[WIP] Dirty Money

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Heurim
Projects: Dirty Money

[WIP] Dirty Money

#1 Post by Heurim »

"Hey, kid. Do you know why I'm letting you live?"
"..."
"Being alone -- it's a fate even worse than death."

--
Progress:
CG Art: 10%
Sprites: 30%
Storyline Planning: 100%
Coding: 2%
Writing: 2%
Music: On Hold

Deadline: January 2011 not likely

--

Plot:
This story takes place in the distant (or perhaps near?) future -- Japan has become corrupt; most of it has been taken over by the organised crime syndicates (yakuza). One of the strongest and most powerful syndicates, the Nishibi-kai, resides in Tokyo, where our game takes place. Yukinori's parents are brutally murdered in front of him by the head of this syndicate himself, and now he is offered a deal -- to pay off his parents debt in 30 days through working for Nishibi or die.

Through working in the Nishibi syndicate, Yukinori finds out more about the history involving his parents' massive debt and his parents' murderer, the mysterious and twisted Masuoka-kaichou.

--

Gameplay:
Basically, this is a stat-raising game (though with other external options affecting the eventual outcome) where you plan out what you do each day and rake in the cash, e.g. debt collecting or drug trafficking. Each choice has its own effects on the main character's state of mind etc. and this all contributes to what kind of ending you get.

--

Characters:
Yukinori
A determined 18-year-old bent on avenging his parents. The protagonist of Dirty Money. Very moody.

Masuoka
He appears to be a twisted, evil man, but perhaps that's not all there is to him...

Junki
Masuoka's right-hand-man. Cool and has a good sense of humour.

Yoshida
A thug in Nishibi-kai. He is in the same situation as Yukinori, but seems to have willingly joined the syndicate.

Ikumi
A civilian who owes the syndicate a large sum of money. Yukinori meets her while collecting debts.

--

Okay, I realise this is very bland but there are a lot of spoilers flying around and if I reveal anything that contributes too largely to the plot everything will become extremely obvious. I want to know whether this sort of game will be well-received since most of the games here are of the ren'ai genre. ><
m(__)m I'm bad at writing so I'm sorry if this summary makes sense. This is why I don't do the writing in my team ㅋㅋ

Currently redoing sprites. ._.
Last edited by Heurim on Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:46 am, edited 10 times in total.
상어를 사랑한 인어
deviantart
WIP - Dirty Money

Lanna
Regular

Re: [WIP] Dirty Money

#2 Post by Lanna »

I don't know if these types of games are generally well-received, but I can definitely tell you there are people who will highly appreciate a change from all the ren'ai games. I should know, I'm one of them :mrgreen:

The whole "main character sees his parents die" made me go a bit meh at first, but the deal along with the gameplay make it sound really interesting, actually :) Good luck with your project, I'm looking forward to updates!

winternight119
Regular
Projects: Under the Cherry Blossoms: Memories of a Dream 「桜の下で:夢の記憶」

#3 Post by winternight119 »

Woww I like the story so far. Definitely something I would play. :3 I'm pretty sure if that happened it'd affect the world. D: Good luck!
Current Project(s): 桜の下で:夢の記憶 「Under the Cherry Blossoms: Memories of a Dream」 - WIP - click here for more!

kantocan1
Regular

#4 Post by kantocan1 »

Seems pretty interesting, in other words, GO FOR IT
Nice change from everything though, mind you.
I love GxB/Otome games! (Same thing really).

Anyone here like Bleach?

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#5 Post by sake-bento »

I think it looks interesting. You should go forward with it.

Heurim

#6 Post by Heurim »

Thanks for the support! I'm working on the profiles now, and'll prolly post them around Tuesday cos' I'm busy with school and all. xD;;
상어를 사랑한 인어
deviantart
WIP - Dirty Money

Heurim

#7 Post by Heurim »

Added some images and updated the profiles. Work is going smoothly. 8D
상어를 사랑한 인어
deviantart
WIP - Dirty Money