The Keeper[UPDATED AGAIN]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: The Keeper[UPDATED AGAIN]

#31 Post by 15385bic »

moxie wrote:Ah, I see! Okay, thanks. I don't play minigames a lot, but I'll try to download it and help out. Does novelty work on mac?

I have no idea O_O - the games generally work if u have direct X9 otherwise sometimes u need the extra dll. (linked on front page)
MACS. Ugh =A='

moxie
Regular

#32 Post by moxie »

Ah, I checked, it doesn't. Pity.
Sorry I can't help...
But I'm looking forward to the game. <3

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#33 Post by 15385bic »

moxie wrote:Ah, I checked, it doesn't. Pity.
Sorry I can't help...
But I'm looking forward to the game. <3

the game is made with the novelty engine Q_Q - so you wouldnt be able to play then

moxie
Regular

#34 Post by moxie »

T___T I'll upload it via a school computer, save it to a USB, THEN play. I will find a way. Somehow. Some way. :P

snowp
Regular

#35 Post by snowp »

Ok I just finished playing all three mini games. I have to say it right now, I'm not a fan of reflex mini games... I would be laid back going through the story, and then have to get all tense playing the game. And these kind of reflex games could be quite frustrating if you're not good at them. I would probably save before the game and play it over and over if the scores were important. You see how that could be tedious.

The magic game was ok, sometimes the blue ball would hit the red ball on its own, but to actually hit it by releasing the red ball, that's pretty hard.

Swimming: I got 2/5. I hit 2 speed-ups, and pretty much kept clicking wrong ones once it got really fast.

Bounce: I've been getting 0/5. I guess I haven't found the trick of bouncing properly, after playing ~10 times...

Overall, they're just really fast and short.

I know I'm not good at these kinds of games, that's probably why I didn't find them easy. You could probably give more precise instructions in the actual game for the bouncing game (ex. click to pick it up, click to throw it)?

Sorry about the negative feedback, I just personally prefer puzzles or item searches for minigames. With that said, I think they look pretty nice, and my suggestion would be to make it more manageable for casual gamers who might have slow reaction times and just want a nice story. Of course this could just be me. Regardless of what you end up doing with the mini games, I'm really looking forward to the progress/ completion of this game; story and art both look like they will be awesome =]

Here's a poll from sakevisual about mini games if you haven't already seen it: http://sakevisual.blogspot.com/2011/11/ ... n-vns.html

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#36 Post by Corynth »

snowp wrote:Ok I just finished playing all three mini games. I have to say it right now, I'm not a fan of reflex mini games... I would be laid back going through the story, and then have to get all tense playing the game. And these kind of reflex games could be quite frustrating if you're not good at them. I would probably save before the game and play it over and over if the scores were important. You see how that could be tedious.

The magic game was ok, sometimes the blue ball would hit the red ball on its own, but to actually hit it by releasing the red ball, that's pretty hard.

Swimming: I got 2/5. I hit 2 speed-ups, and pretty much kept clicking wrong ones once it got really fast.

Bounce: I've been getting 0/5. I guess I haven't found the trick of bouncing properly, after playing ~10 times...

Overall, they're just really fast and short.

I know I'm not good at these kinds of games, that's probably why I didn't find them easy. You could probably give more precise instructions in the actual game for the bouncing game (ex. click to pick it up, click to throw it)?

Sorry about the negative feedback, I just personally prefer puzzles or item searches for minigames. With that said, I think they look pretty nice, and my suggestion would be to make it more manageable for casual gamers who might have slow reaction times and just want a nice story. Of course this could just be me. Regardless of what you end up doing with the mini games, I'm really looking forward to the progress/ completion of this game; story and art both look like they will be awesome =]

Here's a poll from sakevisual about mini games if you haven't already seen it: http://sakevisual.blogspot.com/2011/11/ ... n-vns.html
We are aware of mixed feelings towards minigames so there will be the option to turn them off and get random stat raises. Also there will be ingame help and different difficulty levels(Also in swimming right now, if you get them early enough, even hitting speed up twice and nothing else and then just watching could get you a 5 )

I'm going to adjust the speed at which you can turn your own ball in magic so that should help(ironically this and swimming are the two that 15385bic tells me are too easy)

As for bounce I've found that people either find it too easy or can't do it. The ball always releases from the same point so catching it the first time shouldn't be that hard. Avaible on the Novelty forums pointed out, however, that if the mouse flies out of the screen(when throwing) it could make it harder to get a good score so try to keep the mouse in the window.

Advice for bounce: The speed at which you throw the ball has more to do with the speed at which the mouse is moving and not how far its moving so even a short quick movement could do wonders. Always catch the ball before it gets too slow or you run the risk of it stopping before you use all your catches. Remember the point is to get the most bounce so throwing at the walls is always a good strategy(I generally find the top right corner a good place to aim at)

There will be five more minigames so maybe you'll like those better, or alternatively just play without them. Thank you for the compliments on art and what you are aware of regarding the story. I value all opinions and feedback highly so don't apologize about your feedback(I don't believe that feedback is negative unless it's unfounded or unfair). I will work hard to meet and hopefully surpass your expectations(I will however reiterate that we are a super slow duo)
moxie wrote:T___T I'll upload it via a school computer, save it to a USB, THEN play. I will find a way. Somehow. Some way. :P
I like your determination :D But who knows maybe by then there will be a way to release it for mac or you'll have a windows something lying around conveniently :mrgreen:

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

#37 Post by Tag- »

I've been lurking this thread for a while now, but I was never too sure on what to say xD''

I guess first off, Bic, I have to tell you that I really like your art~ So pretty~~~ :wink: Currently, I have to say that I like Lee best (green and earth are also my favourite colour and element o3o) and Azure also looks like a fun character xD.
Your weapon designs are really awesome you know, they certainly suit the fantasy theme xD. As for Aiden's gun, the design is good, but the actual angle of the gun looks a bit wide so it makes the weapon look a bit wonky.

I haven't actually tried the mini games yet but I'll try to find some time to test them out xD. I'm pretty horrible at reflex games in general though, but I'll still play them in the game since I don't really like the thought of getting randomized stats.

The story itself looks quite intriguing, the chance of death gives me the sense of responsibility to make sure I devote my full attention while playing so that the MC doesn't die.

Wishing you guys luck on completion~ :D
PM me if needed

Corynth
Regular
Completed: Halloween Otome, Valentines Otome
Projects: Christmas Otome
Organization: Synokoria
Tumblr: synokoria
Deviantart: Corynth-Synokoria
itch: synokoria

#38 Post by Corynth »

Tag- wrote:I've been lurking this thread for a while now, but I was never too sure on what to say xD''

I guess first off, Bic, I have to tell you that I really like your art~ So pretty~~~ :wink: Currently, I have to say that I like Lee best (green and earth are also my favourite colour and element o3o) and Azure also looks like a fun character xD.
Your weapon designs are really awesome you know, they certainly suit the fantasy theme xD. As for Aiden's gun, the design is good, but the actual angle of the gun looks a bit wide so it makes the weapon look a bit wonky.

I haven't actually tried the mini games yet but I'll try to find some time to test them out xD. I'm pretty horrible at reflex games in general though, but I'll still play them in the game since I don't really like the thought of getting randomized stats.

The story itself looks quite intriguing, the chance of death gives me the sense of responsibility to make sure I devote my full attention while playing so that the MC doesn't die.

Wishing you guys luck on completion~ :D
I would have replied sooner but my internet was down.

The stat combined with your choices determine what happens so I can see the reason why it would make you uneasy, but I don't plan on making the stat requirements too high(or I'd never be able to win my own game). I don't really see the mini games as reflex games - to me most of them are luck and strategy based(once you get the hang of them/figure them out they're pretty easy), but that could be because I know the code(I use the random function so often :mrgreen: ).

You're in luck: Lee's broad path is the first being made because the background requirements are less strenuous(it's easier to find free good-looking school-related backgrounds than those of mansions, business-related things or run-down places).

Azura is fun, but don't let it fool you - our serial charmer is a great actor(seriously, he's in the drama club). He's pretty fun to write for actually(does some of the goofiest things and flirts on automatic)

Kyria isn't the only one that can die. All of the guys can, as well as some side characters, depending on the broad path taken.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#39 Post by WickedRaccoon »

love the game,and i looove the designs soooo much!!!how's the progress so far?

AshenhartKrie
Veteran
Tumblr: ashenhartkrie

#40 Post by AshenhartKrie »

ermergerd this looks so amazing!!!
I wannnit noow TT^TT lolz.
Good luck.

tired. grumpy. queer
*uses he/him pronouns*

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#41 Post by WickedRaccoon »

AshenhartKrie wrote:ermergerd this looks so amazing!!!
aha!spotted a fellow 9gager!!!! 8)

Malevolent

#42 Post by Malevolent »

Wow. I love the artwork and the plot snippets! This'll definitely be a game I'm on the lookout for!

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#43 Post by 15385bic »

WickedRaccoon wrote:love the game,and i looove the designs soooo much!!!how's the progress so far?
Progress? SLOW
lol
we're both still plodding along
although there is the mini games that has been compiled (still in beta stage and not all have the images yet)

super slow so for the nice ppl who are looking forward to this
here's a example cg
aiden - gun scene
aiden - gun scene
and card example for one of the mini games (need to find someone who can do borders and gui OTL)
card example for mini game
card example for mini game
kai megane card 100.jpg (46.73 KiB) Viewed 2202 times

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#44 Post by michi 18 »

Is this still ongoing ?If yes Id be stalking it .
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#45 Post by 15385bic »

michi 18 wrote:Is this still ongoing ?If yes Id be stalking it .
yes - it's still going - slowly and dont know when it'll finish but we're still working on it =]