Memento Karotte [GxB/G][Fantasy, Adventure, Mystery]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
konett
Regular
Projects: White Lie, Witching Tower, Tropichu!
Tumblr: cosmickonett
Deviantart: konett
itch: konett

Re: Memento Karotte [GxB/G][Fantasy, Adventure, Mystery]

#46 Post by konett »

Duskylli wrote:Will be worth the wait :3 The characters look like they're popping out of the screen o.o
Thanks! I hope it will look more cohesive in the end.
try10 wrote:Really beautiful. I could stare at the sprites for a while. They just look so awesome. ;)
Thank you!
Sidji972 wrote:I'm really awestruck by your art and your 'all around' skill. I will follow the progression of this game too :D
ffh Thanks CC:
daikiraikimi wrote:*drools* I somehow didn't see this until now. Gorgeous, and just all around amazing looking.

I know it's on hold, but I will wait patiently!
Thank you. I don't know what I will be able to actively work on this again, but i'll try my best to speed things up a bit, haha.
kukiko-tan wrote:The whole thing looks very promising, and I haven't heard before in this forum of an animated cg. That's a unique add, I say. It must take a lot of work so you have all my encouragement :D. I like that all seems hard work and high quality.
It is something i'd really like to add, as animation is my area of study. I'm not sure how I will do it though.
Eight Rooks wrote:Some terrific art, there - I can already see a lot of richness and depth even in the sketches, from the poses, the angles, the sense of perspective, stuff like that (love the library one). Really nice aesthetic you're going for with the slightly more delicate look to everything (I like the baroque squiggles on the armour especially) and the colours you're using. I'm impressed you're trying for a pseudo-RPG, too! The menus look a little bland, perhaps? But this is obviously old/early art, so that's just nitpicking (and they certainly don't look bad). I don't doubt this is an incredible amount of work for a one-man show (even without real life intruding), but you're obviously pretty talented, so fingers crossed you can keep at it.
Thank you for all your compliments. Regarding the menus, I'm very attracted to minimalist designs, but I will most certainly throw everything upside down before long. But currently I like the minimalist things more, because all the other artwork is detailed. The eyes need places they can rest on, haha.

I don't have much to show, but I have done some little things.

I tried to find a good way to change my grayscale into colour.

I also made new logos for for each section of the game, which I'm pretty proud of, haha.

Image Image

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#47 Post by Mad Harlequin »

You've done excellent work. I especially love the subtle colors and lines in that image of Belter.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

chocojax
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Umbra, Familiarity, Maleficent Justice
Tumblr: chocojax

#48 Post by chocojax »

I don't think I've posted in here before, but I just wanted to say that I really, really adore your art, as well as your GUI makin' skills. Looking forward to the demo, and good luck with writing!! :D

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#49 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Awesome stuff <3 Waiting patiently for more!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.