Jared [Mystery], [GxB]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

Jared [Mystery], [GxB]

#1 Post by dreamy »

[Removed]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by dreamy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:08 am, edited 11 times in total.
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

dreamy
Regular

Re: Jared [Mystery-murder], [Romance/Otome], [Slice-of-life?

#2 Post by dreamy »

Hi!
To update everyone on the progress, here's a short excerpt of the prologue of Jared:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's dark in here. All I see is an endless vision of black. I don't remember a time where I felt more blind in my life...Without anything to see, I remain motionless in the small closet. I hope they won't find me...
How long do I have I stayed like this? Maybe they're gone. Maybe I can leave! No! I can't move! I must stay still. I'll never know, they may come back.
It's dark in here. And very, very... Quiet, peaceful... All I can hear is the sound of my own heartbeat and my heavy pants of breath echoing in the empty air. It seems so loud right now... I feel so cold...have I ever felt this cold before? Maybe I have... Will I be able to keep this up?What was that?
"Look over there! She must be here somewhere!"
Oh no! They're in here. I push myself against the back of this closet hoping that a hole would swallow me up. I cover my mouth, letting out pants of breath uncontrollably. Is this chase going to end? Will I die here? All I can do now is to clasp my hands and hope-
No!
I slowly release my hands from my mouth and open my eyes. Hope! Can I really rely on hope after all that has happened? No! Not now! Come on! I can here them coming closer! They will find me soon and once they do-
"She's here!"
End of Excerpt (hehehe)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by dreamy on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

burnt_offering
Regular
Completed: The Stroke of Midnight
Organization: Ace Of Spades
IRC Nick: burnt_offering or TheTapDancer
itch: aceofspadesvn

#3 Post by burnt_offering »

I like the idea, but there are a few things I'm not sure about.
Firstly, does it need to be an otome? It sounds like a darker plotline would suit it better. Unless you're going for serious yandere i guess.
Secondly, how does the protagonist do things? It seems like dragging yourself into a famous organisation when you're being hunted by government would just attract attention.

Lexi
Regular

#4 Post by Lexi »

1. I think the plot is fairly interesting because there's so much you can do with it!
2. I really love the idea but how would you make it believable, seeing that its a world which is created?
3. Nope, I think your characters have a personality which is different from each other's, which I like to find in games!
4. It has to be the main character Hope for me.
5. Yes, I can't wait to see how the characters look like if you ever decide to become serious with this game and develop it more :)

dreamy
Regular

#5 Post by dreamy »

Hi!
@burnt offering:
I like the idea, but there are a few things I'm not sure about.
Firstly, does it need to be an otome? It sounds like a darker plotline would suit it better. Unless you're going for serious yandere i guess.
Well, I have a reason for making it otome, it plays a bit of a role in the whole story.
Secondly, how does the protagonist do things? It seems like dragging yourself into a famous organisation when you're being hunted by government would just attract attention.
Oh yes I forgot to mention: the public will not be aware of the fact Hope is working there. However, I don't understand what you mean by "protagonist do things" :?
@Lexi:
1. I think the plot is fairly interesting because there's so much you can do with it!
2. I really love the idea but how would you make it believable, seeing that its a world which is created?
3. Nope, I think your characters have a personality which is different from each other's, which I like to find in games!
4. It has to be the main character Hope for me.
5. Yes, I can't wait to see how the characters look like if you ever decide to become serious with this game and develop it more :)
Haha thanks :D I haven't really thought much on making the story believable, thanks for pointing it out! I'll work on that!

dreamy
Regular

#6 Post by dreamy »

Hi!
It's been a while since I've updated. Well, just to let everyone know that there is progress ongoing for Jared, it's just a bit slow...
Anywho...back to the main topic!
We've got a finalized logo done by the amazing Anne:
jared (2).png
There is a rough concept of Hope, done by Dalya!
2.jpg
I'm planning to set up a website with more updates on this game (and also future projects if I ever plan to have any) but for now, I'll update this site regularly
More updates will be coming soon...

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#7 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Looking good ^^ keep up the great work, I'll be watching and waiting!
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

dreamy
Regular

#8 Post by dreamy »

Hi everybody!
Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been busy for a while. Just to announce that Hope's sprite has finally be finished, done by the awesome Dalya!
Also, we're in the middle of setting up and customizing our official site.
Stay tuned!

dreamy
Regular

Re: Jared [Mystery], [GxB] [Update 23/6]

#9 Post by dreamy »

It's been way too long for an update, hasn't it? :shock:
The plot of the story had to go through some heavy revisions and the events in the story have slightly changed. Also, I'm not sure how long the game will be, there's currently an unedited 20K words in the script (which is about 3/4 the common route) so I'm predicting 1-3 hours gameplay per playthrough? (I'm not that good with estimation) :roll:

Sorry, I couldn't put too many art updates Dalya, the artist for this project, is busy with Hope and Scarlet's sprite sets at the moment and I may put up concepts of the other characters in the meantime. Hopefully, in the next post there will be more art-related news.

Look forward to our next (hopefully less bleak) update :)