Circo della Sera (GxB and GxG)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

Circo della Sera (GxB and GxG)

#1 Post by Tag- »

After months of research and preparation, we are finally ready to present to you:

You play as Valory (name changeable), a budding trapeze artist (flier) who was recently admitted to work for a travelling Italian circus. Circo della Sera is an event-based, otome game focusing on the main character's new life in the circus as she works her way towards her first big performance. Along the way, she gets to know the other performers, as well as discovers the hardships that lie behind the romanticised image of the circus. With no significant storyline, this is a character-based game, concentrating mainly on the interactions the characters have with each other.

And henceforth are the character sketches. (The actual sprites will look much, much nicer, I promise. :'D)

Valory (name changeable):
Height: 162cm
A young flier who aspires to perform in a circus. She gets her chance when she is accepted into the "Circo della Sera".
(Valory's personality will differ noticeably depending on which route you choose to take, but not so much that it becomes unrealistic or drastic.)

Eric:
Height: 185cm
The circus ringmaster, this stoic young man also oversees and runs the entire circus after the passing of his father. His seemingly cold nature is laced with a mature charisma as well as a strange and obscure, almost childlike, taste in decoration. He prefers to speak through his actions, and consequently may sometimes be misunderstood. Eric's cold stare tends to scare many people, however, he does not realise the full extent of his intimidation.

Keith:
Height: 178cm
Keith is the youthful magician of the circus and its biggest flirt. Using his good looks and tricks to impress, he is very popular with the female population. Always affable and debonair, he is a sweet-talker to almost every woman he meets... with the notable exception of Valory. Being Valory's childhood friend, he sees and treats her as his little sister. Because of their close relationship, Valory is the only one who can truly get under his skin and see the easily-flustered person underneath the cool, confident exterior.

Ivory:
Height: 170cm
A family friend of Eric's, this energetic, mixed-raced girl serves as his confidant and sibling, as well as the circus crew's unofficial mother. Her family has had a long history in the circus, and she is eager to uphold this tradition. Though Ivory is usually very motherly and upbeat, her temper is short and she flies off the handle when someone is careless towards their health (though she neglects her own just as often). She follows her instincts more often than not, and they tell her that Levi is dangerous.
Ivory is Valory's fellow flier for their upcoming performance.

Levi:
Height: 160cm
Perpetually smiling and forever acting the child, Levi is the circus' vivacious knife-thrower. Generally well-liked by almost all he meets, his cheerful, charming attitude masks the cold, manipulative side hidden underneath. Playful to all, and teasing to the few he likes, Levi is a social butterfly with a malicious streak. His sneering, patronising side rarely appears, and only with close company, but is quickly covered up as a joke. He is Keith's friendly enemy, Alice's object of worship, and Ivory's greatest fear.

Genevieve:
Height: 170cm
Eric's graceful and prominent retired mother, Genevieve travels the world at her leisure, stopping by to check on her son and the circus' workers occasionally. It so happens that this time, her vacation has been close to the circus' site, and so she has taken it upon herself to supervise.
Genevieve is quite strict and by-the-book, but never loses her temper and aims to educate in a prim and proper manner. She has a soft spot for young children, and so took a liking to Valory, Nathaniel, Levi, and Alice despite the latter's vices.

Alice:
Height: 158cm
Childlike in thoughts, behaviour and looks, Alice is Levi's partner, working as his target girl. Accustomed to being spoiled and getting what she wants, her attitude tends to come off as snobbish and pretentious. She feels that the only two people she needs are Blair, and most of all Levi, whom she is sweet and devoted to. She has picked up a bit of Levi's manipulative charm, but rarely uses it because she doesn't care for anyone else's favour. Nathaniel and her do not get along well, and bicker on sight.

Blair:
Height: 168cm
Carefree, a little spacey and friendly with almost everyone she meets, Blair is both Keith's assistant and the person Valory shares a trailer with. Friends with literally everyone in the circus, she is extremely affectionate to people of both genders, with little idea of personal space. She enjoys helping people, and so is Valory's main guide through circus life. Forgiving and highly persistent, these are the traits that helped her eventually gain Alice's friendship. Her warm personality makes her popular with the younger circus children.

Nathaniel (Nathan):
Height: 150cm
Ivory's grumpy younger brother, Nathaniel aspires to follow in his sister's footsteps to become a flier. He is usually very serious and straight-laced, so may appear to be a bit of a wet blanket. His sister enjoys teasing him immensely due to his feminine looks (but certainly not in personality), but he simply cannot bring himself to talk back to her out of a mixture of politeness and affection. Nathaniel is usually the one to call out his sister on her hypocrisy, and pull her back into line. He dislikes Alice and attempts to avoid her.
Nathaniel's highly stylised clothing was obtained during a recent trip to Japan before the circus auditions started.

-------------------------
Staff:
Sprites, CGs and background: Tag-
Programming and interface: Schizanthe
Writing: Tag- and Schizanthe
Design: Tag- and Schizanthe
Music: Schizanthe
(Two-person team dear lord)

Planned CG count: Over 40 (Kill me now please OTL)

Endings: 12 in total
-one good and bad ending for each character
-one neutral bad ending
-one neutral ending
-one neutral good ending
-one secret ending

--------------------------

Phew, now that that's over, I can ramble 8D
This project was planned by Schizanthe and I, and we've researched thoroughly for this for a good 4 months. (It was fun going to an actual circus, and the behind the scenes footage we found was gold too <: )

Just a warning to everyone, progress on this will be extremely slow, as both Schi and I are entering our senior year in 2012, so I hope you'll be patient :D I also won't be updating every little milestone, so even when it appears as if this project is dead, I assure you, neither of us have any intention of giving it up~

Since this is our first game (and neither of us are fantastic writers) we will be focusing more on character interaction rather than a solid plot line.

Er, if for some reason Google translate has failed us, please feel free to correct us on our gratuitous Italian :'D

--------------------------

Schi and I would like to know your thoughts so far~
Favourite character based on looks/personality?
Initial thoughts about the game?
Questions/Suggestions?
Last edited by Tag- on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 17 times in total.
PM me if needed

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

Re: Circo della Sera (GxB and GxG)

#2 Post by SilverxBlue »

Ohhh. I'll definitely start stalking this!
It's quite a unique setting for a VN and I'm actually looking forward to what you'll do with it! ^_^

As for favorite character, I'm already keeping my eye on Eric. I just love it when guys have really cold stares. XD

Heck yeah! First post! :)
Forgot to say good luck. Oopsie! ^_^;;
Last edited by SilverxBlue on Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#3 Post by teacup »

Whoa~ this looks really, really cool! Your artwork looks so nice >u<
I like Eric, and Levi's looks are really adorable, but personality wise, Keith is my type. ;u; <3
So I like all the guys, it seems XD;
I actually like the simple character games so I'm okay with the fact that there's no real story. It's set in a circus so there should be plenty of fun events.
Also I think it's really cool that you actually researched the subject! ^^ Good luck!!

poppyrocks
Regular
Projects: ~FairyTale: The Wander's Test~,~ Boyguard ~

#4 Post by poppyrocks »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTIFUL DRAWINGS!!

aww levi looks like a sweet heart!!

STALKING TIME XD

MonoPiero
Regular

#5 Post by MonoPiero »

Lol nice art. Now I feel like making a VN too ;w;. But its impossible. Cos if I'm gonna make one it'll turn out to be BxB or shonen ai =_= *punches self* My OCs are all like that (maybe)

Deji
Cheer Idol; Not Great at Secret Identities
Projects: http://bit.ly/2lieZsA
Organization: Sakevisual, Apple Cider, Mystery Parfait
Tumblr: DejiNyucu
Deviantart: DejiNyucu

#6 Post by Deji »

This looks really interesting! :OOOO And I really like the characters so far!

Good luck working on it! ^__^
Tumblr | Twitter
Forever busy :')
When drawing something, anything, USE REFERENCES!! Use your Google-fu!
Don't trust your memory, and don't blindly trust what others teach you either.
Research, observation, analysis, experimentation and practice are the key! (:

therealrose
Regular

#7 Post by therealrose »

Oh this is going to be so good! I'm going to be watching this topic like I'm watching some old in the kitchen making me chocolate chip cookies (Not sure if that really makes sense...).

ShirakiHime
Regular
Projects: Mermaid Revelation (GxB otome)

#8 Post by ShirakiHime »

Levi looks so cuuuuuuuuuuuute

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#9 Post by cosmo »

nice setting! skip the senior year!
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#10 Post by Fawn »

Mmm I love me a man in a tophat...

Looks great :) The costume designs are wonderful. Also the story is definitely unique and sounds super fun!

Arcanum
Veteran

#11 Post by Arcanum »

I love the circus thematic <3 How cool is that you've done research, too! I like the art and expect to enjoy this when it comes out *stalks*!

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Riviera »

Art is amazing, I like the idea of a circus otome!

For some reason when I first saw Eric I thought he looked like Blood Dupre from Heart no Kuni no Alice, then I looked again and it didn't look like him at all. o.O

Oh, Levi. I hope you don't turn out to be a yandere, because I really want to like you but I hate yanderes with a fiery passion. I keep feeling like the game is playing a big trick on me because I love funny and cheerful types so much and then the character turns into a complete asshat and I just want to kick them into a busy street at rush hour. XDDDD

Even ones that don't end up stabbing you and leaving you in a bag somewhere.

If anyone here has played Solmare's games, characters like Momoki or Toki. Or if you've played Ijiwaru My Master, like that red headed boy.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#13 Post by Tag- »

Oh goodness, so many replies :'D.
SilverxBlue wrote:Ohhh. I'll definitely start stalking this!
It's quite a unique setting for a VN and I'm actually looking forward to what you'll do with it! ^_^

As for favorite character, I'm already keeping my eye on Eric. I just love it when guys have really cold stares. XD

Heck yeah! First post! :)
Forgot to say good luck. Oopsie! ^_^;;
Thank you! Hopefully we'll live up to expectations :D
teacup wrote:Whoa~ this looks really, really cool! Your artwork looks so nice >u<
I like Eric, and Levi's looks are really adorable, but personality wise, Keith is my type. ;u; <3
So I like all the guys, it seems XD;
I actually like the simple character games so I'm okay with the fact that there's no real story. It's set in a circus so there should be plenty of fun events.
Also I think it's really cool that you actually researched the subject! ^^ Good luck!!
T-Thank you~ We're planning to make it reflect actual circus life as closely as possible xD
It's the first time someone's actually liked all three guys, haha xD
poppyrocks wrote:BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTIFUL DRAWINGS!!

aww levi looks like a sweet heart!!

STALKING TIME XD
Thank you~
Ahaha.....If you think Levi's a sweetheart I'm afraid you'll be in for a bit of a nasty shock.....
MonoPiero wrote:Lol nice art. Now I feel like making a VN too ;w;. But its impossible. Cos if I'm gonna make one it'll turn out to be BxB or shonen ai =_= *punches self* My OCs are all like that (maybe)
Thanks~ I think you should go for it anyway, nothing wrong with bxb. In fact, there are more than a few WIPs for bxb games here :D
Deji wrote:This looks really interesting! :OOOO And I really like the characters so far!
Thank you~ We'll do our best to live up to expectations :'D
therealrose wrote:Oh this is going to be so good! I'm going to be watching this topic like I'm watching some old in the kitchen making me chocolate chip cookies (Not sure if that really makes sense...).
Good luck working on it! ^__^[/quote]
Hehe, that sort of half made sense I guess...? Thank you for your support~ :3
ShirakiHime wrote:Levi looks so cuuuuuuuuuuuute
Just....don't be fooled by his cuteness, is all I can say :'D
cosmo wrote:nice setting! skip the senior year!
Thanks~ Hahaha.....If only we could :'D
Fawn wrote:Mmm I love me a man in a tophat...

Looks great :) The costume designs are wonderful. Also the story is definitely unique and sounds super fun!
Thanks~ Schizanthe designed the more elaborate costumes, so credit to her there 8D I myself think they look stunning~
Arcanum wrote:I love the circus thematic <3 How cool is that you've done research, too! I like the art and expect to enjoy this when it comes out *stalks*!
Thank you~ Yeah, we're both pretty nit picky about covering any plot holes and accuracy of setting (hence why we didn't choose a fantasy setting, that would've taken forever to plan! xD), so research was a must! It was extremely fun though :D
Riviera wrote:Art is amazing, I like the idea of a circus otome!

For some reason when I first saw Eric I thought he looked like Blood Dupre from Heart no Kuni no Alice, then I looked again and it didn't look like him at all. o.O

Oh, Levi. I hope you don't turn out to be a yandere, because I really want to like you but I hate yanderes with a fiery passion. I keep feeling like the game is playing a big trick on me because I love funny and cheerful types so much and then the character turns into a complete asshat and I just want to kick them into a busy street at rush hour. XDDDD

Even ones that don't end up stabbing you and leaving you in a bag somewhere.

If anyone here has played Solmare's games, characters like Momoki or Toki. Or if you've played Ijiwaru My Master, like that red headed boy.
T-Thank you, even those sketches took some time :'D
Haha, I didn't base his looks on Blood at all (I'm actually not very fond of the guy) but I can see where you came from xD (Perhaps it's his eyes?)

As for Levi...
What I will say for now is that that side of him is definitely meant to be hated. Schizanthe's writing Levi's paths, and uh, I think she enjoys it when she gives people a fright? We've taken into account that Levi will definitely be hated by some though, and that's fine xD
He....might not be your average yandare though... :D
PM me if needed

Snow Blossom
Veteran

Re: Circo della Sera (GxB and GxG) - Non Commercial

#14 Post by Snow Blossom »

Goodness these character and costume designs are wonderful! I see you guys are taking on quite a unique theme as well. Looking forward to seeing how this game develops!

*tackles Levi*

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Re: Circo della Sera (GxB and GxG) - Non Commercial

#15 Post by Camille »

Ooh this looks awesome! I love circus settings and the heroine is so cute and pretty. All of the obtainables look interesting... I can't pick a favorite at all! /)_(\ (I absolutely love their clothes) This kinda reminds me of Kaleido Star, haha. It's great! *_* I'm excited to see this develop some more.