Crimson Rafflesia [Thriller|Psyche|Mystery|Supernatural|GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Crimson Rafflesia [Thriller|Psyche|Mystery|Supernatural|GxB]

#1 Post by Coren »

Genre: Psychological (mainly), mystery, thriller, supernatural, romance

Story

Stop. Don't despair. Be happy. Smile.
These are the steps to control.

In a certain country during the late 20th century, a series of strange deaths occurred. All of the victims were found with their bodies putrefied and decaying, even though they shouldn't have died more than a few hours ago. After years of investigation, the "monster" behind these deaths was successfully apprehended and taken into study. The monster later managed to escape, killing many people in the process, the last being an innocent young girl named Mikaela Lane. It was said to have been killed by the police in a brawl later on.

They lied, of course.

This story is set a year later - about a young female governmental mercenary, Sho Reilen, who is skilled in the use of swords. She has something she wants - to confront Kaison Voltaire, a young man who seeks to hunt her down in revenge for the death of his beloved friend, Mikaela.

Crimson Rafflesia is a story about truth and lies, love and hate, and a field of decaying flowers.

Characters

Sho Reilen
"He's here! He's here, he's here, he's here! You found me, Kaison Voltaire, you found me! So, are you going to kill me now? Come and kill me!
Concept Art: http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/ ... 4ujxvb.png
Favourite Colour: Red
About: A crazed, villainous, cheerful child with no conscience. She is skilled with swords, and wields a rapier half her height. A childish girl who usually doesn't talk much, but also has a mad obsession with taunting Kaison Voltaire, and can easily kill someone without blinking. Quite a despicable person and seeks pleasure from destroying others. Due to her abilities, she can easily defeat a gunman with just a blade, making her a deadly force to be reckoned with.

Kaison Voltaire
"Of course. Even if it's the last thing I do, I will kill you, Sho Reilen... with my own hands."
Favourite Colour: Blue
About: A young man whose father was a fencer. He is usually calm, composed and controls his emotions well, much unlike his ability to control heat and fire. He can channel his ability into metal, leading to his preference for swords in the same way as Sho. When he's angry, he doesn't show it, but burns with a tranquil rage. With that rage, he seeks revenge on Sho Reilen for the murder of his friend - or not. His true motivations lie further than that.

Mikaela Lane
Concept: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4o3u ... o1_500.jpg
"Dear Diary, ... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's my fault. It's my fault. It's my fault..."
Favourite Colour: Light blue
About: ???

Erik Faraday
"All good things in the world will end someday, Father. Let us end this one with a good show."
Favourite Colour: Green
About: The son of the Prime Minister, and Sho's employer. Has a strong sense of duty, but is also merciless. His father was a mad politician and a passionate leader who managed to drag his country out of ruins in a mere few decades, but thanks to this instability, the country is still a totalitarian mess.

Aurelia Primer
"That is why, Kaison. I want you to be fully aware of what you are getting yourself into."
Favourite Colour: Yellow
About: A priestess of the Temple of Holy Light. Calm, tranquil and dignified, she hides more than people think.

Shirley Primer
Favourite Colour: Purple
About: Aurelia's younger sister. She is hospitalized and wheelchair-bound.

Layner Kaelan
Favourite Colour: Gray
About: A coffee shop boy. Easygoing, lighthearted, and a generally good person.

???
"I wish I can be buried under this snow when I die."
Concept: http://i.imgur.com/BDzIQ.png
Favourite Colour: Pink
About: A child whom Kaison Voltaire once knew. Calls him Kai.

Chloe Goldstein
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/ ... 5189tp.jpg
Favourite Colour: Orange
About: Robert Goldstein's only daughter, and Henry's fiancee.

Heath Perrison
Heath is the current head of the Perrison family, a group which does quite a few odds and ends for the government, and has direct connections with Prime Minister George Faraday, who barely shows himself. He has some rather eccentric hobbies, and is currently being targeted by the Goldsteins, a rich family that shows some opposition to the government.

Robert Goldstein
The head of the Goldstein family.

Henry Lenore
The fiance of Robert Goldstein's daughter.

Simon Coil
The "Recruiter" of the National Liberation Front, a feared terrorist organization.

George Faraday
The Prime Minister of the nation. Seldom appears in public due to fear of terrorism. Instead of sending his deputy, however, he sends his son, Erik, in his place to make speeches for him.

Amanda
A woman whom Prime Minister Faraday was said to have once cared deeply for.

Flora Lane
Flora was a five-year-old girl who was torn from her sister, Mikaela, during the civil war. She died more than a decade before the beginning of the story in a tragic mass incident. A pity, indeed - she was a friendly, cheerful girl, admired by everyone in the orphanage she was from. Yet still, there is more to her than meets the eye, and heaven knows what kind of imprint she has left in history, as well as what she will continue to leave...

------------------

Progress
Script: 25,000+ Words
Art: Some linearts/sketches done, Aurelia's sprite almost done.

----------------
Credits
Some sketches: mapletaffy, 3leavesclover, chocobikies, valerie-haru, sorani
Logo design: Shoji
GUI: KingV

Please tell me what you think and what you'll expect so I'll try to make sure the game has them. :)
Last edited by Coren on Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 25 times in total.

Ginger
Regular

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Thriller|Psychological|Supernatural|G

#2 Post by Ginger »

Uwah! I really enjoy the premise and characters! I wish I could help you in the art department, but I'm not that good ;A; Though you could check out my DA if you'd think I'd be okay~

I'll definitely be stalking this for further updates! Good luck(:

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#3 Post by Coren »

Thanks for the comment. :) I really appreciate it!

And thanks for volunteering - I'll contact you if I need any help!

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

#4 Post by Hijiri »

Hmmm...this looks to be somewhere in my neighborhood of enjoyment :)
Though about that question mark in your title...ask yourself this: will having a romance plot advance the story in a positive way, or am I simply adding it because I like it? If it wil add to the story, congrats, you've got an edge a lot of other GxB games lack desperately. If no, omit it and make a fandisk later?
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#5 Post by Coren »

There will be a slight romance plot. It's just that the story is told mostly in third person, and you pretty much get to choose choices for all characters, so I wasn't too sure if it fits the definition.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#6 Post by Coren »

Ended up deciding to do the art myself, but occasionally asking for help from other people for the sake of poses. ^^;

Here's Flora:

Michiyo6918
Veteran
Projects: ╮(╯▽╰)╭

#7 Post by Michiyo6918 »

Ow, Flora looks so cute :D (I love how you draw her hair!)

I've always loved psychological. The story sounds promised, can't wait for the update~ :)
Tumblr | DA | Honest Critique
“如果那个人是神。
他想渎神。
——【黑匣子】”

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#8 Post by Coren »

Here's a concept sketch of Chloe Goldstein:

Chloe is a daughter of a bourgeoisie man, Robert Goldstein.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#9 Post by Coren »

A concept sketch of Mikaela Lane:

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#10 Post by Coren »

First completed sprite so far:

Heath is the current head of the Perrison family, a group which does quite a few odds and ends for the government, and has direct connections with Prime Minister George Faraday, who barely shows himself. He has some rather eccentric hobbies, and is currently being targeted by the Goldsteins, a rich family that shows some opposition to the government.

Sprite base sketch by vachuu, one of my sketch artists. :) Lineart and (admittedly very ugly) colouring done by me.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#11 Post by Coren »

Done with Flora's sprite:

Flora was a five-year-old girl who was torn from her sister, Mikaela, during the civil war. She died more than a decade before the beginning of the story in a tragic mass incident. A pity, indeed - she was a friendly, cheerful girl, admired by everyone in the orphanage she was from. Yet still, there is more to her than meets the eye, and heaven knows what kind of imprint she has left in history, as well as what she will continue to leave...

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#12 Post by Coren »

Updated logo, courtesy of the amazing Shoji. :)

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

Re: Crimson Rafflesia [Thriller|Psyche|Mystery|Supernatural|

#13 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

I look forward to seeing this! I love the idea!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#14 Post by SilverxBlue »

Damn, I like the way you wrote the story summary. It's really short but it makes me want to play the game so bad. I would like to see more info on the other characters though. But that's just me, I guess. XD
And also... I love how badass the protagonist looks like right now.

That being said, I'm definitely gonna look forward to this. :)
Good luck~!
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#15 Post by Coren »

Ah, the character profiles are more complex at http://www.crimsonrafflesia.webs.com. :)