjohncel »

It is done... I now have filled a costly "One Month Non-Paid Leave" effective immediately and a Company Wide Memo "Don't bother me" to get back on track and sort my life after that little screw up in Malaysia nearly wrecked me both Physically, Mentally and Financially... also NaNoRenO... it should cause some stir tomorrow when they see it in their desks and emails and even if they don't approve it, not my problem... this will also let me witness how the company will perform without me in the equation... :)

Just to be sure, I placed 2 of my primary phones in my safety deposit box because "screw everyone"... this is "my month"... and also the first time "In a Decade" that I officially and intentionally took a leave...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Squid
Regular

#4617 Post by Squid »

mugenjohncel wrote:It is done... I now have filled a costly "One Month Non-Paid Leave" effective immediately and a Company Wide Memo "Don't bother me" to get back on track and sort my life after that little screw up in Malaysia nearly wrecked me both Physically, Mentally and Financially... also NaNoRenO... it should cause some stir tomorrow when they see it in their desks and emails and even if they don't approve it, not my problem... this will also let me witness how the company will perform without me in the equation... :)

Just to be sure, I placed 2 of my primary phones in my safety deposit box because "screw everyone"... this is "my month"... and also the first time "In a Decade" that I officially and intentionally took a leave...

"POOF" (Disappears)
YES!!!
Stand up for yourself :D
Or... not stand, as the case may be.
Maybe lay down on a chair, or something.

But either way...
FOR YOURSELF :D

ZennyZenZen
Regular
Projects: Perfection Project
Deviantart: omgimawriter
Github: ZenNaari

#4618 Post by ZennyZenZen »

Sometimes I just sit down, slouch, and sigh... thinking...

"What if all the girls I meet with short hair happen to be lesbians?"

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#4619 Post by MaiMai »

What.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#4620 Post by Rossfellow »

Young'uns and their social media squabbles! Back in my day when we talked about Disney Princesses it was because we loved the hell out of it, and none of it involved accusing Walt Disney of racism/sexism/bigotry!

tl;dr I need better people to follow.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair