GX Fangame Project

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Qu-ko
Regular

GX Fangame Project

#1 Post by Qu-ko »

...I am such a dork.

Okay, so, I'm working on this fangame based off the second season of...

>_> <_<

...Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

DON'T LAUGH.

It's actually a really good show -- I like it even better than the original. It's extremely dramatic and even emotional; some of the characters are total angstbuckets when it comes to their pasts (*cough*), and the plot is really quite good (aside from the "final battle", among other things, which are cliche beyond all reason).

It's going to have user interface so that you can choose the pairings (I've got it partially mapped out already) and all the art will be drawn by me. I'm asking my other GX-obsessed friends to help me write scenes and stuff, since I know some of them are writers, and I'll do the coding for it.

Which is why you might've seen me around the forums asking some n00b questions, but... let's not get into that. :P

I've only got a few backgrounds and pictures done (I suck at backgrounds, so I'm always looking for background help), but I'll attach one of the characters at the end of this post.

(The character in question is called Daitokuji, and he's a teacher. The reason he's transparent and has a shiny ball hovering about him is because he's a ghost. And his whole death scene is all dramatic and sad. D: It's not part of the timeline, but I might have a flashback to it in-game.)

Note that this game is going to follow the JAPANESE plot and is therefore going to use the Japanese names. So if you are a 4Kiddies-dub watcher, don't expect to see "Jaden", "Alexis", "Chazz", or "Slifer" anytime soon. >_>;

Finally, I'll leave you with a summary of the main plot:

"In the not-so-distant future (really, as if that's not the most cliched opening line EVER), there is a school founded by the famous Kaiba Seto on an island off the coast of Japan, called Duel Academia. It is a prestigious school for the game of Duel Monsters (now, the concept may seem ridiculous, but remember, this is Yu-Gi-Oh, so it makes sense to them, at least). The main character, Yuuki Juudai, is entering his second year of school along with his friends.

Interesting things begin to happen when a new Pro League duelist, Edo Phoenix, joins the Academia. His manager, a man named Saiou Takuma, is even more suspicious than Edo himself. Edo challenges Juudai to two duels -- the first of which he lets Juudai unknowingly win, and the second of which he completely crushes him. That second time, bestowed with Saiou's dark power (which turns out to be... not so dark, which will be explained in the game later on), he also crushes a part of Juudai's mind, rendering him unable to see his cards and sending him into a depressed state, which ultimately causes him to disappear entirely. People fear the worst.

Meanwhile, Saiou comes to the Academia, enrolling himself as a student there. He begins to brainwash the students one by one, starting with one Manjoume Jun, also known as "Manjoume Thunder". These brainwashed cronies turn into the Hikari no Kessha, the "society of light", which worship Saiou -- and the color white -- like a god, and who follow his every whim and command in order to be "purified by the light".

So, who is Saiou, anyway? Why does he seem to be struggling with himself? What is it Edo is searching for? What is this power Saiou seems to have? And why this whole "society of light" thing?

STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT! :D"

...Uh, well, let's just say it's a lot better than it sounds. :3

PS: I'm not posting this really expecting anyone to volunteer to help, since I doubt we have any GX fans here or anything. I'm just posting to ask people what they think and if they have any ideas and stuff. Also to gain an audience! :O

...Ramble ramble. Okay, I'm done now, you may now throw your tomatoes. 8D
Attachments
daito.png
ヾ(゚Д゚)ノ うわあああぁぁぁぁぁぁぁ―――――――