[WIP]Marchioness' Teacup [Stat Raising, GxB, GxG]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

[WIP]Marchioness' Teacup [Stat Raising, GxB, GxG]

#1 Post by HikkiPanda »

Tutturu!!!

HikkiPanda here! When I was a kid, I always love to play 'Princess Maker' games. It's sad that we only have 'Princess Maker 2' translated :( (and it's not even an official release >.>). So I'm thinking about making a similar game, since I don't see any chance for 'Princess Maker' 3 or 4 to get translated, and the fan's translation for 'Princess Maker 5' will still take a long while to finish.

There is not much to see here for now, but hopefully the thread will have more info as I make more progress.

Setting:
A combination of Three Kingdoms Period, Sengoku Era, and Fantasy settings

Story:
Ryohoku Academy (name subject to change) is a prestigious school that only accept nobles and students with exceptional qualities. As a daughter of a middle class family, Kana never expect to get an invitation to attend such a prestigious school. but as the war rages the entire land, her school life won't be a peaceful one ...

Features (Everything is subject to change XD):
- 6 years of gameplay (in game time off course, not real life XD). Player start the game at age 12 and finish it at age 18
- 4 (ideally it should be 5) classes to take
- 4 boys and 3 girls to date (ideally I want at least 1 more girl, around 17 years old probably, I want to pair her with Kenshiro and give her the role of a reliable onee-san for the player :P)
- Growing Up, Kana and her friends will change their appearance every 2 years (yeah, it will be like a sudden growth spurt lol).
- Lover Ending and Best Friend Ending for each characters, depends on your actions, you can have more than one best friends, but only one lover allowed :P
- Kingdom Ending, whether your kingdom survive the war and stuff.
- Adventure, a simple one though ..
- City Management, at age 14 or older, you can influence the direction of the city development.
- Debate, if someone disagrees with your plan, challenge them to a debate to proof that they're wrong
- Duel, sometimes no matter how hard you try, words just can't get through some people's thick skull.
- War, this game is set in a kingdom where war rage on .. so naturally there will be a war somewhere in the middle of the game. It definitely won't be like those Turn Based Strategy games though ... something more simple but still fun hopefully ^^;

Features that are may/may not be implemented: (Everything is subject to change XD)
- Glorious Commander Duel, just like that awesome battle when Liu Bei, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei fights Lu Bu.
- Mount, Commander Duel won't be that glorious if everyone is on foot ...
- Diplomacy, good allies can save your city from tragic ends

Here is some of the character sketches, some designs aren't final yet. Please let me know what you think ^^

Izurumi Kana
The heroine of this game ^^

Here are the available boys and girls
Murasaki Kenshiro
A laid back scholar who act as an advisor and emissary for Marquis Semimaru. As a genius, he often able to finish his office's duties and paperworks very early and spend the rest of the afternoons annoys his co-workers or ... . teaching in diplomacy class if he feels like it. His loves for freedom and the tendecy to break the rules, often put him head-on with the other members of bureaucracy.
Souma Ryouzen
Brave, straightforward, and always stand in the front line and be the first to charge and break through the enemy lines. He scores multiple victories during his first battle, a true prodigy at this time of war. Unfortunately, as a military man through and through, many people find him hard to deal with. Even in this kingdom that he seek to protect, he still has more enemies than friends.
Yuki
A mysterious dragon descent who is always appear out of nowhere being chased by a bunch of mysterious people. He and his chasers seems to be in a good terms though.
Tsuchimiya Yasunori
A brash but naive Kitsune (fox demon) who leads one of the local gang, he has some kind of rivalry with Momiji, it's one-sided though ... .
Hanasaki Sakura
The shy and timid but reliable class rep who is also work as a part time miko in the Kagura Shrine. She is a real hardworking, to the point that she doesn't have many friends, and the fact that she spends most of her free time in library only make things worse for her social life.
Kazama Hinari
A daughter of a noble family and a second year who is holding the president rank for the student council. Loud, strict, and love to order people around, despite this she is actually a crybaby and often relied on Sakura when everything goes totally wrong.
Murasame Momiji
A tomboy and cheerful girl who never worry about anything. After an incident involving several local gangs, she often find herself being followed by people from various gang members who begs her to become their leader, much to her annoyance.
Last edited by HikkiPanda on Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:52 am, edited 12 times in total.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

Re: [WIP]Marchioness' Teacup [Stat Raising, Girl protagonist

#2 Post by fleet »

Re: Are the character sketches good enough? Yes.

It appears that English is not your primary language. I would suggest that you have someone who is a native English speaker review the dialog before you produce your final version.

Very respectfully,
fleet
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#3 Post by Fawn »

Hmm well to be honest they don't look like guys at all, I thought they were girls or little boys at first. If the game is going to be all in chibi-style, I could see how they'd look like girls. I'd suggest studying what guys look like first- their broad shoulders, jawlines, eyebrow shapes, and so on. Then you'll be able to make some really hot guys :)

Dream9
Regular
Completed: MiniBot
Projects: Ah! Peku

#4 Post by Dream9 »

Sounds cool ^_^

The quality and style of your character drawings are really good :] This game def. has potential!

squark
Veteran
Completed: Tour de Pharmacy (Proofreader), The Abandoned Land: Book One (Proofreader)
Projects: Raven Hollow (Core Coder, Proofreader), The Universal Hope (Core Coder, Proofreader)
Organization: FlareBlue Entertainment

#5 Post by squark »

The one on the left is passable as a guy. Unless the other one is a trap, it's definately a girl.
fleet wrote:It appears that English is not your primary language. I would suggest that you have someone who is a native English speaker review the dialog before you produce your final version.
This.
Without communication, nothing is possible.
"All we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.

I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore"
-- Edgar Allen Poe, "A Dream Within A Dream"
Current Projects:
Universal Hope Stalled
Raven Hollow (on hold for now)
Peace and Love,
Squark

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#6 Post by HikkiPanda »

woah!! two conflicting opinions o.o; ... maybe my artwork is that 'love it or hate it' type D: ? Thanks for the opinions though, I'll try to do something about it :3
fleet wrote:It appears that English is not your primary language. I would suggest that you have someone who is a native English speaker review the dialog before you produce your final version.
ehehe .. sorry for the bad english XD ! I have a friend who lives in Philadelpia, I think he can help me with the language problem. Thanks for the input :D

PervertPrince
Regular

#7 Post by PervertPrince »

I wouldn't worry too much about your guys looking like girls. A lot of anime guys look like chicks XD
It's like a must in every anime show, manga or video game for their to be a guy who looks like a girl.

http://www.naruto-wallpapers.us/wallpaper/deidara.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn11 ... eki702.jpg
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#8 Post by RemnantDream »

DEIDARAAA xDD
*ahem*
I actually thought that they were both guys the moment that I looked at them. I guess I'm just used to seeing girlyish anime guys xD Anyway, I really like your art style and the story sounds good. Secretly, I rather like princesses.. >_>

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#9 Post by manga_otaku »

I thought Deidara was a girl and that the translator just had bad english in the manga translations...
*hides in corner*

I'm looking forward to more update on what the game is going to be like ;)
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Riviera »

RemnantDream wrote:DEIDARAAA xDD
*ahem*
I actually thought that they were both guys the moment that I looked at them. I guess I'm just used to seeing girlyish anime guys xD Anyway, I really like your art style and the story sounds good. Secretly, I rather like princesses.. >_>
Honestly, I agree with Remnant. Maybe it's all my anime/manga/japanese-styled art and music and such affecting my brainmeats.

The one on the right could be said to be a girl that's supposed to be a bit boyish, but I at least saw them both and immediately thought guy.

I like princesses too. I played the heck out of Princess Debut. It is my (now not so) secret shame.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

manga_otaku
Veteran

#11 Post by manga_otaku »

Riviera wrote:I like princesses too. I played the heck out of Princess Debut. It is my (now not so) secret shame.
Me too. I'm not afraid to admit that I, a 16 year old, played Princess Debut and loved it.
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#12 Post by SilverxBlue »

manga_otaku wrote:
Riviera wrote:I like princesses too. I played the heck out of Princess Debut. It is my (now not so) secret shame.
Me too. I'm not afraid to admit that I, a 16 year old, played Princess Debut and loved it.
*Raises hands and admits.*
I only played for three routes though, got that green haired guy first then the secret character then that black haired guy who always gets lost. XD

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to this, and I'm also one of the people who actually thought that both of them were guys. XD
PervertPrince wrote:I wouldn't worry too much about your guys looking like girls. A lot of anime guys look like chicks XD
It's like a must in every anime show, manga or video game for their to be a guy who looks like a girl.

http://www.naruto-wallpapers.us/wallpaper/deidara.jpg
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn11 ... eki702.jpg
*Remembers this guy in an instant.*
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

LateWhiteRabbit
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: The Space Between

#13 Post by LateWhiteRabbit »

I immediately thought the one on the left was a boy, but was unsure of the one on the right. He/She could go either way. And yes, anime (or Japan) seems to love making guys that look like girls.
Look out! It's a trap!

And speaking of guilty pleasures I'm a 28 year old man who was an infantry Marine for heaven's sake, and I love the Princess Maker series. Got to balance out all that excessive manliness some how, right? :lol:

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by OtomeWeekend »

to tell you the truth, while i love the manly guys, I pretty much adore the trap and girly guys(especially in Ai ore, who wouldn't love traps and gender benders?)

Damn out of topic, gomenchai.... (;_;)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

manga_otaku
Veteran

Re: [WIP]Marchioness' Teacup [Stat Raising, GxB, GxG]

#15 Post by manga_otaku »

Amachi-kun~!
I couldn't do his route. It didn't seem right.
Projects: