[W.I.P] Dimaen - A drug just for you (Drugs, GxB, GxG)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
stellacisem
Regular

Re: [W.I.P] Dimaen - A drug just for you (Drugs, GxB, GxG)

#16 Post by stellacisem »

Silvere wrote:
the story is interesting, not many VNs out there takes realistic topics such as drugs. many are fantasy themed, not that I mind XD
It still is a little bit based on... fantasy.. a little bit... x3

For the art: I don´t think it´s a fitting style :3 But you´re a sailormoon fan, hu? :D
Hmm, it has fantasy? I'm not sure it I'll like this... Because I KNOW that I will LOVE this X3 oh, and did you look at my DA page? yeah, I'm a major Sailor Moon fan since me watching my first anime ( yeah, it was Sailor moon too!) :D
I waited for [more than] ten years, eleven months, thirty days, 12 hours and 26 minutes. then i finally had to admit i wasn't getting an acceptance letter from Hogwarts.

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#17 Post by Silvere »

Dunceney wrote:whoa drugs and GxG I'm definitely waiting for this (I know I'm having a wrong imagination, but who cares XDD)
If I think that I know what you mean, then all I can say is: If there´s such an (free) artist out there, maybe next time!
*Swings GxG-Fan-Flag*
stellacisem wrote:oh, and did you look at my DA page?
How else I would now about your Sailormoon love ? :D

Silvere
Veteran

#18 Post by Silvere »

Okay, okay. Gotta say this now.

This project is NOT dead!
Basically it was, yes. But that was due some circumstances, problems & me being just to goddamn lazy to do anything at all. As I´m now outta that hole(Goddamnit, spent half a year always thinking on how to go on and then always being too lazy to actually write something! :X) I´m back now. In full energy! Although this month I won´t get THAT much done as my calendar is full of plans (Holy, so many boring things to do just to graduate in some damn school) .. I still plan on setting up some time plans and get myself to move my ass in front of the damn scriptfile/whateverelsethereis and write that stuff! And them I will be all happy, full of energy, screaming around like a little kid and then again find lots of people who wanna draw some more CGs for me \o/ OPTIMISM IS GOOD FOR MOTIVATING. Just saying.
[Pessimism ftw, by the way]

Just had to write this down. In some way. Now I´m still feeling great! WHAT A GREAT DAY THIS IS.
And because I can - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p70MTx56Bf4 ~ Lala~

Great day, great day...

Oh, forgot that... I AM BACK. Hello. Hello. IT´S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME.

Silvere out.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#19 Post by sake-bento »

This is really interesting! Unconventional setting, and an really interesting hook. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Silvere
Veteran

#20 Post by Silvere »

As Katawa Shoujo currently is messing up every effort I possibly could imagine, I'm gonna stay with a Screenshot of a .. sorta alpha gui while rewriting most of the prologue as it is kinda awkward and I just don't feel comfortable with the way it goes :/

Kinda looked at how many words I've already written is was amused that there were no more than laughable 2k words. Cursing myself for that (And currently Katawa Shoujo) I just need to complete 2 paths in KS to have it finished and while I´m doing that I´m going with a simple 1-2k words per day goal so I get at least something done. (Cookies as reward for fullfilling that \o/ )

So far the only thing I can think of is that I used a completely wrong color for the border, but.. That's easily changeable. Maybe should try nearly everything possible :/ Can't get that out of my mind... Oh my, I'm really making life problematic here, aren't I ?

Another reason for rewriting the prologue is that it kinda just doesn't fit. Dialogues feel unbelievable to me, so yea :|
Not to mention the screenie. Needs more writing, less "easily be overseen". TRULY NOW, what tha hell! Yea, won't find it in a bowl full of nuts, but there I can clearly see it. Holy, what was I thinking back then <.<
Gotta change that! There's much to a beginning of a VN and the first impression shouldn't be THAT bad now :lol:

Therefore, see ya~
Attachments
! Tha drug. Trolol. 0.0
! Tha drug. Trolol. 0.0

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#21 Post by wingzofdarkness »

Hey girl friend! 8)
I don't see anything wrong with the GUI. I looks quite pretty and the choice color is nice.
I'm wondering if you're looking for a background artist and/or CG artist. Under your team log, when you say you're looking for a CGs/BGs, are you looking for color graphic/and background artist? Or a background artist? ...Because you wrote lordcloudx as your CG artist. Quite confusing there.

Nonetheless, I should pinch your cheeks to get you motivated to move forward with this project. It sounds interesting *_*

Silvere
Veteran

#22 Post by Silvere »

wingzofdarkness wrote:Hey girl friend! 8)
Girl Buddy! =D
I don't see anything wrong with the GUI. I looks quite pretty and the choice color is nice.
Yay, so I most likely can keep that way!
I'm wondering if you're looking for a background artist and/or CG artist. Under your team log, when you say you're looking for a CGs/BGs, are you looking for color graphic/and background artist? Or a background artist? ...Because you wrote lordcloudx as your CG artist. Quite confusing there.
1) Okay, removed everyone standing there for now as I just didn't keep contact with em. Oh man, I am so cruel :? Gotta write at least carosene & snowi a pm for proofs again ^^
2) Well, theoretically for both. But as I most likely won't find any background artists I will probably stick to photoshop and photographs, although so far I'm not quite happy with the results. Gotta see how that will work out... Going to remove that backgroundartist thing. Lordcloudx made some few CGs like the hand but that's actually all to it *_* He hadn't that much time either so, yeah.
Nonetheless, I should pinch your cheeks to get you motivated to move forward with this project. It sounds interesting *_*
Motivate someone out of this forum to dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3A3Boa2ug0
and there I am, FULLY MOTIVATED *_*

wingzofdarkness
Regular

#23 Post by wingzofdarkness »

Silvere wrote:Girl Buddy! =D
That's right. And don't you forget it! :<
Motivate someone out of this forum to dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3A3Boa2ug0
and there I am, FULLY MOTIVATED *_*
That...might be a little out of my league to do...
I guess you will have to be motivated by motivation :roll:

Is a demo coming out any time soon?

Silvere
Veteran

#24 Post by Silvere »

wingzofdarkness wrote:That's right. And don't you forget it! :<
Nev4r! This is the bond that keeps us connected <3
Uh.. yea. :mrgreen:
That...might be a little out of my league to do...
I guess you will have to be motivated by motivation :roll:
There I started to have high hopes for you and then... :<
But yeah, it's sorta working. With some time management you get things done more easily than I thought. Seems like all that stuff from school really was true in some way :lol:
Is a demo coming out any time soon?
For now I don't intend to do so as I'm missing CGs & backgrounds(I only have some filler-bgs which don't seem appropiate). Additionally I got hooked up in trying to do some music myself, although that most likely won't turn out any good in near future. (Except it's an extremely simple piece =3)
In addition I don't want bring out a demo with only 10-15 minutes gameplay. It should last a bit longer ;P
Not to mention my 15k words needing proofreading :lol:
But all that got time as I think I'm gonna get into this "Oh, ok, that's not good, need to overwork that!" - thingy and then I will waste too much time :<

+ Menu-Design is still missing.

TL;DR
There still is some way to go until I can release a demo I'm going to be happy with~

wingzofdarkness
Regular

#25 Post by wingzofdarkness »

Silvere wrote:There I started to have high hopes for you and then... :<
Er...>.<
Then, um...do you need any assistance besides making someone dance on youtube?

I am assuming this game is still in the early stages. Ten minutes is not too bad, but I agree that longer is better for a demo.
What art style are you using for the sprites and with what style for filler backgrounds?

Silvere wrote:But all that got time as I think I'm gonna get into this "Oh, ok, that's not good, need to overwork that!" - thingy and then I will waste too much time :<
But that is what makes a great game-maker: someone who is willing to revise and rework their hardest until they are satisfied. Those are the type of games that usually end up successful. Be proud! =]
As for the menu design, I would love to help, but I am quite busy right now and I don't want to make an empty commitment promises that won't be completed for about 6 months - 1 year....Orz

Chushiki Maho
Regular
Projects: X-Tasy, Teacher Pets, Virus
Organization: Infinite Scribbles Productions

#26 Post by Chushiki Maho »

Woah, a Pacthesis look-a-like...

I love this idea and character art... Best of luck to you <3
X-Tasy - GXB (WIP)
~ My Fanfiction
Virus [NaNoRenO 2012]
French to English (or vice-versa) VN translator ~ PM me if interested :3