Heu Ryon [BxB][Fantasy, Action, Romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
WagashiTeam
Projects: Heu Ryon
Deviantart: wagashientertainment

Heu Ryon [BxB][Fantasy, Action, Romance]

#1 Post by WagashiTeam »

Genre : Fantasy, Yaoi, Romance, Mystery, Smut (I think?) and a bit of Comedy
Rating : Mature

Hi! It's me, Akira of Wagashi Team. Wow, it's been long since we had posted or even updated anything. Apparently, we scrapped our previous work in progress because our writer was gone. And as we all know the writers are the foundations of a visual novel (Ha-ha.)

Anyway, I have started this new project, Heu Ryon (pronounced yuryon). I'm working on this one alone (Wagashi Team is currently a one man team because they're all on hiatus -cries-), so all the pressure's on me. I sooo want to finish this one so I've been working as much as I can each day. It's also my first time working on something with a mature rating. I've always wanted to do this. But I didn't have a laptop before so I cannot work privately. Who would want someone watching you while you're drawing yaoi? I wouldn't want that. So I got myself a laptop.

Sorry, I can't really post any of the sprites yet, since they're still sketches hhh And I'm still having problems with the GUI because I suck at GUIs! But I'll still do my best.
Well enough of that. XD Let's get to the plot and the characters.

PLOT
After the murder of the fiftieth sage and the destruction of the sacred crystal of peace, Heu Ryon faced turmoil that has never been encountered in the past 2000 years since its creation. A surge in the amount of crime occurred, and foreign relations became unstable. Due to these, the kingdom lost its morale and its economy flunked dramatically. But that was not the worse of the problems.
The protagonist, Ovid, was a demigod who serves the queen. He was called upon to carry out the mission of revealing the sage’s murderer’s identity and restoring the crystal that has been destroyed. However, it must be executed in secret — for there were eyes and ears everywhere that might lead to great danger. Ovid takes action in order to save the kingdom, but there is a bigger conflict that would hinder him from doing so…

THE CHARACTERS

Okay, so in this VN, there will be our hero (the absolute bottom haha), 5 pursue-able characters, 1 antagonist, and 3-5 extra characters.
I'm thinking about having voice actors, but I don't know anyone who'd be willing to voice the R18 parts haha so maybe that's a bad idea after all.
Finally, I'm done with the pursue-able characters' sprites- ta-da!

Ovid

He is the main protagonist of the game, which you will be playing. He is a demigod who wields the power of the earth. His mother was an earth deity, who crumbled upon giving birth to him. Due to this, he was believed to be a cursed child. He never met his father, who was a gardener in the castle. He has been living in the castle to serve the queen ever since he was born.

Ovid is an honest person who likes expressing his thoughts and feelings, especially when he is happy or when he is really mad. He usually trusts his intuition and acts on his own, which sometimes lead him to the wrong direction. He sometimes hesitates to ask help from others, but readily accepts if offered so.

Statistics
Height : 173 cm (5’8”)
Weight : 65 kg (143 lbs)
Birthday : May 15, Taurus
Blood Type : O

Israel

Israel claims to be a normal citizen of Chanzen (a neighboring kingdom), though he actually has shaman powers, which he hides due to the fact that shamans were believed to be evil. However, what people did not know is that there is another kind of shamans – the white shamans, who channel spirits not only to heal different kinds of physical and psychological illnesses but also to retrieve lost powers and forgotten memories. Some of them can also foresee the future. Israel was the last one of them and has all of the abilities that a white shaman can obtain. He is wearing a gold dangle earring with a purple jade, which transforms into a golden dagger when removed.

He mostly spends his time tending the herbs in his garden or reading poetry. He values knowledge and beauty greatly and sets a high standard for things. He experiences difficulty in expressing himself, but can easily perceive others, though he never shows any interest about it. He easily changes his mind if he’s interested in the situation or person, and he easily shows distaste by furrowing his eyebrows all the time if he doesn’t like something or someone.

Statistics
Height : 183 cm (6’0”)
Weight : 75 kg (165 lbs)
Birthday : September 30, Libra
Blood Type : B

Gevon

Gevon is a researcher from the foreign land of Eunett who travels around the world in a ship to study the history, geography, beliefs and culture of different lands. He also studies naval artillery as advanced technology, which he applies in order to improve his ship and stop pirates from invading them whenever they are sailing. He keeps a revolver and a pistol as his weapons of preference.

Gevon is a very dependable person. He is greatly admired by his crew for his sense of responsibility and strong will. He is a good leader who puts others’ feelings and safety before himself. He is very hospitable and has a good sense of humor, though he lacks some common sense. He is least likely to give up and will pursue and get what he wants in any way he can.

Statistics
Height : 193 cm (6’4”)
Weight : 87 kg (192 lbs)
Birthday : August 20, Leo
Blood Type : A

Kerosche

Kerosche was a stray Mistrath Dragon. Mistrath Dragons are rare types of dragon shifters that cannot breathe fire or ice but can produce powerful gusts of wind using their strong wings. Ovid found him in his dragon form, severely wounded and nursed him back to health. He refused to leave Ovid’s side and he has been his companion ever since. Ovid never knew what he is, and he has never shown his human form. He disliked being a human because he finds it uncomfortable.

As a dragon, Kerosche is usually asleep and wakes up only when Ovid is around. He likes it when he strokes his head. He shows his affection by wrapping his wing around Ovid.

As a person, he likes sleeping with his head on Ovid’s lap or with his hand on Ovid’s waist. He is usually cheerful and acts like a child, which Ovid points out as “inappropriate for his size”. Even so, he is a very loyal and protective person, who is a bit of an airhead.

Statistics
Height : Human – 193 cm (6’4”)
Dragon – Height: 305 cm (10”), Length: 975 cm (32”)
Weight : 90 kg (198 lbs)
Birthday : December 03, Sagittarius
Blood Type : Unknown

Shōji

Shōji is Ovid’s childhood enemy. He was born in the far land of Kurosawa and later on moved to live with his mother in Heu Ryon. His mother was a friend of Ovid’s mother, though he never got to meet her because she “crumbled” before he was born. His mother always brings him to the castle to play with Ovid, though all they did was fight. He disliked the other boy because he believed the rumors about him being a “cursed child”. As he grew up, he realized the truth that they were just mere rumors and since then he started avoiding Ovid as he was embarrassed by his rash behavior when they were kids.

Shōji always does and says what he wants, which constantly brings him into fights. He has a short temper and once he gets mad, he is unstoppable. He likes proving that he is strong, tough and can stand on his own, therefore concealing feelings of fear, loneliness, happiness and affection. He easily gets embarrassed if someone shows him some affection and uses his anger to hide it.

Statistics
Height : 188 cm (6’2”)
Weight : 78 kg (172 lbs)
Birthday : September 09, Virgo
Blood Type : B

Yue

Yue is a moon deity who is the son of the goddess of heavenly bodies. He was believed to grant a wish to anybody who worships him, therefore making him a deity loved by people. He never followed the heavenly goddess’ orders though, and in order to discipline him, he was sent to the earth. Since then, he started mingling with humans, only to kill them and obtain their spirits, which he puts in a jar made from stars. He needed to collect enough spirits to fill the jar, and then he can go back to his home, the heaven.

He is often seen with his eyes closed, sitting at the front of his shrine. He is cold towards everybody, and will never hesitate to attack anyone who tries to come near his shrine without any offering. He rarely talks to anyone, and usually speaks in a poetical manner, as if he was reciting riddles. He has a wish that he cannot grant to himself, for he does not have the power to do so, and was hoping that someday it would be granted.

Statistics
Height : 178 cm (5’10”)
Weight : Unknown
Birthday : October 01, Libra
Blood Type : Unknown

PROGRESS
[May 9] I haven't had much progress with the art since I focused on writing the script first.
I can't really say how much the script's percentage is, since I'm not so sure how long it will be, but as of now I have 30,000+ words. So far, how long is that? I think I'm halfway through the story.
[May 16] I'm kinda newb to this forums, and I just discovered the adult section today. I think Heu Ryon can be considered as one, and once I make enough progress, I'll move this thread to that section.

Script : -
Sprites : About 8%
BGs : 3%
CGs : About 5%
Programming: About 5%

CG Sample:
Last edited by WagashiTeam on Sat May 24, 2014 10:42 am, edited 13 times in total.

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

Re: Heu Ryon [BxB][Fantasy, Romance]

#2 Post by Lesleigh63 »

I hope you get this finished, because I like the sound of the characters and you have lovely art. I would really like to play this.

WagashiTeam

Re: Heu Ryon [BxB][Fantasy, Romance]

#3 Post by WagashiTeam »

Lesleigh63 wrote:I hope you get this finished, because I like the sound of the characters and you have lovely art. I would really like to play this.
Thank you very much! I'll do my best.

WagashiTeam

Re: Heu Ryon [BxB][Fantasy, Action, Romance]

#4 Post by WagashiTeam »

Bigger view of the messy character sketch o 7 o
Attachments
Capture.PNG

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#5 Post by Anne »

I really like Ovid's design

WagashiTeam

#6 Post by WagashiTeam »

Finally done with Israel's sprite! 1 down, 8 (and counting) to go. And I think I'll have a hard time with Yue's and Kerosche's. Dem detailed guys.
Attachments
Israel Sprite.png

WagashiTeam

#7 Post by WagashiTeam »

AAABBBBBBSSSS
Attachments
Gevon Sprite.png

WagashiTeam

#8 Post by WagashiTeam »

Done with Kerosche :V
Attachments
Kerosche Sprite.png

Alliwalli

#9 Post by Alliwalli »

Ahh, I love the vibrance of your art! ;v; I wish you the best of luck with this.

WagashiTeam

#10 Post by WagashiTeam »

Alliwalli wrote:Ahh, I love the vibrance of your art! ;v; I wish you the best of luck with this.
Thank you, Alliwalli. I really appreciate that. (* ' v ` *)

WagashiTeam

#11 Post by WagashiTeam »

...Happy Birthday Ovid! ಥ⌣ಥ

WagashiTeam

#12 Post by WagashiTeam »

One more and the pursue-able character sprites would be complete~
Attachments
Yue Sprite.png

Broodelin
Regular
Completed: A Harder Battle
Projects: Too many to list

#13 Post by Broodelin »

This looks really awesome so far. I can't wait for your continued progress! :)

If you ever need help, feel free to ask!

cutemia123

#14 Post by cutemia123 »

your characters look good. I'll look forward to this game

WagashiTeam

#15 Post by WagashiTeam »

Broodelin wrote:This looks really awesome so far. I can't wait for your continued progress! :)

If you ever need help, feel free to ask!
wow, thank you for the kind offer! I'll do, maybe in the future.
cutemia123 wrote:your characters look good. I'll look forward to this game
Thank you very much for the kind comment! ;v;