Liquid Metal Angel [BxG][GxB][Sci Fi, Fantasy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ActionSage
Regular
Projects: LMA

Liquid Metal Angel [BxG][GxB][Sci Fi, Fantasy]

#1 Post by ActionSage »

Will be moved to WIP after samples are available
Yessssss! I'm so excited to finally start working on this visual novel, I can barley contain myself.
I've have big plans for this project but we're taking it slow, one step at a time. This thread will be used to
let people know of progress. Now that we have that out of the way here is what we came up with, Suggestions and advice welcome:

Basic Synopsis-Seemingly just a regular day, two young high school students, Marcus Maze and Kazumi Inoue go through life’s ordinary routine, but soon their lives are changed forever. Two hybrid Angels that come from an alternate world give them both unimaginable power. Now thrown into a war that has lasted a millennium they must travel across the world, building a team to find a secret weapon that can stop the conflict from destroying the Earth.

Characters-
Marcus Maze- Main male lead, normal teenage guy, but apathetic and bored with life. He feels he is missing something more. He’s also fairly introverted but he breaks out of that shell with a little help from friends.
Age-18
Likes-Videogames, Manga, Cartoons, Basketball
Weakness-Defeating beliefs
Weakness-Unable to show or express true feelings
Needs –Purpose, Courage, Love, Empathy
Fears-Death, Regret, a wasted life
Ht:5'9
Wt:145
Appearance: Medium Build, Semi-muscular, Brown/black eyes

Kazumi Inoue-Main Female Lead, from Japan. Kazumi has come to the U.S. to study abroad for the semester. She is currently living with her American family. Since she is half American she can speak English very fluently. Kazumi is very spiritual and she tries to have an upbeat personality at all times, but she rarely shows her true self.
Age-18
Likes- Sushi, Trying American foods, Traveling, Meeting new people, Writing, Singing
Weakness-Afraid of people, keeps them at arm’s length
Weakness –Not confident in abilities
Needs –Non Judgment, Understanding, Love
Fears-People finding out about her insecurities.
Ht:5'8
Wt:125
Appearance: Asian descent, Long black Hair, Small Frame, Brown eyes

Arabella-LMA001-(Enix/Angel) Sister of Apollo, she is found by Marcus after dimensional travel. She merges with him to evade detection from following Posthumans. Having to merge with a human disgusts her after the pain Dr.Mailer let her and her brother go through. But as they become closer she begins to lighten up. She has a very charming and seductive personality, also a bit mischievous. She begins to have an aching desire to go home and see Dr.Mailer and Nora.
Age-18
Likes-Loves to read other peoples thoughts and secrets then mess with their mind, Interest in viewing the way humans try to hide taboo subjects like sex, TV, Long Hot Water baths
Weakness- Thinks that she is untouchable
Weakness – Torn between flowing what is logical and her heart
Needs –Someone to talk too, Love
Fears-Not finding peace
Ht:5'7
Wt:133
Appearance: Blonde Curly Hair,White Skin when not transformed, Medium to Small build, Red Eyes

Apollo-LMA002-(Enix/Angel) Brother of Arabella, he is found by Kazumi after dimensional travel. He merges with her to evade detection from following Posthumans. Unlike his sister, Apollo is very concerned about her and their situation. he urges Kazumi to search for Arabella. He is very protective and always aware of his surroundings. He believes in being strong for the ones he protects, His personality is very straight forward; he is direct and never lies. He always wants to learn new things.
Age-18
Likes-Learning, Knowledge, Reading, Observing the Environment, Strong People
Weakness- Untrusting of people, Quick to anger
Weakness –Desires too much control over environment/others
Needs –Self-mastery, Acceptance, Love
Fears-Losing all that he has learned or acquired
Ht:6'1
Wt:167
Appearance: Dark Blue Hair, White Skin when not transformed, Medium build, Blue Eyes

Notes:
-Point and click choices
-2 Playable characters and 2 true paths*
-Supporting characters can be killed based on decisions (Main characters as well)
-Romances can happen based on Decisions (Scenes can be disabled)
-Realistic Anime look
-Epilogue And special CG when all paths complete**
-Soundtrack
-Library for scenes Viewed
-Codex for World History
-Animations*
-Translations*
-Maps*
-Text History

*Not Sure about adding it yet
**May Be changed to something else

Team:
Lead Writer & Artist-ActionSage
Programmer-Greeny
Editor(s)-Greeny,desulishor
Proofreader(s)-compositefigure,WatchJessieGo
Last edited by ActionSage on Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Come see what we're making in the labs! Project Updates, Artwork, and more at http://luminouslabs.blogspot.com/
Visual Novel Project:Liquid Metal Angel

ActionSage
Regular

Updates

#2 Post by ActionSage »

The outline for 2 Paths are compete. Not sure if they will be most canon, but Main plot is
done. Outlines just need to be reviewed and the script can be started. Need to add one more character, Character height and weight, and a few minor details. Christine and Sol-Fur have been removed from possible romances. Sol-Fur may demoted to a secondary character. Concept Art can now be started.

Things that We need to figure out for the novel...
How many words?
How many pictures do we need?
How many expressions do we need per character?
How many Backgrounds do we need?
How will we use SFX?
How Many Songs do we need? And what type of music?
How Many alternate paths and endings do we need?

If I'm missing anything advice would be appreciated.
Come see what we're making in the labs! Project Updates, Artwork, and more at http://luminouslabs.blogspot.com/

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Liquid Metal Angel [BxG][GxB][Sci Fi, Fantasy]

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

There's a lot of information in your first posts. But there's so many details that I'm not sure what to focus on. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how lengthy your story will be, and if there will be complex gameplay. (You said there will be an inventory of items... perhaps you can fit in some real point-and-click gameplay?)

You'll need to decide what characters are important, and which ones are not especially relevant.

Your idea sounds a bit like Evangelion, and a number of other media that followed in its wake (including Gasaraki, Rahxephon, and Xenogears). Personally, I didn't find these series appealing. They seemed to be rather bleak and somber, and I thought they required a lot of time and patience in order to appreciate. That said... do you enjoy this sort of detail-heavy science fiction? Do you expect to enjoy writing stories like this?

ActionSage
Regular

#4 Post by ActionSage »

gekiganwing wrote:There's a lot of information in your first posts. But there's so many details that I'm not sure what to focus on. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how lengthy your story will be, and if there will be complex gameplay. (You said there will be an inventory of items... perhaps you can fit in some real point-and-click gameplay?)
I've removed everything accept for the Synopsis and main characters, Other info will be either added in later posts or when asked for.

We're not sure about many of these things yet, we do know there will be point and click choices.
gekiganwing wrote: Your idea sounds a bit like Evangelion, and a number of other media that followed in its wake (including Gasaraki, Rahxephon, and Xenogears). Personally, I didn't find these series appealing. They seemed to be rather bleak and somber, and I thought they required a lot of time and patience in order to appreciate. That said... do you enjoy this sort of detail-heavy science fiction? Do you expect to enjoy writing stories like this?
Evangelion? Interesting. I like sci-fi but that wasn't the only inspiration for this I used Battle manga and Superhero comics as well. I like writing stories about characters, getting deep inside their heads and sharing what they feel, adding action just makes it more fun.

ActionSage
Regular

#5 Post by ActionSage »

Uncolored Title logo has been added. Would anyone like to color it? I'm not gonna do it, it was a pain just making the thing.

Edit:Done for now.
Last edited by ActionSage on Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ActionSage
Regular

#6 Post by ActionSage »

Here is some sketch work of Kazumi, This is not even close to the final design, I'm just trying to get in the groove of drawing again. This is really just to show my personal art level. Hopefully We can get more artists to help with the project. comments welcome:

ActionSage
Regular

#7 Post by ActionSage »

Decided to create smaller demos for the project.

The plan in no particular order
Script>Proofreading>Editing>More Proofreading>Programing>More Editing>Testing
Rough sketches>finished Sketches>lines>color
Photoshop Pictures>Painted backgrounds
Spx>Music
Gui>Testing/debuging