[Mystery VN | WIP] Withering Blossoms

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

[Mystery VN | WIP] Withering Blossoms

#1 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

"From the lies I piled up, between them you can sometimes see the pain."

This thread contains Soul and Heart spoilers. Steer clear if you don't want to be spoiled.

After Sirius and Cetus' rise to the military, Cetus was rather uncomfortable with the new environment. The respect, the people around her, and the atmosphere. She was rather happy, yet then, remembering the death of her husband, she had wanted to know what had happened years ago that was erased by the drug. There were bits of them in her mind, yet it can't form a picture. And she realizes that she need someone to do the memory hunting for her, and it was someone that she had been distant the past few weeks.

And that's Sirius, her friend which she'd been distant so far.

Getting their criminal record clean means getting all the pain away. And so as Sirius' genetic condition returns to so-called normal, Cetus was given a choice to be a man if she had wanted to, as a tribute to her husband. But as she decides, the military organization that leads the nation crumbles, along with the Change that the two former convicts brought up. Slowly, the leaders disappeared, and crime rate in the nation increased to uncontrollable levels. And when Sirius was attacked by a mysterious condition, Cetus decides that everything falls in her hands or she'll lose her grasp to both the nation and her friend's life.

Characters
[I apologize if the images are crappy sketches only... I drew them in the back of my Arts sketchbook... XD]

Cetus Blackstar
"Was what I did enough? Or was everything wrong like before?"
The protagonist. She is rather harsh and unruly for her high position. Sirius is her best friend, but so far, ever since they got into position, they haven't been talking to each other. She likes to be referred as a male, although she's still confused with what she's supposed to be...

Sirius Ayrio
"What is being an adviser for when I can't even give myself advice?"
Cetus' friend that she met in the prison when they were still convicts. After a regretful experience, she seemed to have been a very kind person with a sarcastic streak. People in the military take her lightly due to her calm demeanor, but behind that smile, something is still amiss...

Daena Hartknight
"Right now, you can rant all you like, but make sure you are listening."
The 5-star general. She has a rather happy-go lucky attitude, trying to make things as light as possible so as to avoid panicking and arguing. There isn't much about her, since even though Cetus and Sirius got her trust, only a portion of her true personality is revealed. It's still a mystery though, why people trust her so much...

Yuna Hoshizora
"There you are. Shall we begin?"
The National Secretary (a special position that Daena made aside from Sirius' position), the daughter of another former general that was under Daena's father before the Change. She and Sirius have an obvious physical resemblance, to the point they were once thought to be related. She's rather quiet and shy, yet as Daena describes her, she's much more stealthy than anyone in the military.

Pascual Silverwind
"No comment, I'm just happy with it."
The 3-star general. Because Cetus and Pascual are always working together, he had become one of Cetus' closest friends aside from Sirius. He was rather interested in the fact Cetus is genderless. He was rather a man of few words, yet he also gets talkative at times.

Maria dela Cruz
"Uhm, change is like getting candies from a jar, you had to take one at a time to make it out successfully."
The 2nd lieutenant that's so clumsy and shy that anyone that will see her will rather wonder why she got such a high position. But even though she's rather childish, she had been an important addition along with the change, as she had been once from a poor clan that had experienced every bad thing the government has to offer before the Change.

John Calypso
"Don't carry my last name like it's trash, it's still a name."
The sergeant that replaced Milice after she made that "mad march" out of the new government, making way for the Change. Because Milice is usually referred to as Calypso, John had acquired a rather foul reputation because of just the last name. Because of that, ever since he got the position, he became both an angel and a demon, making both the worst and the best decisions for the government in such a low position.

Ursa Lujing
"Don't act smarter than me! You're the one who needs teaching!"
The rather "specific" captain, as many calls for her perfect record in the military, Ursa is a veteran for the last few wars the nation has went through. The similarity of her name to the name of Sirius' stuffed toy when she was little quite irks her, as in reality, she doesn't really believe in dreams nor in Sirius' past. But as she was loyal to Daena's father, she chose to stick with it than complain.

[Believe me, there are more characters to come. And yes, more males.]
[The screenshots and other things... later. This is just here to make sure that I'll be making this. :>]

Withering Blossoms will surely answer every single open question Soul and Heart has. :D
Last edited by Lumen_Astrum on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [Mystery VN | WIP] Withering Blossoms

#2 Post by 15385bic »

Another one already OoO!
and the sprites look cuter too X)
hmm - i do like stories that link up =D

good luck

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#3 Post by Tag- »

Y-yayyyy, we get to see the sequel!

Can't wait to see how this plays out, and glad to hear that Cetus is the protagonist this time too o3o
PM me if needed

tigersmurf
Regular
Projects: From Innocence

#4 Post by tigersmurf »

Everything about this looks promising, but the "too-mean-for-a-woman" stigma you attached to one of your characters is rather sexist and lessens the overall appeal for me. It implies that you think that all women should have a certain nature, and that being mean conflicts with that.

Anyway, the art looks really nice :)

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by try10 »

The art is soo cute! :D

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#6 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Thanks you all~
@tigersmurf: I edited it, thank you for pointing it out :)

Just finished a draft for a possible demo next year, and also finished planning endings and stuff. This will have 14 endings (5 friendship paths having each a good and a bad ending, a true ending, a worst ending, and 2 lolendings).

The ones that will have friendship paths are Sirius, Yuna, Pascual, Maria and Daena. Can't make paths for all of them XD
Each has a hidden secret they won't tell anyone, and in some parts you'll help dig and find the truth instead.
Yuna's will have a lot of this thing, since she's just filled with doubts, which she'll tell you when you make Cetus and Yuna to get along, because in the beginning, Cetus will get weirded out with her.
Yeah.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#7 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

And and and: http://lumen-astrum.tumblr.com/post/140 ... itial-plan :D
Some spoilers. You've been warned. :3

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#8 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Triple-poooooost.
A WIP of Cetus' sprite (in casual outfit), to prove this thread isn't for display:
She looks rather bishie. XDDD
And no, his hair isn't green with brown tips. That's just the way I color. XD

Rin
Regular
Projects: Kaguya-hime, La Cage, Puella Magi Ibuki Magica, The Product of Poison
Organization: Kaguya-hime developer, TwinTurtle, Polymorphic

#9 Post by Rin »

*A* So adorable <3333
And this is the successor of S&H? xDDD Gud luck! I'll keep track on this :p I do love your cutie sprites <33

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#10 Post by 9:19 »

The art is sweet, but I've got a question: how old are the characters? I read the MC had a husband, but she looks like an 8th grader. Is that just a stylistic thing?

Either way, I'm following this XD

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#11 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

@9:19 Uhm, since it's a futuristic dystopian environment, of course people age slower that they are supposed to be :3
Thank you, anyway! :D

@Rin: Thanks!

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#12 Post by 9:19 »

Oh, okay! That's a little different from dystopias I'm used to, but thanks for clearing things up.

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#13 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Er... is it me or have Daena and Cetus switched last names? Daena was called General Blackstar in S&H if I remember correctly... :|

Anyways, everything's looking good so far! I'm glad that this time it'll be a VN :D Now allow me to shrink back into the shadows and stalk watch you... Mwahahaha
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#14 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Last names determine positions. It's mentioned in S&H. And since Cetus is in Daena's last position, she took on Blackstar :3
Cetus doesn't have a last name in S&H

Thank you so much! :D Glad you like XD

Anyway, I got some typing a while ago, but I can't post a teaser, since I was working on my dad's laptop to avoid distractions, bahaha. But the least I can tell is that it isn't a flashback like in S&H but it's
Milice's last entry to a diary she left behind when she left.
Will post (mock) screenshots later ^o^