Cult of the Lily (Horror, Costume Drama, BxG, 18+)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
ShojiAmasawa
Veteran
Completed: EVOLVEd: Echoes Of The Codex War, [ASH] the Seeds of Destruction
Projects: Cult of the Lily (18+)
Organization: PaperDoor Studios
Tumblr: paperdoorstudios
Deviantart: ShojiAmasawa
Soundcloud: Greyberry

Cult of the Lily (Horror, Costume Drama, BxG, 18+)

#1 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Huge Update!
I bet many forgot that this project existed. Well, it has been resurrected and is being worked on! New information below.

Story
In 1868, the Thomas & Goodfellow Detective Agency is contacted by Lord Kennedy, a wealthy landowner who’s twin daughters, Holly and Ivy, have went missing since attending the Nettleweld Manor Finishing School. Byron Thomas and Jefrey Goodfellow infiltrate the school, posing as teachers. They discover the twins, as well as four other girls, have been inducted into a strange cult dedicated to the worship of Lilydia, the God of the Lily.

Protagonists
Byron Thomas
Byron Thomas is a 27 year old detective, known as one of the greatest detectives in London. He and his partner, Jefrey Goodfellow, have never failed a case. Byron tries to be the utmost gentleman in any situation, even speaking politely to enemies. However, he has sly and manipulative side as well.

Jefrey Goodfellow
25 year old Jefrey works as a detective alongside Byron. The more sociable of the two and not quite as deductive, he prefers to work with people, cracking cases by using his charm to get the information he wants. He tends to have more luck with ladies than Byron.

Heroines
Holly Kennedy
Holly Kennedy, 18, is one the two daughters of Lord Kennedy. She and her sister, Ivy, were sent to Nettleweld Finishing School at 17, and were inducted into the Cult of the Lily at around that time. She has a somewhat shrewish personality, seeming to care only for her sister.

Ivy Kennedy
Ivy Kennedy, Holly’s twin sister, is the quieter and more reserved of the two. She spends much of her time in the manor library. Her doubts with the integrity of the cult have caused a rift to form between her and Holly. She speaks with a stutter, causing her to be alienated.

Susan Abraham
Sent to Nettleweld from her home in Canada, 18 year old Susan is playful and a little mischievous. She is a devout member of the Cult of the Lily, and knows more about its history than the other junior members. She has romantic feelings for Allison McCulloch.

Abigail Fletcher
18 year old Abigail was sent to Nettleweld two years previously, by her parents in the hope that she would grow out of some of her more childish tendencies. She believes fairies live in the forest around the manor, and often looks for them when not attending lessons or rituals.

Marie LaFleur
Sent over from France, Marie, 19, is the eldest of the pupils at Nettleweld. She is quite posh, and thinks very little of the etiquette training she and her fellow pupils have received, but that is most likely due to her being raised in nobility.

Allison McCulloch (Llyriad)
29 year old Allison is a teacher at Nettleweld and high priestess of the Cult of the Lily. When leading the pupils in rituals, she uses the name Llyriad. She is quite progressive in her views on sexuality and gender equality, and seems determined to make Byron and Jefrey submit to her.

Antagonists
Lord Alphonso Graylock
Graylock owns Nettleweld manor and is the landlord of Nettleweld village. His true intentions are quite possibly sinister, though he appears a polite and reserved gentleman to his guests.

Norton Grimes
Working as a butler at Nettleweld Manor, he uses a network of secret passages to spy on anyone Lord Graylock tells him to.

Henrietta Capachelli
A severe governess from Italy. She keeps Graylock informed on the activities of the girls, and distrusts Byron and Jefrey greatly. She has experience with firearms.
Attachments
A heroine, Holly Kennedy. Sisters with Ivy and far from as nice. She thinks her sister spends too much time in the library, but loves her just the same.
A heroine, Holly Kennedy. Sisters with Ivy and far from as nice. She thinks her sister spends too much time in the library, but loves her just the same.
A heroine, Ivy Kennedy. Her time in the vast libraries Nettleweld Manor have taught her more than the lessons have. The only other person in the Manor besides Thomas who understands the theory of Evolution.
A heroine, Ivy Kennedy. Her time in the vast libraries Nettleweld Manor have taught her more than the lessons have. The only other person in the Manor besides Thomas who understands the theory of Evolution.
A heroine, Abigail Fletcher. A serene girl who has yet to grow completely out of a childlike personality. Her strangeness makes her charming.
A heroine, Abigail Fletcher. A serene girl who has yet to grow completely out of a childlike personality. Her strangeness makes her charming.
A heroine, Marie Lafleur. She is noblewoman to be with an large ego, but a friendly flamboyant personality.
A heroine, Marie Lafleur. She is noblewoman to be with an large ego, but a friendly flamboyant personality.
A heroine, Susan Abraham. She is a level headed and down to Earth young lady. Quiet and rather shy too.
A heroine, Susan Abraham. She is a level headed and down to Earth young lady. Quiet and rather shy too.
The protagonist's best friend, Jeffery Goodfellow. A flamboyant dresser and a slightly ditzy young gentleman.
The protagonist's best friend, Jeffery Goodfellow. A flamboyant dresser and a slightly ditzy young gentleman.
The main protagonist, Thomas Byron. He is a bright handsome young gentleman with good fashion sense.
The main protagonist, Thomas Byron. He is a bright handsome young gentleman with good fashion sense.
Last edited by ShojiAmasawa on Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.

jeje
Regular

Re: Cult of the Lily (Horror, Costume Drama, BxG)

#2 Post by jeje »

I love horror! If I'm not so busy right now, I'd probably help you with some art work... T^T And especially, I love when it has this historical thingy around it.
Oh well, wish you luck! :D

Itwasneveradream
Veteran
Projects: Color Me Cliche (semi-hiatus) | Rose Colored Days | College Jam | One secret Project

#3 Post by Itwasneveradream »

This seems nice. How doesn't love a lil horror here and there?

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#4 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Itwasneveradream wrote:This seems nice. How doesn't love a lil horror here and there?
Thank you! But sadly, this project is on hiatus. I had other things going on, and this sort of took back seat. I intend to do it, someday, but but for now my main project is Myriad Blades.

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#5 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

While this probably will not be worked on for years, I have been coming up with new ideas for it!

I decided to give the premise a complete rewrite. Thomas Byron and Jeffery Goodfellow are no longer teenagers from a Catholic boarding school, but in their early - mid twenties, working as private detectives a'la Sherlock Homes and Dr. Watson. The setting remains in the Victorian Era in England.

Also, Jeffery has been renamed to Jefrey.

Here is the updated premise.
You are Thomas Byron, a private investigator hired by the Lord Kennedy to infiltrate the mysterious Nettleweld Boarding School Manor and locate his daughters, Holly and Ivy. Posing as a new teacher, Byron and his partner Jefery Goodfellow, discover the the Kennedy sisters, as well as several other young ladies, have been inducted into a strange religion worshipping the God of the Lily.
Seeing something of himself in the girls, Byron takes it upon himself to free them from the clutches of cult leader Lord Graylock. His efforts will lead to many romantic encounters between him and the young ladies of Nettleweld Manor.
Among other changes, I decided I was sick of writing all-age scenarios and went ahead and made Cult of the Lily an adult game. There is something rather funny about making a game exclusively for 18+, which I would like to be in on.

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

Re: Cult of the Lily (Horror, Costume Drama, BxG, 18+)

#6 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

At this point, I think I could move this WiP. But, to keep myself from being overwhelmed, I will keep this in Ideas for now.

A few exciting updates:

This game will be a combination of normal visual novel and hidden object. For those who don't know, a hidden object game is exactly what it sounds like. Objects are hidden throughout a picture and need to be found for the game to progress.

The game will be voiced! RawrKittyPanda, one of the voice actresses in PaperDoor's first game, EVOLVEd : Echoes of the Codex War (link in my sig) was perfect for the role of Susan Abraham.

Speaking of characters, here is an updated list:
  • Byron Thomas
    Byron Thomas is a 27 year old detective, known as one of the greatest detectives in London. He and his partner, Jefrey Goodfellow, have never failed a case. Byron tries to be the utmost gentleman in any situation, even speaking politely to enemies. However, he has sly and manipulative side as well.

Jefrey Goodfellow
    25 year old Jefrey works as a detective alongside Byron. The more sociable of the two and not quite as deductive, he prefers to work with people, cracking cases by using his charm to get the information he wants. He tends to have more luck with ladies than Byron.

Holly Kennedy
    Holly Kennedy, 18, is one the two daughters of Lord Kennedy. She and her sister, Ivy, were sent to Nettleweld Finishing School at 17, and were inducted into the Cult of the Lily at around that time. She has a slightly shrewish personality, seeming to care only for her sister.

Ivy Kennedy
    Ivy Kennedy, Holly’s twin sister, is the quieter and more reserved of the two. She spends much of her time in the manor library. Her doubts with the integrity of the cult have caused a rift to form between her and Holly. She speaks with a stutter, causing her to be alienated.

Susan Abraham
    Sent to Nettleweld from her home in Canada, 18 year old Susan is playful and a little mischievous. She is a devout member of the Cult of the Lily, and knows more about its history than the other junior members. She has romantic feelings for Allison McCulloch.

Abigail Fletcher
    18 year old Abigail was sent to Nettleweld two years previous, by her parents in the hope that she would grow out of some of her more childish tendencies. She believes fairies live in the forest around the manor, and often looks for them when not attending lessons or rituals.

Marie LaFleur
    Sent over from France, Marie, 19, is the eldest of the pupils at Nettleweld. She is quite posh, and thinks very little of the etiquette training she and her fellow pupils have received, but that is most likely due to her being raised in nobility.

Allison McCulloch (Llyriad)
    29 year old Allison is a teacher at Nettleweld and priestess of Cult of the Lily. When leading the pupils in rituals, she uses the name Llyriad. She is quite progressive in her views on sexuality and gender equality, and seems determined to make Byron and Jefrey submit to her.

Lord Alphonso Graylock
    Graylock owns Nettleweld manor and is the landlord of Nettleweld village. He founded the Nettleweld Finishing School in order to lure beautiful young women to become cultists and resurrect the God of the Lily from eternal slumber.

Norton Grimes
    Working as a butler at Nettleweld Manor, he uses a network of secret passages to spy on anyone Lord Graylock tells him to.

Henrietta Capachelli
    A severe governess from Italy. She keeps Graylock informed on the activities of the girls, and distrusts Byron and Jefrey greatly. She has experience with firearms.
Attachments
Lady Llyriad will rule over you!
Lady Llyriad will rule over you!
The final one looks better, but feast your eyes on this for now!
The final one looks better, but feast your eyes on this for now!
What does an outdated depiction of a megalosaurus have to do with the story? Wait and see!
What does an outdated depiction of a megalosaurus have to do with the story? Wait and see!
The Main Menu
The Main Menu
Last edited by ShojiAmasawa on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#7 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

Some big updates! First, an official development blog has been opened for this. It contains many explicit images, so if you are under 18, do not follow the link.

http://paperdoor-r18.tumblr.com

I have finally started working hard on sprites as well. On the blog you will be able to see two other versions of this one, but this is the SFW version. Susan Abraham is a fun character to draw, but there are more to come!
Attachments
Susan clothed.png

SinnyROM
Regular
Projects: Blue Birth
Organization: Cosmic Static Games

#8 Post by SinnyROM »

Really interested in the setting: a P.I. looking to solve the mystery about a cult that lures young ladies. Hope to see more! Best of luck.

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#9 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

SinnyROM wrote:Really interested in the setting: a P.I. looking to solve the mystery about a cult that lures young ladies. Hope to see more! Best of luck.
Thank you so much! This has been a fun project to work on.

Work on the demo is going well. I have been making a lot of progress with the 3D backgrounds, and "Our" Frank, a PaperDoor veteran has been working to make them look great. Due to real life commitments I am unsure if RawrKittyPanda will be able to return as Susan for the full game, but she has recorded all the lines for the character in the demo.

I am looking for a colourist/someone who can improve on my line art. This is a game I would like to Kickstart, but my art would certainly not be a selling point at its current level. I would like to improve, but I do not really have that kind of time.

Anyone interested, please message me! You must be okay with drawing 18+ content.

[ Deleted two attachments as too racy for the non-adult section. Censor bars don't make something non-adult. - PyTom ]
Attachments
Llyriad's Garden.png
Last edited by ShojiAmasawa on Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShojiAmasawa
Veteran

#10 Post by ShojiAmasawa »

I have this fear of moving things to the WiP section, but maybe it would a good idea considering this is an adult game. It would give me more freedom to post things where the wrong eyes cannot see them.

I guess I am just afraid of responsibility.

Anyway, have another test BG! The entrance hall is one of the smaller sets, but complicated nonetheless. I look forward to adding a pattern to the carpet.
Attachments
Entrance Hall.png