Sky Love[GxB, Otome/Romance, Mythical Fantasy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Devil's Truth
Projects: Sky Love
Organization: Celestial Nighte

Sky Love[GxB, Otome/Romance, Mythical Fantasy]

#1 Post by Devil's Truth »

About the Game
Firstly, it's free. Since it's the one thing I look for in the VNs I play, I thought I should put it out there. It is free. Woo hoo! Anyways, since this is my hobby(and not my only hobby), I wouldn't be working on it 24/7 meaning it'll take quite a while. Sorry about that. And since I'm also pretty in experienced with both Ren'Py and coding, it'll take even longer. Sorry, guys.

Synopsis

Karen White lost her father when she was young. She grew up normally living with her mother, half-sister and step-father... Until her mother suddenly told her she was moving schools.
Truth plummets down as she talks with the principal of the school. She finds out about the impossible, and who she actually is...
Her father was alive.
More than alive.
He was... A god.

And then everything started. Her life, chaos, and new romance.

Game Features(It will change as I progress on the game)
Probably 9 endings (A good and bad for each guy and a friendship ending with Teresa.)
3-4 outfits for each main character (2 for subs)
The Protagonist's name is changeable.

Characters

Karen White (Name Changeable)
Daughter of: Zeus
Appearance: Brown hair, electric blue eyes (This will be up until I get the pictures drawn)
Personality: This kind, caring but somewhat troublesome girl is the protagonist, you. She tends to make electrically wired things explode, which was the main reason she was usually in detention in her previous schools.
Dislikes: Almost nothing
Known Abilities: Blowing up electrical circuits

Romanceable Characters!!

Nico Simons "If I ever let go... I won't be able to forgive myself."
Son of: Hades
Appearance: Pitch black hair, scary bright blue eyes
Personality: Dark, quiet and extremely reserved. He rarely talks to anyone and bears the curse rumoured as the curse of Thanatos, which the details are unknown. Being a son of Hades, he has a bad relationship with most people. It seems like he's hiding a secret, though...
Dislikes: Ray(his roommate)
Known Abilities: Being scary? Or else none is known to others.

Axel Baker "If my talent's stealing, the one thing I haven't been able to steal, is someone's heart."
Son of: Hermes
Appearance: Red spiked hair, coppery eyes
Personality: Badass, slightly perverted badboy. He's a tiny bit short-tempered as well. He doesn't seem to like school very much and is the son of Karen's teacher, Patricia Baker.He skips many classes, excluding the Abilities lessons, a lesson where you train you special powers.
Dislikes: School
Known Abilities: Can tell exactly where they are on road, stealing without anyone knowing

Ray Williamson "I didn't know what it was like to actually fall for someone. But now..."
Son of: Apollo
Appearance: Brown windblown hair, Amber eyes
Personality: Easygoing, lighthearted joker. He's rumoured to be a player, as well. He has a great sense of humor and is a good listener. In addition to that, he's popular and the girls all swoon over him and his super awesome voice. I mean, he's a son of the god of music!!
Dislikes: Nico(his roommate)
Known Abilities: Healing wounds

Logan Simons
Son of: Hephaestus
Appearance: Blonde hair, Blue eyes
Personality: Well mannered, kind boy who gets flustered easily. He hates loud places and enjoys reading and drinking and making tea. He's described to be like a prince in a fairytale. His godly half siblings don't like him because he doesn't take on any traits from his father; he can't build anything.
Dislikes: Loud places
Known Abilities: None...?

Other Minor Characters!!

Teresa Redfern (15)
Daughter of Hephaestus (Logan's godly half-sister)
Karen's Roommate
Red hair, fiery red eyes.
She's a fun loving, weird girl who loves building anything out of everything. She loves cracking jokes and parties, but she hates girly girls as well as people who are popular jerks. She's actually one of the only child of Hephaestus that doesn't hate Logan.
Dislikes: Populars and girly girls especially Trinity
Known Abilities: Pyrokinesis, tracking metal

Trinity Soleil (16)
Daughter of Aphrodite
The Popular Person
Blonde hair, blue-green eyes
A vain, but talented popular girl. She holds most of the boy's attentions and is "in love" with Ray Simons, though he holds no interest in her. She hated Karen from the second they met each other, and she holds a long term enemy relationship with Teresa.
Dislikes: Teresa, Karen, Nico, Nerds, Emos, Goths, Punks, etc.
Known Abilities: Nothing that is known...

-----------
STATUS!! (Since this is still in the ideas column, I think you can guess about how much)

Story: 50% (Basic ideas for Nico, Ray and Logan are done.)
Script: 2%
Character Design: 10% (I'll take photos and post them soon)
Spirites: 5%
CG: 0%
Music: 0%
Background: 20%
Programming: 1% (Literally)

Team
Just me?
Looking for a background artist that would work with me without any payment.

-----------
Celestial Nighte is a one man(woman) production by Devil's Truth. Since I am the only one working on it. It would take a lot longer than other visual novels.
Thank you.
Last edited by Devil's Truth on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 6 times in total.
My signature...
Let's see. I'm Devil's Truth from Celestial Nighte. I am awesome. Mwahahaha~ Just kidding :)
Okay, Celestial Nighte is a one woman production, and it's current project is:
Mythical Fantasy/GxB/Otome Romance/School Life
OMG I made it a link!! *Cheer*

Zylinder
Veteran

Re: Olympia High[GxB, Otome/Romance, Mythical Fantasy]

#2 Post by Zylinder »

I suppose you don't need me to say that this looks like a gender reversed version of Percy Jackson as a visual novel. Questions I have: Exactly how many Gods and Demigods are there supposed to be enrolled in this school at any one time? Since everyone introduced so far is a child of a well-known God, does that mean that at any given time, every God has got a child running out there? How's it work for Gods then? Why, and when are new ones created? How do the Gods handle the overpopulation issue?

Devil's Truth

#3 Post by Devil's Truth »

Zylinder wrote:I suppose you don't need me to say that this looks like a gender reversed version of Percy Jackson as a visual novel. Questions I have: Exactly how many Gods and Demigods are there supposed to be enrolled in this school at any one time? Since everyone introduced so far is a child of a well-known God, does that mean that at any given time, every God has got a child running out there? How's it work for Gods then? Why, and when are new ones created? How do the Gods handle the overpopulation issue?
Ah, yeah. I guess it's like Percy Jackson. It's always been my favourite book, so yeah. Anyway, to the answers:
1) Well, Gods only visit when there're special events, and most of the teachers are either demigods or mortals. There's not really any limitation to how many can enroll, but I guess, there's around 25-35 students per year depending on which year. There's 5 years, from Year 8 to 12. So... Minimum 125, maximum 175 students.
2) Yes, every god has a child for a reason being that they don't know when they would just flash out of Earth so they didn't want the Greek culture just zapping off like that as well. Children of Zeus, Poseidon and Hades, are more rare though.
3 and 4) I'm not thinking about adding new gods or anything at the moment. I might add some when I feel the need to, but not at the moment.
5) You mean the over population of demigods, right? Well, I don't think their that over populated at the moment, but their main point of creating Olympia High and mating is to make sure that this culture and heritage doesn't die out. So, I'm thinking if there were way fewer demigods, there's a larger chance of dying out, and if there's more, there's a larger chance of being found out by. I'm guessing Athena (since she's pretty wise), would keep that under control...

Thanks for the post and questions :)
DevTru
My signature...
Let's see. I'm Devil's Truth from Celestial Nighte. I am awesome. Mwahahaha~ Just kidding :)

LadyAvori
Regular

#4 Post by LadyAvori »

I don't think there would be a problem with over population of demi gods. Many of the demi gods could not know that they are demi gods, or their "powers" manifest in more passive ways allowing them to become great/famous singers, artists, actors/actresses, generals, political leaders, chemists, doctors, religious leaders, etc. They don't need to be flying around supermen.

There are also all kinds of minor gods, goddesses and mythological creatures to fill the school (Cyclops, Centaurs, Minotaurs, Satyrs). And if you feel that there isn't enough Greek Gods and Goddesses there are always Norse, Persian, and Egyptian (and all their mythological creatures that accompany them). All of which co-existed in Ancient time so it wouldn't be very strange to have them all in one school. Your main cast could be Greek, but other students could be from the other pantheons.

Devil's Truth

#5 Post by Devil's Truth »

LadyAvori wrote:There are also all kinds of minor gods, goddesses and mythological creatures to fill the school (Cyclops, Centaurs, Minotaurs, Satyrs). And if you feel that there isn't enough Greek Gods and Goddesses there are always Norse, Persian, and Egyptian (and all their mythological creatures that accompany them). All of which co-existed in Ancient time so it wouldn't be very strange to have them all in one school. Your main cast could be Greek, but other students could be from the other pantheons.
Yes, that's a good idea. I'm thinking about adding a few minor god children as the minor characters, but since they're not that famous, I'll be keeping them to a limit. As for mythical creatures, I'll probably be keeping them to a minimum. I may add a few Dryads and Naiads as well as Satyrs, but not monsters.
I'm still thinking about adding other Parthenon-Gods and Goddesses, since even though they co-exist, I think that they won't get along and putting them in one school just wouldn't work out. But that's just a current thought.
DevTru
My signature...

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Sky Love[GxB, Otome/Romance, Mythical Fantasy]

#6 Post by Ran08 »

Ahaaaa~! Yes, I have to agree that this does sound exactly like a girl version for Percy Jackson, but I'm not complaining. :3 I love the series. :") Although of course, I hope there are some changes as well! :) And I also hope to see their powers being used. Teehee. :D

Will be looking forward to this!

Devil's Truth

#7 Post by Devil's Truth »

Thanks :) I've just posted the known powers of the characters in the first post(but bearing in mind that they are the known ones, not all of them). So yeah.

Thanks so much again for your comment.
My signature...

michi 18
Veteran
Completed: none at the moment's notice
Projects: The Universal Hope;Wisdom Revival
Organization: Pridal Heavens Inc.

#8 Post by michi 18 »

Will be watchin' this
Projects: (I hope you'll support them ) Wisdom Revivalhttp://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=16488 and Universal Hope (Uni-H)http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=16452.

slick

#9 Post by slick »

i love the fact that this will be like the percy jackson series! i'm pumped for this to come out ^^