Tonight [GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [Otome, WIP] Tonight - now with POLL and BLOG! :D

#106 Post by lepapillonrouge »

Dang. It's been a while since I've posted on the WIP board.

How the heck do you do that with a mouse?! It's amazing!

Not only that, the characters are interesting too. Count me as a fan.
deviantART
---------------------

9:19
Veteran
Projects: Green Eyed Monster [complete]

#107 Post by 9:19 »

@lepapillonrouge: Nice to have you on board! When I started this thread, I never expected so many questions about mice. I'm pretty sure it's 99.9% rhetoricalol, but it's come up often enough for me to consider a quick tell-all on the development blog. That will be posted near the end of February, after midterms.

And while we're on the topic of February, Happy Valentine's Day everyone! (Too soon?)

Veteran

#108 Post by 9:19 »

Okay, so there's still the matter of font and the icon in the upper left, but slow and steady wins the race, right? Right? WrongI'mjustanewb>_>

Hey, at least it matches the logo now.

One last thing: I have a ginormous apology to make. I accidentally erased the data for the reactions widget while I was trying customize Tonight's blog toldyouI'manewb. I'm sorry to the people who gave input! It wasn't on purpose but what a douche move OTL. I'm going to apologize in advance on the off-chance I do something stupid again. Sorry guys!

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#109 Post by CheeryMoya »

Pretty textbox is pretty C: I like all the flowers and stuff, but that space between the name and the rest of the top is like lolemptyspace. IDK if it'd look better or worse if you continued that pattern for the whole thing. Still, looks good the way it is right now.

Also yay logo!

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#110 Post by clua »

I like how your lines are very precise..they go straight and wooby where its needed!
Maybe its because is drawn with mouse and all the facts that are needed to draw with it

anyway amazing skills! I cant wait to play it :D!
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store

Veteran

#111 Post by 9:19 »

@CheeryMoya: I saved the space for times in the demo when CGs will have text overlay. It's not very noticeable in the screenshot, but the frame is actually opaque and takes out tiny chunks of CG. The roomy area in the middle lets the picture flow. That's the theory, anyway. :lol:

Putting that aside, is the white text readable? I tested the worst case scenario with the screenshot: light text on light text box on light background (In case of what? Dakimakura? XD). I think it turned out alright. Then again, I'm not the one playing the game so I can't exactly say. Also, there are 2 save buttons. What.

@clua: Thank you very much! I guess you could say today's goody is specially tailored to suit your tastes, then-it's chock-full of lines! 8)

I checked the character poll. Remember what I said about poll results and updates? Yep. Pajamas for Mr. Popular. Congratulations Yao, you're in the lead!
But wait, the poll is still open! There's chance for a turnabout yet!
Hurry and get your 2 cents in, folks!

I know what you're thinking: Yao is wearing the same shirt, why is it making different faces? The truth is...it's alive.
I kid. It's a mood shirt. I had fun drawing the memes. (> u<)

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#112 Post by CheeryMoya »

@_@

My reaction is described by Yao's last shirt.

... Ish perfect :D

On a more serious note, yeah, I can see why the textbox is like that. And the white font is readable and won't cause any eyestrain (for me, meh). BTW, the two save buttons are for "Quick Save" and regular "Save." I... have never used the quick save option :/ You can manually take it out if it bothers you, but some players might use it.

Veteran

#113 Post by 9:19 »

I was THIS close to Ctrl+S when my house turned into a cave. I hate blackouts. 

Casualties: 3 CGs, 2 pages of script, Yao's sister and my toe. C'est la vie. I'm working hard to get back on track so I can update again. Stay in tune!

@CheeryMoya: Σ(゜д゜;) Since when did "Save" become not quick enough?

ΣΣ(゜д゜;) Turtles, revamps, and Valentine's Day on the TwinTurtle blog! I'm behind! Time to catch up on my readings. I can't wait to see the finished sprites, Reikun's notes look promising!

Veteran

#114 Post by 9:19 »

Huzzah! Despite setbacks, I've made it in time for the February post! Yao's sister is still MIA, but I did manage to pull together a quick blog entry showing how I draw. What's more, there's good news at the end! :D

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#115 Post by Tag- »

Damn man, blackouts are the worst D:
So glad to see you've managed to keep yourself on track though :D Best of luck for finishing the rest of the lost work too.
PM me if needed

Veteran

#116 Post by 9:19 »

To CG, or not to CG, that is the question.

Next up: Yao's sister, a lint report, and Zhu's special talent.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#117 Post by CheeryMoya »

^Oh man, that's hawt *_* Lines look good so far, and coloring is bound to make it look even better :3

BTW, your method of coloring is so intense, that I don't think anyone but you could utilize it to make such beautiful CGs (and no, I'm not exaggerating; the CG of Wu Long looks top-notch). 加油!加油!I believe in you!

Veteran

#118 Post by 9:19 »

I completely forgot I had these! They're reject designs for unlockable menus.

I'll either go the whole 9 yards and put them under extras, or send them off to the Recycle Bin. It depends on how much crap collects in my folder by the time I'm done. I'm not short on material for extras since I'm a scatterbrain. Sometimes a file starts as a .png and crosses the finish line as a .wmv. God forbid there be any music in Tonight. I might make an OP XD

3 more scenes until I finish the script for the demo! This would've happened ages ago had I written everything in chronological order (☜ Ineptitude!). Right now I'm approaching the 30% mark with every path, though I haven't gotten around to coding it all. I'll be looking for proofreaders once the demo script is complete. If you're interested, please let me know! Especially CheeryMoya, who kindly volunteered a while back. I'd love to take you up on that offer if it still stands! I'll be sure to credit y'all in the shout-outs.

Among other things, I've decided on a font.

The background is a stand-in. I haven't started on the carriage yet <(^_^; )

Righteo then, enough intermission. The next update will feature what I promised, plus some unsolicited fangirling over TWCC, Circo della Sera and Shugojin. Guard your men carefully.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#119 Post by CheeryMoya »

*Imploding and exploding simultaneously*
Reject CGs are lolwut because I can't think of any context in which they'd make sense in Tonight, but the lineart is already cleaned up, so it'd be a waste to just throw them away ;-; I say color them and put them up on your blog as supplementary material :3

Demo coming to an interwebz near me? Le gaspu, I totes still want to proofread :D Also, that font is very readable and I like it; methinks it matches the textbox.
9:19 wrote:Guard your men carefully.
I won't...?

clua
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Stormy Night /The Knife of the Traitor/Charlatans
Projects: The Hurtful Wall /_Salomon/Infurubia
Tumblr: notttt-che
itch: chegovia

#120 Post by clua »

9:19 wrote:Image
To CG, or not to CG, that is the question.

Next up: Yao's sister, a lint report, and Zhu's special talent.
Its beautiful ºqº...I love her hairstyle too she looks very fem to me
♦WIP♦
Infurubia
The hurtful wall
_Salomon

♦COMPLETE♦
+The Knife of the Traitor(Nanoreno 2012)
+Charlatans(Nanoreno 2015)

Dev tumblr
EVN Store