I Dream of Brighter Days [Sci-fi/Mystery/Psychological]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
burnt_offering
Regular
Completed: The Stroke of Midnight
Organization: Ace Of Spades
IRC Nick: burnt_offering or TheTapDancer
itch: aceofspadesvn

I Dream of Brighter Days [Sci-fi/Mystery/Psychological]

#1 Post by burnt_offering »

Synopsis:
A young journalist is about to have an interview with a world famous reclusive scientist. When she reaches the facility, a power outage traps her in the building with 4 people. As they try to escape, they notice that things are amiss.
And when she goes to sleep, her surroundings suddenly change.

This is a puzzle-oriented visual novel with a heavy focus on character and a sizeable amount of MF.
It's not an eroge, however contains strong language, gore and adult themes.
This is also very much NOT a romance novel. The routes are character based but the mass majority of characters are not romance interests.
Also, this is a non-commercial project.

At the moment, we have a writer and two programmers. The game is still in early stages. The game engine is largely designed (we aren't using Ren'Py, my programmers insisted on writing in Java), although the puzzle sequences are yet to be worked out, and the script so far contains about 5000 words. We are in serious need of an artist but have been asking around and do not have the budget to pay very much.

Also this is my first project, so apologies if this post doesn't contain enough information.

dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

Re: I Dream of Brighter Days [Sci-fi/Mystery/Psychological]

#2 Post by dreamy »

Hi!
Hmm...the story sounds quite interesting! It will be interesting to see more on the game. I also like how there will also be puzzles in it, it will be fun trying to solve it. I'll be looking forward to updates :)
Good luck :D
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

kikcac

#3 Post by kikcac »

If you still need an artist I'm available right now, you can check my post here for more information. Your story sounds quite interesting. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 6&p=319677

zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

#4 Post by zankizuna »

there you have, a great artist :) this will be a good VN if it continues. probably.

burnt_offering
Regular
Completed: The Stroke of Midnight
Organization: Ace Of Spades
IRC Nick: burnt_offering or TheTapDancer
itch: aceofspadesvn

#5 Post by burnt_offering »

kikcac wrote:If you still need an artist I'm available right now, you can check my post here for more information. Your story sounds quite interesting. http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 6&p=319677
Sorry to be so long to reply, I've actually picked up an artist already, so I sort of stopped reading this...
I should probably set up a works in progress page.
[url]http:\\aceofspades@vnovel.com[/url]
Or just follow me at @AceOfSpades_VN