Evergreen Valley Demo

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Evergreen Valley Demo

#46 Post by DaFool »

[Insert long-winded essay spiel both encouraging, rationalizing, etc etc the recent turn of events]

Well, let's make do with what we have, shall we? Do you have at least an updated work in progress which you can submit (I am pretty sure Bishojo Games will pick it up, though I haven't seen Enerccio around recently).
edit: Well, there he is!

At the very, very least, someone can expand the Blade Engine sprites and other temporary resources you used to at least have a working visual novel. It's the writing that counts, after all.

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#47 Post by Enerccio »

I would gladly do it, but Drake seems to be against it.... :|
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#48 Post by DaFool »

What if you just take care of the plot and I'll do the Enerccio -> DrakeNavarone writing style conversion, again?

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#49 Post by DrakeNavarone »

I appreciate the sentiments behind this revival effort, but this time I'm not gonna endorse it like I did with Araiah. EV was supposed to be a story written by my hands, and since my hands no longer feel like writing it, it'll be left unwritten, unfortunately. I apologize for my selfishness, but I'm not gonna curb it. EV means a lot to me, both dead and alive. It was a lot tougher to kill EV than it was Araiah. This announcement is really just the realization of what's been culminating for the past few months that just happened to peak today. I might still do something with it though. Maybe a complete rewrite that'll go a different direction, maybe I'll use these characters in a completely unrelated story, maybe I'll do something (though not anytime soon, for sure). But I'm not gonna do this story, and I don't want anyone else to. I won't stop any "unauthorized" versions, but I won't be sharing what I have. Sorry.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

Mr. E
Regular

#50 Post by Mr. E »

That is truly sad news... :( You did mention that in the last PM but... Oh well. I was one of the people cheering this project, even if I never posted anything here, and I believe ther must be many more on the forum feeling what I feel.
But I understand what you're going through. I've already scrapped projects (twice, and was on the verge of doing so with a third) and I know how, sometimes, it just won't go. When you stare at the screen and realize that all you've written in the last hour were a few phrases and they aren't even any good... When you realize that you haven't worked as hard as you'd hoped and that there is so much to do... And you know, deep inside of you, that you won't get them finished.
It's not a good thing to go through. So I understand and support your decision. It's not an easy one, but you felt that it had to be done. I'll just give you one advice. Please keep everything that you have done for the project nice and safe. Don't delete anything and don't say "It's done. I'll never work on it again." Believe me... You never know. Maybe you'll never touch it again. Maybe you'll, one day, look at it again and regain some of that spark you had when you wrote the first words. Maybe one day you'll end up making something useful out of it, albeit in a different way from the originally intended. But don't burn all your bridges. Feel free to start something new, concentrate more on other matters, or whatever is your wish, but keep it safe.
Heck... I think I still have my first project around here... The last time I looked at it I laughed a little, remembered all the time I spent with it and how I drew 20 CGs, only to scrap it all in the end... ( but the art was really bad, so I guess that's not such a good thing :P ) But I saw that it was important for me, and maybe I'll even finish it... One day. Who knows? :wink:
So... Good luck in your future endeavors, whatever they may be, and don't let that get to you. Sometimes we fall while we're walking, but it's better than not falling because... umm... the second time you fall it will be even worse... Erm... Wait, I think I have confused the stories... :? ( I forgot... what the hell was the end of that feel-good inspiring metaphor anyway...? :| )

terrydy
Regular

#51 Post by terrydy »

Lol, I like the dialogues. ^_^