Sacred Sand [BxB] [Now Complete]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)
Deviantart: http://silverhyena.d
itch: https://silverhyena.

Sacred Sand [BxB] [Now Complete]

#1 Post by SilverHyena »

This game is now finished. You can download the game here:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/wQ_9-nDe/Sac ... d-all.html?

Title: Sacred Sand
Genre: Fantasy
Pairings: Mainly BxB, One BxG pairing possible

Endings: 21 (Seriously.)
Demo: http://www.mediafire.com/?f9k84nexemkk81u

Plot:
Lorr is a merchant who has currently set up shop at an outpost in order to help supply the Gradoan army. The outpost was set up in an attempt to put a halt to the recent attacks made on the main city by the Shaherons-- a tribe of people that make their living in the desert. The reasons for this sudden increase in violence is unknown, but that's hardly Lorr's problem--until the outpost gets raided and he ends up being captured by none other than the second prince of Shaheron.

Places:

Ah'Rahel - The only legitimate city of a generally nomadic people called the Shaherons. It is located at an oasis deep in the desert.

Gradoa - A large kingdom that spreads across most of the continent. It thrives off of military power. Most civilizations submit to it in order to prevent being conquered. The Shaherons are one of the few remaining people who live outside Gradoa's power.

Gradoa Outpost - An outpost established between Gradoa and Ah'Rahel in order to stop the recent raids from the Shaherons.

Characters:

Note 1: All the characters here are obtainable.
Note 2: If you'd like to see the full sprites for them, I'm attaching a pic at the bottom of this post. (I just didn't want to stretch it too much... :P)

The Gradoans (Top Row) (From left to right)

Name: Lorr (Player Character)
Normally a merchant that works in the capital of Gradoa, Lorr has switched up his usual work in order to aid the army by providing supplies. He is generally anti-war, but since Aydin works for the military, Lorr figures he should do his part too. Lorr is amiable even if he's a bit crass, but he isn't the type to let people walk all over him. He knows several languages and can hold his own in a drinking contest-- and he likes to brag about it.

Name: Charlos
One of the soldiers that Lorr has made friends with in his time at the outpost. They share a love of drinking and making fun of each other. Though he's generally cheerful, he does get a little gloomy when he thinks about his wife. He worries that she'll leave him because he's not around a lot.

Name: Aydin
A high ranking soldier in the Gradoan army. Aydin seems rather stoic and unsociable, but the truth is he's just shy. The exception to this is when he's with Lorr. The two of them were raised together and brought up as brothers even though Aydin's parents are nobility while Lorr's mother was only a maid for their manor. Aydin is a master with a sword and won't hesitate to come to Lorr's defense.

Name: Merris
One of the more powerful Generals in the Gradoan army. Aydin works under him. He may come off as heartless, but that is not necessarily the case. He just lets efficiency and practicality overshadow his nicer emotions. He is tired of the war and will do just about anything to end it so he and his soldiers can go home.

The Shaherons (Bottom row) (From left to right)

Name: Rhael
A cocky Shaheron prince who happens to be an excellent marksman with a bow. He's a bit on the spoiled side and sleeps around with no regards to gender. No one really cares though as he's the second son and thus, not in line for the throne. Surprisingly enough, he is actually a very intellectual being versed in many forms of literature and song. More importantly, he can actually speak the Gradoan language.

Name: Learah
A Shaheron merchant who specializes in selling flowers. She's materialistic and makes no real effort to hide this fact. Her and Rhael get along rather well, even though she picks on him a lot.

Name: Keral
Rhael's father and king of Shaheron. He continuously chastises Rhael's actions and makes it clear that he thinks that Rhael is wasting his time on meaningless pursuits.

Name: ???
A secret character who is also obtainable. :D

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE DEMO HERE:

http://www.mediafire.com/?f9k84nexemkk81u
Attachments
Just a sample cg. :P
Just a sample cg. :P
charactersbig.png
Last edited by SilverHyena on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:20 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Snow Blossom
Veteran

Re: Sacred Sand [BxB] [WIP]

#2 Post by Snow Blossom »

The sprites look good so far, but Lorr and Aydin look a bit too similar... :-\

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#3 Post by teacup »

Maybe change their eye shape? That could easily make them look different from each other.
That said, I don't usually like fantasy or bxb separate, but the two combined... always turn out interesting ^o^
How far along are you so far?
P.S. Your avatar = <3

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#4 Post by carosene »

Your plot sounds really interesting! :) I love the combination of the exotic setting and BxB. Don't let the heteros have all the fantasy. ;)

Good luck on this! :D Can't wait to see more.
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Nana

#5 Post by Nana »

plot sounds pretty interesting
good luck and I'll be waiting to play it=]
Unsuccessful Artist
--- Blog ---> http://nana-o9.xanga.com/
Current Project:
The cow and the pretty red stone
{Sounds weird but it's for my own entertainment ^-^}

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#6 Post by Snow Blossom »

I normally avoid BXB games, but... Rhael... is... so... IRRESISTIBLE!! O////O
MUST PLAY!!! :twisted:

SilverHyena
Veteran
Completed: Sacred Sand (BxB), Mira's Magical Mishap (GxG), Ben and the Devil, Cute Demon Crashers (GxB/G) (18+), Heirs and Graces (BxB), My Magical Divorce Bureau (AllxAll), Essence Hunt (BxB)

#7 Post by SilverHyena »

@SnowBlossom: I do want those two to look a little similar, but you may have a point. I'm too lazy to mess with the bases, but I will take teacup's advice and try changing the eyes a bit to see what kind of results I get. Thanks for the input! :D
P.S. Rhael really has some kind of charisma going on, doesn't he? >:D I was thinking the same thing when I was drawing him. Haha.

@teacup: I'm gonna take your advice and try that out. Maybe I'll get some good results. We'll see. XD But yeah, fantasy combined with anything is kind of awesome... At least, in my opinion, hah. I actually just started yesterday so I'm not far along at all. Hah. Well I've got time to kill this summer and this is how I plan to use it! >:D And yeeees, 9 Hours 9 Persons 9 Doors rocks! I'm not to keen on bad endings, so I was bummed out that you have to at least get one of the bad endings before the true one, but once I got the true one it made perfect sense why it had to be that way. I kind of fangirled over how they set that whole thing up. Long story short, awesome game!

@Carosene: Thanks! And I agree! Fantasy shouldn't be limited to straight pairings. Besides, there's just not enough bl games in the world. Nothing wrong with hetero and gl games (I'll play anything), but bl is where my heart is at.

@Nana: Thanks! Of course, it might take awhile since I'm planning on doing everything myself... and I'll need to figure out a lot of Renpy stuff. I've got the basics down, but I'll need to do some research for the fancier stuff. But anyway, thanks again! I'll work hard so hopefully it doesn't take too long!

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by HigurashiKira »

This sounds like a good game.
Currently waiting warmly for any new developments.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Lolita_Soft
Regular
Projects: Steam Angel (kn)

#9 Post by Lolita_Soft »

Ooh, More Bl <3 I'm looking forward to this, especialy because I love your comics on Smackjeeves~ :]
"Momento Mori."
"Moriendo Renascor."

Please call me Heimi :]

stellacisem
Regular

#10 Post by stellacisem »

I just got into BL and I'm keeping an eye on this one *subscribes* =3 just to let you know that I think this game looks really nice. Just please don't rush, okay? :)
I waited for [more than] ten years, eleven months, thirty days, 12 hours and 26 minutes. then i finally had to admit i wasn't getting an acceptance letter from Hogwarts.

Arcanum
Veteran

#11 Post by Arcanum »

Oh, yes! This looks adorable. I'm definitely interested in what's to come.

SilverHyena
Veteran

#12 Post by SilverHyena »

@HigurashiKira: Awww! Thanks! I'll try to work hard so I can post up some new stuff soon. I've mostly been working on scripting for now so there isn't much to show just yet. (I've been avoiding working on backgrounds. Hah. But I have done a few CGs. Maybe I'll post one or two.)

@Lolita_Soft: Oh, so someone from smackjeeves has found me so soon? Awesome! XD But yeah, it will probably have a similar feel to my comics so it's a good thing you like them! Thanks for the vote of confidence! I'm always happy to hear that people like my work!

@Stellacisem: Thank you! XD And don't worry, I won't rush things. I'm not really in any kind of hurry. I have been working on it quite a bit though considering so it might not take as long as I originally imagined it would.

@Arcanum: Yay! Thanks! I'll do my best not to disappoint!

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#13 Post by RemnantDream »

This looks really good. I haven't played many BxB games that I've liked but I think I shall enjoy this one. Especially Rhael xD

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by HigurashiKira »

Oh God, dat first CG. *death by moe*
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

MiSi
Veteran
Completed: Santa
Projects: On Grey Wings, The Master's Call, Shadowborn ...while having many more in mind ;)

#15 Post by MiSi »

YAY!!! Another BxB game! (You may know how difficult it is to find one out there... ;)) And the characters look great! So cute.

Can't wait to play it :D