Doll * house (VN) (Fantasy/Thriller/Romance)(Hiatus)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Doll * house (VN) (Fantasy/Thriller/Romance)(Hiatus)

#1 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Currently on hiatus till I can find some time to revise the script and find someone to do the art assets!
Title:Doll * house (D*h)
Format: VN (Fantasy/Thriller/Romance)
Part(s): Book 1: Jaybird Sings
Tagline: “A locked heart holds many secrets…”
Setting: Doll * House is set in a fantasy world called Erdoo (Err-Do) were Humans and Earth Kin (woodland fairies, satyrs, tree spirits, magic-users, etc.) have co-existed for many years after many more years filled with strife and warfare. Humans are collectively in a pseudo-European medieval times when compared to Earth and organize themselves in that fashion while the Nature spirits emulate them but are not bound by the same rules. Political marriages, treaties and so on have shaped this worlds uneasy balance between the two ruling forces of Human and Nature.

Harnessing the power of Nature in combination with ancient Kin wisdom, rich humans have ordered the making of "Dolicks" by Woodworkers. Dolicks are wooden creatures fused with human essence and have a human like appearance without some abilities or, widely believed by some segments of society, a true soul. Most Dolicks have the capabilities to talk, learn, move, etc. while others are limited to a few simple task and are more wood than human. The more money given and the more experienced the Woodworker, the more human in appearance and number of abilities a Dolick possesses.
Plot: Isabella is not like most girls her age. She cannot learn to cook or sow together cloth, nor can she dance or sing or play. She is but a doll. A beautiful doll and daughter to Lord Maron of Willowbrook. That is until she one day begins to do all those things to the Lords' delight. But one thing eludes her...the ability to talk. Oh, all the tales she’d weave together and all the things they could laugh, cry and share together, Lord Maron envisions and sends for the best of the best in the land to cure her. From jesters, to town doctors, priest and even commoners, he dares, no, declares someone come and bring froth his little girls' voice. A man appears cloaked in the night sky by the name of Lord Bloom and for the first time she smiles, tears of supposed happiness drips down her cheeks and a tiny “You came…” escapes her wooden lips. But soon enough Lord Maron will wish little Isabella never got her voice back. The blanket has lifted from the birdcage and a Pandora’s Box of twisted lies, buried secrets, heartbreaking betrayal, age old vengeance and ,ultimately, the truth shall spill forth from it.

A fantasy tale of a doll who gains back her voice and a Lord desperate to bury back all the things his little Jaybird wants to say. Brought to you by Cherubim Scribes!
Features:
(TBA After script is finalized and resources drawn/gathered/counted/etc.)

Characters +More:

Isabella Truth; Our Fairy Lady
"The sole heir to his throne and only daughter of Lord Maron who holds a heavy secret.
Is believed to be mute and is one of the first Dolicks ever created. Turning of age at the beginning of the story."

Lord Augustus Maron of Willowbrook; Warhawk
"The Lord who reigns over Willowbrook and a famous retired general, he wields a lot of sway and power within and outside his providence. Suffers from lapses in memory after the death of his second wife (Francesca), coming to terms with a possible life-ending illness and is the "father" of Isabella."

Viceroy Carmelo Justice; Former Duke of Richfield
"Oldest friend of Lord Maron and closest ally. Despite his love of liquor and woman, he runs a fairly tight ship acting as a stand in for the monarchy in its far off territory of Velancia, where Willowbrook, Richfield and Serpents Rock reside. Holds another dark vice that no one is aware of."

Hunter Bloom; Knight Bloom of the House of Bloom, 2nd in Command of the Royal Army
"A young man who comes before the Lord to restore Isabellas' voice and is the first to succeed.
An air of mystery surrounds him and Lord Maron can not shake the feeling of unease when around him."

Blue Fairy
"A spirit that lives within the castle who often times visits the Lord in his time of need."

Dominique Peg; Woodworker
"Woodworker born in Richfield who moved to Willowbrook sometime in the past.
Has a connection to the Lord which is unclear and once came close to restoring Isabellas' voice."

Pinocchio Peg; The Golden Child
"Infamous "son" of the even more infamous Woodworker, he often times serves as a messenger to his father's clients. He clings to the Lord and hides a dark secret of his own for he can not tell a lie. He'd die before it could slip past his lips."

Court Jesters Anna-bell and Gabriel
"Lord Marons' personal jesters from an exotic land who liven up his guest when the castle doors are open to local and neighboring nobility.
The pair hides much more behind their mask than they let on."

Lady Gwendolyn Oak
"A soft spoken, elven woman who frequently attends Lord Marons' parities.
Her motives are unclear but seem pure-hearted at first glance. She is an embodiment of the wood and earth elements."

Servant Pem
"A young satyr who serves Lord Maron appearing around his teens in human years.
His innocent and taciturn nature leaves much to be imagined."

Earl Joseph Hamilton of Serpents Rock
"Tired and true ally of Lord Maron whose domain is at the furthest end of Velancia near the coast.
Adores his family more than his life and would do whatever necessary to secure his alliances."

Others
Head Maid Ingrid; Maron's most loyal servant
Agatha, Bartholomew and Ann-Marie Hamilton; Josepsh's family
Juniper; Joseph's God-Niece
Broomhilda, Hendrix and Vincent; Guards

Progress:
Story: Count (5,932) (Some chapters are shorter than others)
Outline: 100%
Prologue//Dreaming of Jay Birds: 100% (Complete!)
Chapter 1//Of Trumpets and Fanfare: 100% (Complete!)
Chapter 2//St. Elmo's Fire: 23%
Chapter 3//Rejoice! Rejoice!: 10%
Chapter 4//A Rouge Cloaked in the Shadows: 11%
Chapter 5//Sweet Bliss: 5%
Chapter 6//Dire Warning: 100% (Complete!)
Chapter 7//Jaybird Sings: 2%
Epilogue// Treasonous Intrigue-Promo of Knight Returns: 1%
Proofreading: 0%
Programming: 0%
Script: 0%
GUI: 0%
Main Screen Interface, Etc.: 0%
Code: 0%

Sprites:
Concepts: 100%
Completed: 11/30+ (4 in coloring stages) (+ Variations and Etc. that may or may not get sprites)

SFX Collect: 0/20+
Logo: 1/1 (Credit goes to iiStarCandy for filling my request)
Backgrounds: 0/11 (- Variations)
Music: 15/15 (Thank you Jamendo)

CGs: 0/8 (-Variation)
Title Screen: 0/2
Event Picture(s): 0/8 (2 in the sketching phase)
Cutscene(s): ? (Would be way-way-way down the rode if used)
Video(s): ?(See above)

Bonus Material: 0/1 Map
0/3 Bookcase
0/1 Concept/Original art
0/1 Profiles
0/1 CG Gallery/Video/Music Vault

~*~
Attachments
Isabella's Doll Design<br />-Final-
Isabella's Doll Design
-Final-
Isabella's Royal Design 1<br />-Final-
Isabella's Royal Design 1
-Final-
Isabella's Progression Sheet 2<br />-incomplete-
Isabella's Progression Sheet 2
-incomplete-
Preview of Knight Bloom and Lady Oak
Preview of Knight Bloom and Lady Oak
Isabella's Progression Sheet 1
Isabella's Progression Sheet 1
Promo of a CG
Promo of a CG
Credit to iiStarCandy
Credit to iiStarCandy
DR Logo.png (24.77 KiB) Viewed 3560 times
Servant Pem<br />-In Coloring Stages-<br />-Final Design-<br />-May Revamp-
Servant Pem
-In Coloring Stages-
-Final Design-
-May Revamp-
Blue Fairy<br />-In Coloring Stages-<br />-Final Design-<br />-May Revamp-
Blue Fairy
-In Coloring Stages-
-Final Design-
-May Revamp-
Last edited by Hazel-Bun on Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:03 am, edited 36 times in total.
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

Re: Doll * House (KN) (Fantasy/Psychological/Romance)

#2 Post by inhalance »

This sounds intriguing! I think this definitely has potential. ^^ However, may I suggest proofreading or having someone proofread your first post? I caught a few grammar/spelling errors in your description of the game, which might lead to confusion or misunderstanding of the message you're trying to get across. It gets in the way of the attractiveness of the idea (well, in my eyes OTL)

Other than that, I'll be looking forward to more updates! :)
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

Shad12ow
Regular
Projects: Kage's Room

#3 Post by Shad12ow »

Ho, interesting story. I would really like to see it.
I'm going looking forward for what kind of secret there is.

And I agree with inhalance. You need someone to proofread your post.
Good luck!

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Hazel-Bun »

inhalance wrote:This sounds intriguing! I think this definitely has potential. ^^ However, may I suggest proofreading or having someone proofread your first post? I caught a few grammar/spelling errors in your description of the game, which might lead to confusion or misunderstanding of the message you're trying to get across. It gets in the way of the attractiveness of the idea (well, in my eyes OTL)

Other than that, I'll be looking forward to more updates! :)
Thanks. That's good to hear that your interested despite my gross spelling and grammar mistakes. Hope you stay tuned, the mystery will unravel bit by bit haha.
Shad12ow wrote:Ho, interesting story. I would really like to see it.
I'm going looking forward for what kind of secret there is.

And I agree with inhalance. You need someone to proofread your post.
Good luck!
The secrets are numerous and confusing even to me lol!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Sweet
Regular
Completed: To Think [KN], Here's the Tea, Nadine's Fairytale, Shining Light
Projects: Dragon Eater
Organization: ChickenRoostArt
IRC Nick: Ciera
Tumblr: ChickenRoost
Deviantart: ChickenRoostArt
Github: ChickenRoost
Soundcloud: ChickenRoostArt
itch: ChickenRoost
Discord: ChickenRoostArt

Re: Doll * House (KN) (Fantasy/Psychological/Romance) [Updat

#5 Post by Sweet »

I love your plot so far.. just imagine what if a real doll could speak what secrets they could tell! It has me interested in how you'll go about making this come to life and unravel more as it goes on.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Sweet wrote:I love your plot so far.. just imagine what if a real doll could speak what secrets they could tell! It has me interested in how you'll go about making this come to life and unravel more as it goes on.
Thanks for your interest! I've seen some of your own stories on this site and I must say you make a really elaborate and well thought out world so i'm glad this little blurb interested you.

Yeah I had the same thought as I collect dolls and always have been fascinated by the thought so...made a story about it haha. I'm finding it harder than expected to weave all the interconnected plots together but the finished product should be something good.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: Doll * house (KN) (Fantasy/Psychological/Romance)

#7 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Just wanted to show off the next sprite style/Isabella's new design so she'll look more "doll" like!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#8 Post by azureXtwilight »

I just want you to know that I am watching you.

I am looking forward for more psychological genre, and the art style looks unusual which is good! I really hope this one gets completed.

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Hazel-Bun »

azureXtwilight wrote:I just want you to know that I am watching you.

I am looking forward for more psychological genre, and the art style looks unusual which is good! I really hope this one gets completed.
.///. Thank you! It's always good to know someones out there! You're a master of this genre so I hope this shapes up to something you'd enjoy playing.

On a side not:
. More art ^^ Check the parent post!
. Here are the links to two songs i'm using for the game, this artist is great by way!
http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/96031/the-doll-s-death
http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/338685/ ... eath-pt.-2
. And finally a little excerpt from the prologue.
"Man does not think of the day of its’ own demise. Man comforts itself on the promise of tomorrow. And feeds its own bloated ego on the mountain of I and Me. Sacrificing what it may to come out on top of the rest. Blissfully unaware that tomorrow is uncertain. All turns against them when the time comes. Nature an unrelenting cup running over with held back vengeance, waiting to spill forth. The mind a feeble and faulty record book. Companionship ultimately a delusion. Loneliness inevitable. Hope un-provable. Life a long march to the grave…"