otoge-Real! (otome/comedy/GxB/GxG/romance) ON HIATUS

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
hiko27
Veteran
Projects: Tsundere-sama (working title)
Tumblr: crappyassdrawings
Deviantart: tsunderenyan
Discord: erikaaaa#6140

Re: otoge-Real! (otome/comedy/GxB/GxG/school)

#16 Post by hiko27 »

BarabiSama wrote:This idea is really great (o u o)
I can't wait to see the new sketches~
Thank you! And hopefully I'll be able to do those new sketches in the next few weeks. I'm not going to be redoing all the art, just some, since some of them are really good and I could work off of those.

UPDATE:
Managed to add one in-progress sketch/sprite/???? whatever the hell that's going to be. I'm considering using it for a sprite for one of the guys, or maybe a minor character. Minor characters should be handsome in this game as well, so that you're fawning over every sprite.

I've also managed to be comfortable with a coloring style, and as of now, I'm trying out as much as I can. But anyways, because of that, I'll be able to add a lot of colored sketches/sprites in as soon as I finish them. YEHEY!
My art thread
links to portfolios

an otome game from a tsundere's pov

hiko27
Veteran

Re: otoge-Real! (otome/comedy/GxB/GxG/romance/school)

#17 Post by hiko27 »

Weeee! One moar update. (Check first post)

Question to whoever has read the first post:
Would you rather play a point system/simulation system (eg Love Revo) or a route system (eg almost every other otome out there)?

I'm considering doing a route system instead cause the point system sounds very hectic. I'd also like to be able to show a flowchart of sorts in-game so that players would know just whose route they entered.
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

Re: otoge-Real! (otome/comedy/GxB/GxG/romance/school)

#18 Post by hiko27 »

Posted a few quick concept sketches for Shun and Ren. Also, the red-haired dude will be Akira. Though I might change his hair and eye color to something else.

Also, I'm getting more inclined to change the whole game to a branching route system (as typical of VNs) instead of a point system. Still weighing the work that comes with both.

EDIT: Added Mitsuru's concept as well. Mitsuru is Kouta's girlfriend.
My art thread
links to portfolios

laylee96

Re: otoge-Real! (otome/comedy/GxB/GxG/romance) Updated 1/1/1

#19 Post by laylee96 »

Just had a quick glance and it seems great! The story's original and I really like the artwork! I can't decide whether I like Ren or Okura more! Ren's sketch looks nice, can't wait to see Okura's! I'm SO excited for this game, I think I'll be stalking this thread from now on ;p

With regards to the point/route system, I'd say go for whatever you find easier. You're already doing so much and I don't think people will be too fussed with whatever you choose.

Looking forward to this! Good luck!!

hiko27
Veteran

#20 Post by hiko27 »

laylee96 wrote:Just had a quick glance and it seems great! The story's original and I really like the artwork! I can't decide whether I like Ren or Okura more! Ren's sketch looks nice, can't wait to see Okura's! I'm SO excited for this game, I think I'll be stalking this thread from now on ;p

With regards to the point/route system, I'd say go for whatever you find easier. You're already doing so much and I don't think people will be too fussed with whatever you choose.

Looking forward to this! Good luck!!
Thank you! This game's pretty much my baby, so I'm happy that people are taking an interest in it.

Thanks for your opinion, though it still does worry me because I myself have qualms about the point/route system.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#21 Post by Akitsuki »

AAAAAAAAAAAA this is just too cute!! I love it already! I hope everything goes well for you!

1. Do you think there are too many characters for one game? Will the amount of characters get in the way of you enjoying the game or the opposite?
Nope, not really! I'm actually excited whenever I meet new characters in any games! But I hope each of them will appear frequently, not like some only appear once and suddenly you forget about them. They tend to do that in simulation :/

2. What do you think of the art so far? (If any are posted atm; if not, ignore. Will post more in the future)
They're nice! It's undeniably the main reason I'm interested in certain VNs!

3. How about the premise? Do you think it's interesting?
Of course! I kinda understand how you feel when making the plot LOL At least not far from wishing some otome games to happen in real life, I guess? owo)

4. Do you feel iffy knowing there's a GxG route or it's fine? If not, would you rather we add more GxG routes or one is fine for now?
Nope, not really. I can't really say whether I hate or like GxG (the same thing falls to BxB as well), but if there is, I'll play it anyway. I don't have any thoughs about adding more GxG routes, so I'll just leave it to you guys!

5. What do you think of the love interests? Any favorites? Any assumptions you can make based on their profiles?
Let's see... From the description, I guess I'm interested in Shousuke. I mean, who wouldn't like guys who loves kendo?? LOL. But yeah, their designs actually matter too, for me at least. Aside from Shousuke... Nao, I think? It'd be much clearer if you add more details about them though, like personality traits and such (but since I can guess a little, it's totally fine if you leave it like that).

6. How about the planned features? Anything that is making you wanna play this/preventing you from liking this game?
Both are really interesting! I just hope that you guys will keep your spirit high enough to finish the game (because programming for it can be really, you know, not that easy) but I know you can do it!!

7. Regardless if it became popular or not, would you want to see this game in your language?
Sure... I guess? If someone would translate it to Indonesian LOL. But if you want to consider it, I could help with the translation!

8. For a demo, would you prefer to play a limited number of guys' routes up to a certain level, or would you rather play the first two levels for most of the guys? (ex. 4 guys' routes are playable until level 4 vs 10 guys' routes playable until level 2)
I think demo is meant to introduce the game before it's released, so IMO it'd be better if you do 10 guys' routes?

9. What do you think of being able to pick your harem? How about how each love interests' interactions interchange depending on who's in your harem?
Wow, I actually have no idea about this harem thingy (does that mean you can 'chase' more than 1 guys at once??) so I'll just leave it to you! (again)

10. What do you think of the point system? Do you think it'll be harder, or not? Would you prefer a route system instead?
I never find the point system difficult or whatnot. I think you can mix both the point system and the route system though. Since the MC's goal is to make an otoge, I think focusing on point system would fit most. So you get the players to feel 'responsible' enough to make the MC finish making the otoge... if you get what I mean? Anyway, I vote for the point system! As I said, it requires more programming but once it's finished, it'll be worth more, won't it?

11. Comments or suggestions for the features below?
Something bothers me though--isn't it illegal in Japan to smoke when you're still under 20? Though I did see a girl student smoke once, but it'll be a bad example, so... It's just me and my obedient self though! Just saying!

Oh my God, I'm really sorry for the wall of text!! >.<
Okay then, good luck all of you!!! I can't wait for the next update for the character designs/sprites/even CGs! LOL

hiko27
Veteran

#22 Post by hiko27 »

Akitsuki wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAA this is just too cute!! I love it already! I hope everything goes well for you!

1. Do you think there are too many characters for one game? Will the amount of characters get in the way of you enjoying the game or the opposite?
Nope, not really! I'm actually excited whenever I meet new characters in any games! But I hope each of them will appear frequently, not like some only appear once and suddenly you forget about them. They tend to do that in simulation :/

2. What do you think of the art so far? (If any are posted atm; if not, ignore. Will post more in the future)
They're nice! It's undeniably the main reason I'm interested in certain VNs!

3. How about the premise? Do you think it's interesting?
Of course! I kinda understand how you feel when making the plot LOL At least not far from wishing some otome games to happen in real life, I guess? owo)

4. Do you feel iffy knowing there's a GxG route or it's fine? If not, would you rather we add more GxG routes or one is fine for now?
Nope, not really. I can't really say whether I hate or like GxG (the same thing falls to BxB as well), but if there is, I'll play it anyway. I don't have any thoughs about adding more GxG routes, so I'll just leave it to you guys!

5. What do you think of the love interests? Any favorites? Any assumptions you can make based on their profiles?
Let's see... From the description, I guess I'm interested in Shousuke. I mean, who wouldn't like guys who loves kendo?? LOL. But yeah, their designs actually matter too, for me at least. Aside from Shousuke... Nao, I think? It'd be much clearer if you add more details about them though, like personality traits and such (but since I can guess a little, it's totally fine if you leave it like that).

6. How about the planned features? Anything that is making you wanna play this/preventing you from liking this game?
Both are really interesting! I just hope that you guys will keep your spirit high enough to finish the game (because programming for it can be really, you know, not that easy) but I know you can do it!!

7. Regardless if it became popular or not, would you want to see this game in your language?
Sure... I guess? If someone would translate it to Indonesian LOL. But if you want to consider it, I could help with the translation!

8. For a demo, would you prefer to play a limited number of guys' routes up to a certain level, or would you rather play the first two levels for most of the guys? (ex. 4 guys' routes are playable until level 4 vs 10 guys' routes playable until level 2)
I think demo is meant to introduce the game before it's released, so IMO it'd be better if you do 10 guys' routes?

9. What do you think of being able to pick your harem? How about how each love interests' interactions interchange depending on who's in your harem?
Wow, I actually have no idea about this harem thingy (does that mean you can 'chase' more than 1 guys at once??) so I'll just leave it to you! (again)

10. What do you think of the point system? Do you think it'll be harder, or not? Would you prefer a route system instead?
I never find the point system difficult or whatnot. I think you can mix both the point system and the route system though. Since the MC's goal is to make an otoge, I think focusing on point system would fit most. So you get the players to feel 'responsible' enough to make the MC finish making the otoge... if you get what I mean? Anyway, I vote for the point system! As I said, it requires more programming but once it's finished, it'll be worth more, won't it?

11. Comments or suggestions for the features below?
Something bothers me though--isn't it illegal in Japan to smoke when you're still under 20? Though I did see a girl student smoke once, but it'll be a bad example, so... It's just me and my obedient self though! Just saying!

Oh my God, I'm really sorry for the wall of text!! >.<
Okay then, good luck all of you!!! I can't wait for the next update for the character designs/sprites/even CGs! LOL
Omg.... I pretty much forgot to reply to this, so sorry. But thank you for answering all my questions (I was kind of scared no one would answer this many questions). Wall of text is very much appreciated!

I'll try addressing some of them. For the personalities, I can't really add them in since it'll give away a whole lot of the guys' backgrounds. Some have straightforward stories (ie maybe some are predictable?) while others have twists to them you'd never expect (I love to surprise the audience when I can). I put down some of their likes, dislikes and hobbies so that people can guess what their personality is. It might just be me, but it's more fun that way.

And will consider Indonesian. It really depends on how popular this'll be. And thank you for the compliment about the art lol. I'm pretty much the same, I consider what games to play mostly on the art since I'm an artist myself. Next comes the premise, if it's interesting.

And about the smoking thing -- it's definitely illegal, but no one really cares. I have a Japanese friend (he's half though but he was born and raised in Japan) who smoked in high school, and he was a junior when I was a senior. He even told me his younger sister smokes as well, so, I don't think it's enforced that strictly.

But anyways, thank you for the support! I'll try finishing this up as much as I can (or at least get enough done to get a demo out) but as of now, I'm the only person working on the characters, story, writing and art (which also includes sprites, CGs, backgrounds and the graphics to be used in the game). And I'm also the director of sorts, so this game will definitely take a few years before it's finished (unless I straightened up and decided to just work on this nonstop in a year).
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

Re: otoge-Real! (otome/comedy/GxB/GxG/romance) Updated 7/21/

#23 Post by hiko27 »

Updated concept art section. Removed Mitsuru's and one other guy's, added Mitsuru's more finalized looking character design.
My art thread
links to portfolios

hiko27
Veteran

Re: otoge-Real! (otome/comedy/GxB/GxG/romance) Updated 7/21/

#24 Post by hiko27 »

Updates:
  • Changed some of the guys' ages.
  • And also, we'll actually have more than one hidden character, I think. Not yet sure, but we'll be adding either one or two more guys. Not yet decided at this point since I'll have to see if I can make them fit.
  • Character designs are well on their way. Crystalline Spade is helping us out!
  • Route outlines are being fleshed out, so I guess I should update the progress reports on the first post
My art thread
links to portfolios

Ferdokki
Veteran
Completed: Before Dream Valley, Chasing, Fear&Love
IRC Nick: Ferdokki

Re: otoge-Real! (otome/comedy/GxB/GxG/romance) Updated 8/8/1

#25 Post by Ferdokki »

Omg, this project is till active? I'm so happy! =D

hiko27
Veteran

#26 Post by hiko27 »

Ferdokki wrote:Omg, this project is till active? I'm so happy! =D
Haha, yes, it still is. Slowly but surely. I'll hopefully be able to update this this year as well.
My art thread
links to portfolios

Lyhra
Regular
Tumblr: nami-stuff

#27 Post by Lyhra »

Customizeable MC — hairstyle, hair color, clothes (during dates), skin color and of course her name.
That's all, you've just won me with this lol And the art looks really pretty too. Gonna be lurking for more news and stuff.

hiko27
Veteran

#28 Post by hiko27 »

Lyhra wrote:That's all, you've just won me with this lol And the art looks really pretty too. Gonna be lurking for more news and stuff.
Lol, and thank you! I'll hopefully be able to work on this the next few weeks, even just a little bit.
My art thread
links to portfolios