Ultimate Yandere Simulator - WIP

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

Ultimate Yandere Simulator - WIP

#1 Post by Der Tor »

Okay, a while back i was posting my idea for a different kind of Horror Visual Novel.
It's been some time and i had been working on an idea ever since. I am not gonna reveal my entire concept again as that would now give away the spoilers and twists. Instead i am going to show you what i have done so far, as i have started with the story and i can now show you the first pre-alpha version. It's still totally unfinished... It's only the prologue to the story and it doesn't have any artwork or music yet.
It's just so that you see that i started with the story :D
And of course i still need help in all departments. So if you have an idea or can contribute something, let me know.
And don't be disappointed if there are no rolling heads yet... i am building up to that :twisted:
The main difference to any other Visual Novel that you will notice right away is that you are you. You are NOT the protagonist, you are not a different character in the game at all. The character you are in the game is precisely you and not some character i made up. Therefore the game doesn't assume ANY choices for your character at all or let you choose within the framework of your character and within the storyline. Instead you make ALL the choices for your character - the game doesn't assume any choices for you and your choices are not dictated by the storyline either, instead your choices dictate the storyline... the game is still a little too short to bring that across but that's the idea and it will become more obvious later on. Also of course nothing is as it seems :D

Also it's not quite true that this is entirely a work of fiction (even though i had to put that disclaimer in for legal reasons)... it's actually all based on, and inspired by my life experiences - and it's a way for me to put things into perspective.

Also as you will see in the game i need a real photo taken with a webcam of the girl... if one of you could provide that, that would be great... any webcam photo of yourself would do - provided you are female and are about her age (teenager).

If you encounter error messages, please post them as a reply.

http://www.no-neets.de/downloads/Yander ... or-all.zip (updated)
Last edited by Der Tor on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Weakjounin
Veteran

Re: Ultimate Yandere Simulator - WIP

#2 Post by Weakjounin »

I was really interested by your description, but alas I run mac, so I could not try your prologue.
Could I offer up my art? I'm not a great artist, but I AM looking to improve and working with others is a sure fire way to push one's limits.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#3 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

I could always ask my little sister once she dolls herself up. She LOVES taking pictures of herself. *not a teen so can't do it* And very interesting. I'm curious as to how we'll be able to make our own choices and how this'll turn out. *stalks*
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Der Tor »

@ Weakjounin:
I have updated the pre-alpha version and also made it an all in one distribution including Mac and Linux.
As for your art offer... i would be very grateful for any artwork.
But i don't need any character drawings... because when i called it a "Simulator" i really meant it.
See... the idea was that i would eventually make this into a Facebook application. From what i understand about Ren'Py and Facebook apps this should be possible because you can make Ren'Py games run on a website and anything that you can run on a website can be run as a Facebook app... or at least that's how i understood it.
But either way - when Miriam starts talking to you, i want the game background to be that of a Facebook site... emulating a Facebook chat. And once the thing actually runs as a Facebook app it will make the atmosphere perfect and should really give you the feeling of chatting with someone on Facebook. Which should increase the tension dramatically as it will make it seem real. My intention is to eventually make the reader feel like he is really talking to Miriam and eventually make him question whether this is really a game or if he is indeed talking to someone... In the end i want the player to feel like he is loosing his mind (just like Miriam is) :lol:

So any "drawings" would have to revolve around making it look like a Facebook chat. And that's also why any pictures of Miriam need to be actual photos - as i want to make it look like somebody just send them to the reader over Facebook.

@Sunlit-Dreamer: Explain the concept to her and tell her to give it a shot... or two 8) For now a normal webcam photo will do fine... later on a photo where she acts crazy and plays with a knife or or an axe or an electric shocker or something like that would be great too as a promotional photo :lol:
Last edited by Der Tor on Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly

#5 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

I showed her the thread and read everything to her. She agreed, she's just upset it has to be by webcam. But we'll make it work. And what's funny is that when I read the "promo" part, she stated a time she went crazy trying to open something for our little brother. Now the question is how will we send the photos to you once they're taken.
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Der Tor »

Well... it doesn't HAVE to be webcam. It's not like there is a rule saying that. It just has to look like a casual photo somebody would send over the internet or post on Facebook. That's the only reason why i suggested a webcam.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#7 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

That won't be a problem. XD She tends to take one of the cameras to take pictures of herself a LOT. I'll post or edit this one when we've taken a few casual pictures. (And maybe the promo one if we're lucky enough)

Edit: Okay. Took a few pictures, we had a lil fun. And I'll say now the cotton is from my sister's bag for plushes she makes. And our dog Storm had already torn up the bear. Just let me know if you want any more. And sorry for spamming with pictures. XD

Edit again: For those who are now reading this thread I took down the pictures since they were saved as Der Tor states below. So no spoilers for you. XP
Last edited by Sunlit-Dreamer on Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Der Tor »

LOL... One can tell you had fun taking the photos (-: Some are not serious enough... the problem is that... your sister is really cute... in fact she is too cute and smiles too much... she just doesn't scare me :mrgreen:
And of course i have written Miriam to be German - but that's not a problem... i could change that... but your sister is just too cute to be scary... (-:
Could you try some more serious photos? No smiling... no goofing around... :D

Also there is a second scene (and there might be more later on) in which a photo would be good too.
One could just use the knife photo you already did - if she just would stop smiling and stop goofing around and stop being cute and try to be serious and scary :lol:

Try to think of something that scares you... or something that makes you depressed or mad or embarrassed :wink:

Here is the second photo part in the story:

Code: Select all

label chapter2:
    nvl clear
    "well... this is a GREAT plan... "
    "I am so exited!"
    "i will start implementing it imedeatly..."
    "Meaning i won't start going to school!"
    "I will stay home..."
    "not go outside,"
    "and watch Animes instead."
    nvl clear
    "well... {w=1} gotta go off now..."
    "The life action version of Shinigami No Ballad is showing on TV!"
    nvl clear
    hide text
    with dissolve
    scene black
    with Pause(2.0)
    "I am back!"
    "Look! {w=1} I dressed up as a shinigami!"
    "I didn't have a sickle.."
    "so i used a knife instead"
    nvl clear
    "oh... that's right... you can't see it..."
    "I have to send you a photo so that you can see..."
    "just wait here..."
    "well you can't go anywhere anyway LOL"
    "I'll be off making a photo... brb"
    nvl clear
    hide text
    with dissolve
    scene black
    with Pause(2.0)
    "[shows photo of herself acting crazy with a knife like a Yandere (-;]"
    "Well... {w=1} What do you think?"
    "Aren't i cute?"
    nvl clear
    "Anyway... let's get back to our problem with Nicole..."
    "i just thought of something..."
    "If i continue ignoring her by not going to school..."
    "Maybe she will get upset..."  
Last edited by Der Tor on Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#9 Post by Anna »

@Sunlit-Dreamer:
Aaahh I don't want to be a spoilsport for neither you nor Der Tor, and it's nice to see people having fun while contributing to a project ;), but please be careful with pictures you put online (especially for a yandere app on facebook) - who knows who might see them in the future and what conclusions they may draw. Be careful and think it through ^^.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Der Tor »

Well... (sadly) as it is now, the only conclusion that they may draw is that she is a cute girl goofing around :D
Maybe i should consider using old black and white public domain photos... that would certainly contribute to the mood and there wouldn't be any problem with what "conclusions" people draw either... the only problem about that approach would be that it would be kinda hard to find images whose copyright has expired and in which there is a girl sitting in front of her computer or using her I-phone :roll:

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#11 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

First to reply to Anna~

Yeah, I know people can misinterpret what she's doing. So we did at least get permission from our mom and her dad to take pictures of her with a knife since she is a minor. I would've sent the pictures in other ways instead of here, but I don't trust megaupload in case someone randomly found it. And I couldn't figure out the other way Der Tor told me. @@

XD I'm pretty sure when I read this to her once she gets home she'll have a grin on her face for being called cute. But yeah she does have her scary side. She just doesn't like showing it. Okay which pictures do you not need so I can remove them? (And I'll admit with the knife scenes I told her to smile a couple times to see if it would make her look more creepy. So much for that effect. XD)

I'll try to get her to make the face of when she's pissed at our little brother. That should be perfect with the knife scene. Question want bear included with the stuffing or no? (Or any other suggestions so it would flow more smoothly for your story? We do have other outfits she could change into)
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Der Tor »

well... since i already saved them, you can remove them now if you want to. But it would be good if you could try to redo them one more time and be a bit more sad and depressed (strange request i know :- )
Last edited by Der Tor on Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#13 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

All right. I'm gonna remove them now. And sure, I'll get her to do that. Without the knife and with it. (And maybe something else if there is anything else, I think I saw a crowbar in the garage a few months ago. Not really sure though)

And looking at the pictures again, I just realized the bear she "stabbed" is behind her in pics 1-6. XDDD
ImageImageImageImage

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Der Tor »

PS: I leave the bear thing up for you two to decide... as for outfits... well... i already pasted in the scene in which she basically tries to cosplay as a shinigami... but i also wrote it so that it would work if she is just holding a knife. But i could rewrite it so that it better fits to whatever outfits and accessories you two might have.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#15 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

We'll try to find something for the shinigami part. Maybe use one of her hoodies and have her wear her black shirt and pants. We'll think of something to make it work.
ImageImageImageImage