My Guard [GxB] [Fantasy/Medieval] [Upd8 25/07]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
sasquatchii
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: A Day in the Life of a Slice of Bread
Deviantart: sasquatchix
Soundcloud: sasquatchii
itch: sasquatchii

Re: My Guard [GxB] [Fantasy/Medieval] [Upd8 12/02]

#46 Post by sasquatchii »

Wow, this looks like it's going to be a wonderful game! The plot sounds very fun and I love that there are so quite a few endings. I'm curious to how old Cenric is and how old the main character is? He seems quite young & handsome :)

I am definitely going to be keeping tabs on this thread! Best wishes to you.
ImageImage

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#47 Post by Fungii »

sasquatchii wrote:Wow, this looks like it's going to be a wonderful game! The plot sounds very fun and I love that there are so quite a few endings. I'm curious to how old Cenric is and how old the main character is? He seems quite young & handsome :)

I am definitely going to be keeping tabs on this thread! Best wishes to you.
In the opening/backstory part, it's explained that when Mariette (the MC) was born, her father immediately assigned her a personal guard, per recommendation of his Head Guard, who elected Cenric, as he was the most promising trainee at the time.
I'd say there's at least 15 years difference between them or so. Which is...quite steep, I realise, so there may be clashing of tastes in that department, haha.

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#48 Post by silverpikachu99 »

I'm so glad this is still progressing strong :) You have no idea how excited I am to play this~!!
i'll cry if you yell at me

Fungii
Veteran

#49 Post by Fungii »

Finished up that long, waiting background today.

Haha, the demo alone has about 9 backgrounds alone. I'm probably being too specific with location backgrounds when a simple descriptor would let people know they're somewhere else but I guess that's my visually-inclined mind betraying me.

I think next I'll do the side sprite for the protagonist; the sooner I have that ready to code in, the less back tracking I have to do on what I already have.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

Re: My Guard [GxB] [Fantasy/Medieval] [Upd8 25/07]

#50 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I love the bright colors and clean lines!
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#51 Post by Akitsuki »

I'm wondering why I haven't posted anything here yet...

The story sounds awesome and that handsome Cenric-ojisan aaaaaa--!! *fangirls* And I love how you draw the backgrounds! They look so bright-colored and detailed! Also, looking at the story, somehow I imagine the princess could end up with the Dark King? LOL.

Good luck with the project!

Fungii
Veteran

#52 Post by Fungii »

Akitsuki wrote:I'm wondering why I haven't posted anything here yet...

The story sounds awesome and that handsome Cenric-ojisan aaaaaa--!! *fangirls* And I love how you draw the backgrounds! They look so bright-colored and detailed! Also, looking at the story, somehow I imagine the princess could end up with the Dark King? LOL.

Good luck with the project!
Aah that reminds me, I forgot to mention it on the post but the clutter was done thanks to help from konett; they sketched out a bunch of shelf/cabinet stuff for me.

Right now my next step is the side sprite for Mariette. It's taking a while mostly because she needs about 3 different outfits, 2 hairstyle, ???? expressions and also I have completely forgotten all the style options I took when making the character art for this game.
portrait.png
portrait.png (104.52 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
I thiiink I just have 2 backgrounds left for the demo at this point, one's a throne room but the other is a big marketplace scene so I'm especially dreading that haha.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#53 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I'm certainly no artist, but it looks like her mouth is too close to her nose. I could just be seeing things, though.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#54 Post by Laera-chan »

:shock: I go away for a month or two, and come back to updates! YES!!!! I'm really loving this idea, and am eagerly awaiting both the demo and the whole game.

Also, maybe I didn't see it before, but the Slaughtered Queen Ending shocked the hell out of me just now. Is that new? Or am I just blind?

Fungii
Veteran

#55 Post by Fungii »

Mad Harlequin wrote:I'm certainly no artist, but it looks like her mouth is too close to her nose. I could just be seeing things, though.
Ah, now that you mention it, I see it too. I'll fix that.
Laera-chan wrote::shock: I go away for a month or two, and come back to updates! YES!!!! I'm really loving this idea, and am eagerly awaiting both the demo and the whole game.

Also, maybe I didn't see it before, but the Slaughtered Queen Ending shocked the hell out of me just now. Is that new? Or am I just blind?
Haha, it's a new ending. I was looking at my notes for the "Dark" routes and realised a lot of the endings I had written down didn't make a lot of sense, or rather, I didn't feel Cenric's forgiveness could stretch so far.
All I can say about it is that if you wanna play the bad guy, don't expect to have your cake and romance it too.

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer

#56 Post by Laera-chan »

Haha, it's a new ending. I was looking at my notes for the "Dark" routes and realised a lot of the endings I had written down didn't make a lot of sense, or rather, I didn't feel Cenric's forgiveness could stretch so far.
All I can say about it is that if you wanna play the bad guy, don't expect to have your cake and romance it too.
So I'm not blind! Yay! :)

Pffft! *whines* But I really wanna romance my cake!!! Please please please please please?!!!!! That just sounds so... deliciously punny! //shot :lol: :lol:

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#57 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Fungii wrote:Ah, now that you mention it, I see it too. I'll fix that.
Whee! I feel smart. :o
Laera-chan wrote:Pffft! *whines* But I really wanna romance my cake!!! Please please please please please?!!!!! That just sounds so... deliciously punny! //shot :lol: :lol:

Well, tiramisu isn't strictly cake (or at least I don't think it is), but you can romance it in this thing. Sort of.
— Mark Twain

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

#58 Post by daijinahito »

Veryyy interesting. I'll be keeping my eyes on you. @3@b (nerd glasses: equipped)

Laera-chan
Regular

#59 Post by Laera-chan »

Mad Harlequin wrote:Well, tiramisu isn't strictly cake (or at least I don't think it is), but you can romance it in this thing. Sort of.

:shock: Pffft! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG... That was epic! Just played that, and started laughing hysterically. Out loud. In a room full of people. 8) Thanks so much for that fun, cute little thing!
I must say, Tira's shocked face is super adorbs! Makes me want to shock him all the time. :twisted:
Edit: Btw, I'm still eagerly awaiting this game! :wink: :mrgreen:

ladyaida

#60 Post by ladyaida »

Oh I can't wait to play this or your other game. bookmarking thread now