My Guard [GxB] [Fantasy/Medieval] [Upd8 25/07]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Steamgirl
Veteran
Completed: My Cup of Coffee, Queen at Arms (co-wrote a battle scene)
Projects: Stranded Hearts, Emma: A Lady's Maid
Deviantart: steamgirlgame

Re: My Guard [GxB] [Fantasy/Medieval] [Upd8 12/02]

#31 Post by Steamgirl »

Loving the look AND the sound of this. A VN to feast your eyes on, for sure.
:bookmarked:

strawberry loaf

#32 Post by strawberry loaf »

This is something to keep my eye on.
It looks great so far.
> w <

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#33 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

Cenric is so cute, like, omg.

I'm really excited for this game!

Honest Critique

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#34 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I don't know why I didn't post here sooner, but gee, this project definitely looks and sounds interesting! I'm eager to see where it goes. :)
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Fungii
Veteran
Completed: Home's Embrace
Projects: Royality TV
Tumblr: fungiidraws
itch: fungii

#35 Post by Fungii »

Oh hey thanks guys! Unfortunately (as you can probably tell) progress on this has been halted a little due to schoolwork, but I'm trying to tap away best I can at art assets. All I have to show currently is the 25% progress into this background ha

Most of the procrastination is coming from the fact I have to filll that entire cabinet with medical junk

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#36 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Well, don't feel compelled to rush. You're doing all of this amazing work on your own. Drawing medical junk sounds tedious, though. I certainly don't envy you. I do need to practice drawing more often, though . . . I'm not capable of much beyond a slightly evolved cartoonish doodle. :P
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Vagrant-Muffin
Regular
Completed: The Bare Escape, Fool's Helper, Lucky Days
Projects: Red Wolf Hiding
Tumblr: vagrant-muffin
itch: vagrant-muffin

#37 Post by Vagrant-Muffin »

Everything about this looks so beautiful, the characters, the story, that CG!

I can hardly wait to see how the completed game will turn out. I wish you all the luck!

Fungii
Veteran

#38 Post by Fungii »

Hey guys, just a little update.

As you've probably guessed, this project in currently on the backburner until prooobably late May. You can also probably guess why (final year of university, 100% coursework course. The price I pay for no exams).

In the meantime, I'm just spending what little free time I have either preparing for a convention I have a table at in May and filling in gaps in the plot that I haven't filled yet.

Laera-chan
Regular
Projects: HeART Thief; Beauty and the Brothers: The Beginning; For Better or Worse; An Otaku's Guide to Santa's Reindeer
Organization: Moonlight Avenue, Inc.; Anomalis

#39 Post by Laera-chan »

*comes in carrying plush, comfy couch; walks out; comes back in with a large pile of blankets and pillows; leaves again; returns with snacks of all types, and books and Otome games; Looks up from setting up her nest*

Oh, hi! Yeeeeaaaah... Don't mind me! I'm just your friendly neighborhood stalker of great/interesting/both otome games, and I've come to stalk your thread. *hums* Can't wait to see more, and play the game. Must admit, Cenric-oji-san is amazing, and my 2nd main reason for wanting to play: The first being the CG's and watching all the different paths unfold... :wink: Keep up the Amazing work, and don't forget to enjoy yourself and have fun doing this! While I haven't made a game yet it seems to me, that the main reason people keep working on them when they're frustrated or stressed, is because they enjoy it and have fun doing it. *shrug* But that's just me being... well, me. So whatever. :roll: :lol:

Again, can't wait 'til you're free to work on this again!

*bookmarks*

Fungii
Veteran

#40 Post by Fungii »

Welp, uni work is all done and submitted. All I have to do now is get old commission work out the way and hopefully I can resume work on this.

If anyone is willing to lend a helping hand, of course, it would be much appreciated. Though I suppose all I'd be looking for is someone who could provide background art that can sort of mimic what I already have. (Unless I work on bribing konett into helping me out full time hahaha)

konett
Regular
Projects: White Lie, Witching Tower, Tropichu!
Tumblr: cosmickonett
Deviantart: konett
itch: konett

#41 Post by konett »

congrats on being done with uni!! /confetti

I'm totally up for helping out some more (still working on that market one). I need to wait until I'm on break for the summer, though. No time for anything ;n;

Fungii
Veteran

#42 Post by Fungii »

konett wrote:congrats on being done with uni!! /confetti

I'm totally up for helping out some more (still working on that market one). I need to wait until I'm on break for the summer, though. No time for anything ;n;
psssh it's fine, i still have plenty of writing/character art to do anyways so it's not like there's any rush
i would really love to work with you more though!

PugDoll
Projects: Burdened Hearts
Organization: Spiral Orchid

#43 Post by PugDoll »

The story sounds interesting so far, I like how you gave it the little twist of focusing on the relationship between the daughter and her knight-guard. The art work is also colorful and goes together well. I look forward to seeing what you do with this project. (=

Fungii
Veteran

#44 Post by Fungii »

Well, I'm out of university now so hopefully I can begin working on this again! Even if it's piece by piece/getting the demo going.

As of right now the only chipping away I can do is writing and plot wise, and speaking of that, due to knew plot developments there won't be a possible Dark King ending (in case of you are into ojiisans and had your hopes up...).

Also, thanks for all your nice comments! Hopefully the long hiatus/delay on this hasn't dulled your expectations any.

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran

#45 Post by Mad Harlequin »

Don't worry! The best things are always worth waiting for. :)
— Mark Twain