Silent Tears [GxB] [Fantasy/Medieval/Royalty/Politics]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
MyFrozenSanctuary
Projects: Silent Tears~ *Series*
Organization: Haunted Love Studio
Tumblr: myfrozensanctuary
Deviantart: myfrozensanctuary

Silent Tears [GxB] [Fantasy/Medieval/Royalty/Politics]

#1 Post by MyFrozenSanctuary »

Silent Tears~ It's never too late to take stand, is my major end of semester project for my games art course.

Elevator Pitch:
Silent Tears, a single player otome game, follows the story of a newly crowned princess whose first task is to bring peace to the surrounding kingdoms. As the crown princess, players will have the opportunity to make decisions, start negotiations, and even deal with courting from other royals, while trying to prevent a war from breaking out.

Characters:

Crown Princess of Belengloth – Celeste Rosenforth *First Name Changeable*
Main Character/Protagonist
Early Twenties

“There is nothing you can say that will change my mind on this matter. Now you can either allow me to continue speaking or you can try your luck at convincing all here that your opinion far surpasses mine." - Aggressive Response

The Princess' personality is mainly defined by the player. She can exhibit one of three predefined personalities types based player’s on dialogue choices which are Diplomatic, Sarcastic and Aggressive. Default characteristics include being completely devoted to whatever she puts her mind to and her ability to see the positive in everything.

The Crown Princess' Royal Tutor & Adviser – Akil
Secondary/Main Character/Romanceable
Two years older than the CP

“Need I remind you princess that if you don’t complete your studies to the standard set by your own parents, I may be the only person you’ll ever be able to marry.”

Akil is the Princess’s royal tutor, adviser and her constant companion, his role is to to make her look good so she can land the perfect husband. Akil himself isn’t very well respected by his fellow tutors, as his position at such a young age has always caused controversy among his seniors. Despite the rumors of buying his way up the ladder, Akil's single goal is to make his Princess the best she can possibly be. The so called 'relationship' between Adviser and Princess can be questionable at times as the line between friend and foe blur into one. After overhearing the Princess admit to a close friend that she may of had a crush on him when they were kids, Akil has taken every opportunity to remind her of this simple fact, especially when she doesn't pay attention to his lectures.

Crown Prince of Himpilin – Izac Gilson
Four years older than the CP

“I assure you, little one, spend a few hours with me and you’ll never look at another man again.”

Izac inherits his beauty from his mother, and his charm from his father. In the rare instance that he doesn't have a partner on his arm, Izac can be seen reading poetry and acting like the perfect gentleman. Many swoon at the mere sight of such a man, for he has no quims of whose attention he receives. The princess would be blind not to notice his very apparent flirting, something of which she may not know how to deal with. As she gets to know him better however, she gets a strange inkling that he may not be quite as he appears.

Crown Prince of Lansorn – Malroy Lieb
A year younger than the CP

“I may not be able to speak my mind but I care about my people more than you’ll ever understand.”

Malroy never wanted to be a prince, let alone the first in line to the throne. As the fifth and very unwanted child, Malroy had spent most of his free time with the commoners, mingling with the underprivileged and hiding away from the life he so very hated. To his subjects he was known to all as Malroy The Kind, a young man who cared for his people. Malroy loved his life in the streets, he could blend into the crowd a be just another body in the masses. That was his life until the royal family decided their so called ignorant son needed to be taught a lesson. Far away from the streets he loves, Malroy must leave all emotion behind as he faces the hardships of being the representative of his kingdom and the constant sneering from his own servants.
Development Progress:
Outline: 25%
Script: 1500 words
Sprites: 0/?
BGs: 0/?
CGs: 0/?
Questions!
Do you like the premise of the story?
Is there anything in particular you'd to explore in the game?
How are the characters? Any favorites?
How about the Logo? Is it good?
Anything else you'd like to add?

Hey everyone! Thanks for reading~ I'm really looking forward to this and I hope you are too.
I'm really looking for some artists and another writer to help me get this game to life so if you're interested feel free to leave me a PM. If you want to help with this, send me a PM also, and just state what you'd like to do. I'm very flexible and I'll take all the help I can get ^^
Last edited by MyFrozenSanctuary on Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erikB
Projects: a Visual novel

Re: Silent Tears [GxB] [Fantasy/Medieval/Royalty/Politics]

#2 Post by erikB »

Hey! ( I saw you recently signed up, me too haha).

Welcome to the forums!

you got a interesting story, I do got some points.

You mention in your elevator pitch that the CP needs to prevent war at all cost, yet the player can define the princess.
I think it also seems that there are only 3 dialogue options: aggressive, diplomatic and sarcastic( what do you mean with that? )

If the CP has to prevent war at all costs while the player can choose to be aggressive all the time won't that lead to war?

Aggressive and diplomatic options are clear to me ( good / evil kinda options)
What has sarcasm for input? ( some sort of neutral option?)
even though if it neutral what is the meaning behind it?

I it also a bit difficult for me hehe, I am trying to "live" into your story so I can see the picture better.

The CP wants to make peace, she can wage diplomacy, marry( only once I assume xD) and negotiate.
Nothing about intrique? assassinations? false promises?
perhaps I am totally at a wrong place with my mind now xD.

What about the surrounding kingdoms? Are the crownprinceses Izac and Malroy both a prince of such kingdom?

If yes then why would both want to wage war?
Malroy loves the people he doesn't want to wage war, Izac is a bit mysterious he could be a potentional guy to wage war. Akil certainly doesn't want war it seems.

It is a good start, but you need to improve on it I believe ( or perhaps you already have and you don't want to show) in that case ignore my sentence :P.

About the Logo I should get rid of the purple background.
that purple is to bright for a assumed sad story.

the characters are a bit awkward for me compared to the plot. then again I have to play it to actually see it xD.

Izac is my favourite right now, he has a bit of a mysterious side.
Then again I like a bit of mystery :P.

Hope that I could have helped you a bit!

Erik

ChibiShock
Projects: It's Complicated
Deviantart: ChibiShock

#3 Post by ChibiShock »

I love the sound of this! I'll be so excited when it comes out!

The story's quite interesting, and I'm waiting to see the struggles the protagonist goes through in order to achieve her goal. I really like the stubbornness of the character, since trying to obtain peace with a push-over personality would be kind of unrealistic.

The characters are all likable in different ways, but I think my favorite is probably Akil, since he's been with the main character for a long time. I have a thing for friend(or enemy as the case may be)-turn-romance-interest type stories. I like how he's personable in the way that he doesn't just agree to whatever the princess says, and teases her in pretty much the same way my friends and I tease each other.

I really like the logo, I think that it's a good contrast to the title. If you made it any darker it would look slightly morbid, which I doubt is the look you're going for.

The sketch you have for Akil is really good, so I'm excited to see the rest of the game when it's done.

Looks good so far! Good luck! :D

Angie
Regular

#4 Post by Angie »

1. Premise sounds pretty interesting, though, probably it could use a bit more spice.
I am not so sure what you mean by these three choices of her character as well, so it would be nice if you could explain it a bit more clearly?
2.I hope for character development of Princess.
3.Characters seem to be nicely detailed and with different personalities, like they should be. My personal favorite is Akil.
4.I would change the color of the text (black seems to be too strong for me)
5.Only that I can't wait for the release!

I wish you good luck with that! I'll be looking forward to playing that game :)
Writer | PL-ENG/ENG-PL translator| Renpy Coder