Skylessia: Tale of the Boon

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

Skylessia: Tale of the Boon

#1 Post by Omnificent »

This is the tale of the self in the shadows and the self in the light. This is the tale of love, betrayal, politics and a curse. And this is the tale of the one whose presence changed these very things.

Rating: R16 for violence and language

Genre: Fantasy, drama, crime (some routes), humor, romance

Summary: The marchioness of the province known as Fidona has decided to hold a fete at the end of the month. People from all walks of life are welcome to come and request a single boon of her: money, troops, marriage, anything they can think of, but she will only grant the wish of the one she deems worthiest.

8 people from all across the continent converge on Fidona, each with a different goal: including our protagonist. Will they find love, friendship, or enmity? Power or ruin? Will they dole out justice, or fall to temptation?

Playable Characters:

Image Image
Shilan
Description: A cool beauty with an eyepatch. She seeks the restoration of her ruined homeland.

Torrence
Description: A mercenary searching for his sister. A little bit rough around the edges.

Other characters:

Katarin
"Ahaha, what a glorious view! Yes, this must be the world as the greatest of conquerors imagines it!"
Description: The genteel young marchioness of Fidona who sweeps her subjects away with her magnanimity and hotblooded charm. What lies behind that manic grin?

Sala
"You lookin' at me? 'Cuz fratello, these fists've been dyin' for new meat to tenderize."
Description: The dour proprietress of the seediest tavern in town and unofficial enforcer of street law in the slums. Scratch her back and she'll net you scratch, so long as you don't go asking too many questions.

Al
"I'm Alzabez Kerchaj, retired major of the Val Maean military. Or in layman's terms, a has-been."
Description: A tall, formidable woman with an easygoing wit and a penchant for chess. A former military officer discharged due to injury, she searches for a worthy cause to dedicate her skills to.

Banks
"Heeeeey brooooooooo, I've got the fix. The fix for your miiiiiind questions maaaaaaaan."
Description: A hazy-eyed information dealer, no one knows where he comes from or when he first appeared in Fidona. How anyone can stay that zoned out 24-7 is beyond you.

Ellis
"Hey, I know lots a'things! It's just your stupid Outsider customs trippin' me up!"
Description: A brash young man of the Nineveh, a warrior tribe. His hair-trigger temper, recklessness, and ignorance of other cultures' social graces tend to get him in trouble.

Delton
"If you ever get lost in town, come back to the library. You can't miss it."
Description: A friendly and laid-back librarian with a good eye for references. Plagued by fangirls and haunted by a particularly strong tie to the spiritual world.

Zanzib
"U-um... please do not stare at me! It makes it very hard not to run away when I am selling my wares..."
Description: Behind this brutish exterior is a kind, terminally shy man who loves puppies and flowers. His lack of people skills make his future as a merchant uncertain.

Lark
"Hmm! You're interesting. Wouldn't you like to be my sidekick for the day?"
Description: A cheerfully cavalier girl wandering the continent in search of new and exciting experiences. Easy to befriend, hard to tie down.

Gameplay: This will be a VN with items and stats. Your choice of protagonist determines who you can bond with and in what way.

There are four planned romance routes for each protagonist, three heterosexual and one same-sex, as well as two same-sex friendship routes each. Some are easier to survive than others.
Last edited by Omnificent on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

Re: Skylessia: Tale of the Boon (VN, GxB BxG GxG and BxB)

#2 Post by RemnantDream »

Eyepatch = win.

Al's bandaged arm looks longer than the other to me..

I like the idea. Crime VNs are always fun.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#3 Post by Greeny »

Epic character design for the protagonist.

Anyways, all the characters seem strangely young. For realism purposes, it may be worthwhile to add 3 years to everyone's age.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

Omnificent
Veteran

#4 Post by Omnificent »

RemnantDream: You're the fourth person to say that about Al's arm. I'll see what I can do to fix it up. (EDIT: Fixed a little)

Greeny: Thanks. I wanted to make sure that the protagonist(s) would look cool enough that people would seriously want to play either of them. :D

As for the ages, people in pre-20th century times came into positions of power a lot earlier than they do now. If 16 is considered the age of adulthood then these ages make more sense (Katarin's uncle was meant to rule for her until she came of age).
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#5 Post by Hayzel »

Yay! Finally a game for all X3 Yaoi yaoi yaoi yaoi <3 Can't wait to see what you do :3

Victory

Re: Skylessia: Tale of the Boon

#6 Post by Victory »

is this game out yet ooooooor were do i go to download it?

Omnificent
Veteran

Re: Skylessia: Tale of the Boon

#7 Post by Omnificent »

Oh man, this game isn't even close to being out, as I've been busy working on FA:NG. Rest assured that it's not dead yet, just on hold until my other projects are done.

On the plus side, by the time I come back to this the graphics should be better.