Memento Mori [Gx?] A Victorian Era Romance

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
handsomcabby

Memento Mori [Gx?] A Victorian Era Romance

#1 Post by handsomcabby »

This is a story we've (Ririruetoo, and Mary) been working on for the past five months and we thought we should get a general idea of how our lovely children/characters would be received by the general public. The character descriptions are very basic because we don't want to reveal the story too early. Not everything is final, we've been discovering new things about the characters everyday.

Please tell us your opinions on our characters and share any ideas you have, we don't bite.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, we'll try to respond as best we can without revealing too much.

'Camille, have you ever lost the reason you smile?'
After the tragic loss of their fortune the Lockewood family hopes to regain their former status and to avoid scandal by sending their only daughter, Camille, to a rural English sea-side town. Being made to work for a living was the last thing Camille Lockewood ever wanted. She was content to spend her days in the confines of luxury, spending her free time with her handsome fiance. Unknown to her however, this little town is full of dark and hidden secrets, and one must always remember- You shall die.

Characters-

"BLOODY PEASANTS!"
Milady Camille Lockewood-
Birthday: August 12, 1882

Some aren't sure what to make of the beautiful Camille and others have just the perfect words to describe her- Crazy Bitch, as she’s to the lower echelons of London.
Being raised in splendor and opulence, Camille is ignorant of the wide world outside the protective walls of her family manor. Now that her fortune is gone, she will unleash havoc upon the English countryside accompanied by her dearest and most psychotic friend, Mr.Soap.

“You two are nothing alike...but why do you look like her?”
Mr. Victor Grey
Birthday:January 3, 1871

The slouching and ever-exhausted Victor Grey is the only physician in the small rural town whose dead eyes remain a contrast to his still living body. The very air around him speaks of a deep and ever-present grief. This is, according to the townsfolk gossip, due to the sudden disappearance of his fiancée. He seems to be a constant in a quickly changing world.

“I could just drown you, you’re so cute~!”
Maria
Birthday: November 29, 1876

A beautiful and vivacious young woman of Spanish stock who has every man in town wrapped around her perfectly manicured finger. When not flirting with any- and every-one she meets, the red-dressed vixen can usually be found hanging around in the bar, entertaining or happily participating in bar brawls.

“Would you like to see my tempting serpent~?”
Young Master Cassius Redgrave-
Birthday: Febuary 14, 1878

Born and raised as a member of the British elite, Cassius and Camille were betrothed at a young age. He is the youngest of the Redgrave children and is the apple of his mother’s eye and the twitch of his father’s moustache. A heart-breaker and heart-taker, Cassius is flirtatious by nature and is unafraid of human contact. Often in his life he was thought to be a perfect, calming companion for a...’spirited’ girl like Camille.

“...”
Asher Reid
Birthday: June 25, 1880

Always a shy boy of few words, Asher stopped talking completely after the sudden disappearance of his beloved older sister, Adi Reid. He seems to carefully avoid Victor Grey at all costs.

UPDATE: 12/20/12

Although it may not seem like it, we are still working on this! Although there is no set day for a release, I do want you all to know we are not in any shape or form abandoning this project. It may take a while, but we will not rest until we finish! We love our story and characters far too much to ever not to!
Last edited by handsomcabby on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Memento Mori [Gx?] A TragiComique AU Victorian Era Roman

#2 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

It sounds interesting, I must say, though there isn't a lot to give much comment on. The characters seem interesting in a twisted fashion. I would definitely be curious if this turned out to be along horror lines.

Since you don't seem to want to reveal too much in terms of story and your hook and character descriptions are quite nice, why not eleborate on the technical aspect?

What do you have to show so far for 5 months? What is your time line? What art style are you going for? What are the gameplay elements going to be? Are there going to be anything new or special you are trying? What engine are you using? What play time are you going for? Commercial or Non-Commercial?

handsomcabby

#3 Post by handsomcabby »

Well, for the last 5 months, we actually haven't had time to work on coding. When we weren't busy with classes, we were focusing on develping the characters to make them as multi-dimensional and realistic as we could. Although when we do start coding, we are planing on it being a dating sim. We tried thinking of different ways the different endings could be accomplished, and since our heroine is so...unique, we thought it would ruin the plot if we added too many choices. So the endings and scenes you recieve will most likely be based on your stats and the job you pick in the begining of the game ( after all, Camille's goal is to earn back the family fortune).
Art wise, we DO have an artist, and she has given us great character concepts, its just a matter of her scanning it to us. So as soon as we get them, we'll post them right away. (^_^)

Non-commerical. (^_^) Playtime...Well, it will be a long game, what with the hidden scenes you can get the many different endings. It won't be short by any means.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#4 Post by ririruetoo »

Also! A Memento Mori develpment blog is now up! Obvisouly we don't have many posts up yet, but, in the future it will be used for posting updates and concept art!!

http://mementomorivisualnovel.blogspot.com/
ImageImageImage

EosTheDark
Projects: Memento Mori

#5 Post by EosTheDark »

Just a quick update from us: we're almost done with the first draft of the character introduction scenes.

EosTheDark

#6 Post by EosTheDark »

If anyone is actually still following this, I thought it'd be nice to give an update.

Yes, this is still active. We were doing quite well when Ririruetoo and I discovered that it didn't make much sense from a reader's point of view as compared to a creator's. At the moment we have decided to hold off on Vincent and Edward's routes until we get the primary stories done. The main stories are for Victor, Maria, Asher, and Cassius. We have an artist who has been making concept art while we wait for classes to start at school. We hope to eventually have them posted.

Egressus
Veteran
Projects: Things Not Seen

#7 Post by Egressus »

At first I thought this was something from poisoncage's comic |D

I liked the characters, seeing from their quotes. Definitely watching this!
Hiatus of hiatuses

FatUnicornGames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Club Shuffle

#8 Post by FatUnicornGames »

I am excited to see where this goes as well. I love the Soulless Series by Gail Carriger and this seems very much in the same vein, if not a bit more twisted.
Developer Blog for Club Shuffle - Follow and Share?
-Also! You can call me Crystal if you want.-

EosTheDark

#9 Post by EosTheDark »

We've taken a lot of time to flesh out all their dirty secrets, so hopefully it will come out the way we want it to.