ON-HOLD: Nameless Hero

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

ON-HOLD: Nameless Hero

#1 Post by TsukiShima »

I'm still new in this gaming making (visual novel style) so please be kind to me and correct me. This will change from time to time.

Btw I'll apologize first for my bad grammar.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCENE: In the year 2999, the war between humankind never stop. The people of EARTH has joined forces and stay as one united. Now, they are fighting with the rebellions, by the name SILVER, who made their MARS as they home base. They said the government of EARTH are liars and never care for their needs, especially the homeless and poor. ORIGIN denies, with the people who still stay in EARTH living peacefully as proof. However, SILVER had gathered their strength and now is ready for a fight to the end. ORIGIN must form their formations to protect EARTH and prepare for the greatest world in history.

STORYLINE: Neo joined ORIGIN as he had the potential to become a soldier. Not a demanding person, he keeps himself out from the spotlight and enjoys his life as a soldier and a growing man. But soon, ORIGIN discovered that SILVER has gathered their strongest allies, and now preparing for a war. He must now be serious. But he is just a normal soldier, a piece of pawns in the chess. Yet, there is Adam, the Hero, along with Minori, the mysterious girl from nowhere, and they are the hope of others.
What can Neo do to stop this war?

CHARACTERS:

Male MC (you are able to change his name and personality through out the game)
NEO STAGFIELD(default)
Nickname: Neo
Appearance: Black-brown hair (maybe), light brown skin, slightly muscular, and is fast with his hands.
Info: A normal life, an average IQ, normal grades, a normal soldier. Neo knows that he doesn't have the ability of a great soldier, but the idea of helping others surpass everything. You can change his way of thinking, and actions. Experience the adventure from his view.

Female MC(you are able to change his name and personality through out the game)
ELLISA STAGFIELD(default)
Appearance: Black-brown hair, light brown skin, has a body shape, and fast with her hands.
She is basically almost the same as Neo

Major characters:

TIANA ROSBELL

Nickname: Tiana
Appearance: Possess beautiful dark-red hair always leaning on her shoulder, with deep brown eyes. She takes care of her appearances every time.
Info: A beautiful woman who joined the force to follow her two close. She is pessimistic and usually get caught in the middle, even in the battlefield, and unfortunately, at time of panics, she always makes decision without thinking. She is a knowledgeable about ancient literature and arts, and a suitable person to ask for advice.

LEONARDO DARKMIST

Nickname: Leo, but mostly Leon.
Appearance: His cool looks make the others wants to get close to him, and he is naturally born with blond hair and light, blue eyes. He always have a smirk or a grin on his face, and rarely seen serious.
Info: A man who is seemed focus and out-going, also the best friend of Neo. He is the rope of their friendship, however, he hid a past from those around him. He is much darker than anyone thinks. He possess countless amount of acquaintance, but he shares most of his time with his two closest friends. He likes the idea of others thinking Neo and him are nonidentical twins, but he somewhat dislikes his own name.

FEATURES: -You will be able to choose your gender of choice, naming and determining the personality of your character.
-Branch-decision-path game. You choice of decision determines how the story goes on.
-Date with the character you like! While having those serious mode all the time, you can pick up with whoever you like to spend time with.
-(Most probably) Have different 8 endings. Do you think you can get it all?
-This game is 800x600. It will save up some of your space.

-----------------------------------------

This is a bit, idunno, an early illustration I made.
------------------------------------------

Screenshots of the progress of the game.

ImageImage
Last edited by TsukiShima on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:27 am, edited 10 times in total.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Re: On-Going Project: Nameless Hero

#2 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Awesome.

That's all I can say. C:
Good luck in this!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by TsukiShima »

^Thank you, a little of support is all I need~

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#4 Post by SilverxBlue »

I can't help but notice that the words "EARTH", "SILVER", "MARS" and "ORIGIN" are all-caps. Is it to give emphasis, or is it the acronym of the name of their organization? :3
Anyway, it looks like an interesting project so I'll be watching this. ^^
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by TsukiShima »

^Ah yes, it's actually the name of the organizations. I'm planning on changing the name EARTH and MARS, but I have no idea right now.
Oh, btw thank you!

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by TsukiShima »

-bumps again-

TakeOverWorld
Regular

#7 Post by TakeOverWorld »

The story sounds great ! Hope you get the help you need with it :)

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by TsukiShima »

@Take, thank you! I already got a few, but I'm doing all I can.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#9 Post by Aleema »

With a name like "Darkmist" I fully expect some hot Leo plot twist action.
Will Neo have a personality? Or will he just be "average" in about every way? The title of the game also implies some genericness, but I wonder just how ... wrong that is? He's got a name and history, so he has to be interesting in some way. For instance, his last line in his bio could conflict with his inferiority complex later when he *has* to become a better soldier to help people. I just hope he's not all emo all the time like Shinji from Evangelion. That was painful to watch. xD

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by TsukiShima »

Oh wow, thank you, I hope my design of Leo later on won't destroy your imagination of him right now.
I'm not so sure of how I can describe Neo right now, he is the type of guy, 'when you first look at him, you won't see anything special in him.' But I can say that his average everyday life is the one leading him towards his inner conflict, as because his heart knows he is made for something bigger.
But yeah, he still can craved a smile, lol.

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#11 Post by Crocosquirrel »

Could be a fun little thing. Looking forward to seeing it come together.
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: On-Going Project: Nameless Hero -Opinion please-

#12 Post by TsukiShima »

Might be making some changes, adding a female MC, and some more important characters.
I'm not very sure about the name of the Female MC should be;
-Sapphira
-Ellisa
-Lydia

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#13 Post by HikkiPanda »

since the title is about a nameless hero, maybe it will be better if the guy is facing backwards? So all we can see is his back? maybe he look back a bit so we can see his face a little o:

just a suggestion ^^

Regarding the names, all of them sounds good ^^

Edit: like this pic probably http://images.wikia.com/saintseiya/imag ... ixIkki.jpg

but I prefer if his hair is covering his eyes

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by TsukiShima »

HikkiPanda wrote:since the title is about a nameless hero, maybe it will be better if the guy is facing backwards? So all we can see is his back? maybe he look back a bit so we can see his face a little o:

just a suggestion ^^

Regarding the names, all of them sounds good ^^

Edit: like this pic probably http://images.wikia.com/saintseiya/imag ... ixIkki.jpg

but I prefer if his hair is covering his eyes
Thank you for the suggestion! I definitely keep that in mind for the bg image later on. I'm also thinking if they'll only see his eyes.

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: ON-HOLD: Nameless Hero

#15 Post by TsukiShima »

J.png
J.png (93.1 KiB) Viewed 3851 times
I'm failing to draw sprites properly. I guess while I'm making a progress with this project, I'm also improving my arts. After looking at some few stuff, this is the only old sprites I want to get rid off now. Putting it here in case I want to use it again as reference.
Since my style changed now, I'm trying to redo things again.

Also, you can use this sprite if you want. But please, if it use, credit me, and if possible, inform me, I would like to take a look too. (I doubt it though)
leo failed sprites.rar
4 rejected sprites here.
(853.31 KiB) Downloaded 38 times