Fangames

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Nekobiker
Regular

Re: Fangames

#16 Post by Nekobiker »

I get the point. Looks like it would be wiser to just start on something entirely new, get everything within my ability done, and then look for free artists (if they exist) who would paint a spirte or two for me. Is that how it's done? I picked up VN making no earlier than last week so I'm not sure if that's the right order to do things in.

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#17 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

Nekobiker wrote:I get the point. Looks like it would be wiser to just start on something entirely new, get everything within my ability done, and then look for free artists (if they exist) who would paint a spirte or two for me. Is that how it's done? I picked up VN making no earlier than last week so I'm not sure if that's the right order to do things in.
That is a great way to start. You'll get more "bites" from your search for art help if people can see that you've done everything else you can on the project and have been really dedicated to it. People who give free art want to know that the project they are contributing to will see the light of day eventually.

Good luck!

redeyesblackpanda
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Eternal Memories, plot bunnies that won't die.
Organization: HellPanda Studios

#18 Post by redeyesblackpanda »

Nekobiker wrote:I get the point. Looks like it would be wiser to just start on something entirely new, get everything within my ability done, and then look for free artists (if they exist) who would paint a spirte or two for me. Is that how it's done? I picked up VN making no earlier than last week so I'm not sure if that's the right order to do things in.
That's probably the best choice considering the situation. The most offensive thing you can to is stealing the original art, music, backgrounds, and other resources. I know I'd be upset if I saw someone take all my hard work and just use it without my permission.
(All projects currently on a hiatus of sorts. I blame life.)
Tsundere VN
Not really checking the forums any more due to time constraints, so if you want to contact me, PM. I'll get a notification and log in. :mrgreen:
Also, I've been hit and run posting, which means I don't see many replies. If you want to respond to something I've said, also feel free to PM me.

NOTE: if you've got questions about vnovel or things like that, it's Leon that you should be contacting. Leon's been pretty much handling everything, but due to various reasons, I've had to withdraw entirely.