Failure

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
VerdeICe
Regular

Failure

#1 Post by VerdeICe »

You play as an unknown creature. Watching the world for hundreds of years. Born around 1817. I had more written down, but my premise was deleted. F#ck. You have no idea what you are or how you came to be, perfectly content with the idea of being meant for nothing. Most of the start of the game is trying not to be seen and watching people and there stories. Man advanced very quickly, it is now year 3014.

Long story short, you kill yourself because you can no longer hide from man and wake up strapped to a cold slab of steel. A scientist injecting something into you. He is morbid. Also you work with a robot he created fight off some kind off a corrupt underground world and hide from the government.

Scientist found you dead in the street while on his walk in dark alleys to siphon organs from drunks.

Thinkin you meet the GrimReaper every time you die. The first time you die he tells you there is no soul for him to take and he points to an empty void telling you this is the only fate he has to offer you.

He says something different each time you die.

End Game, you find out what you are.

Genre: Horror, supernatural, Scifi.

10-14 endings. Most of them bad.

Game inspired by these songs.

Pick by your Most liked genre of music I guess lol.

Rock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh2rPGBSamE&feature=kp

ChipTune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS8L-sWoOI0&feature=kp

IDONTKNOWGENRE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxXSseISw6E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJcd79RUmOw

F@#K I thought I had more genres. OH WELL.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some crappy incomplete concepts. To lazy to color. Project Destined to fail.
Attachments
Girl.jpg
LazyAsHell.jpg
Robot.jpg
Scientist.jpg

peppermintdragon

Re: Failure

#2 Post by peppermintdragon »

wow... sounds pretty cool O_O but it would be more interested if provided more details about it.
My WIP project: Hallow Mystery.
Check it out!
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=26120

VerdeICe
Regular

Re: Failure

#3 Post by VerdeICe »

Art is probably going to look like this in-game. Mostly because its faster for me to get done then... you know the nicer lookin stuff. (even still it takes forever... Bamboo is destroyed, have to do everything with touch mouse T_T). NO the game will not play like an RPG. It will play more like the Ace Attorney games. If your wondering... Im thinking of making it a boss of some kind , they are small so they swarm in pacts. Gathering information, sneaking into facilities and hacking computers. Can instantly transfer data between one another at any distance. Maybe making them hard to shoot, increased speed. They screech really loud, annoying. They will have the most satisfying death screech.

OH... Uhh maybe I should have animated it before posting... but the design is not final so I didn't want to put in the extra effort. NO one else is really complete to post up, mostly because of all the stuff I got to do for the project that don't involve the art stuff.

Game-play will be like a stealth, puzzle, shooter.

Ahhh I should probably post a better description of the game as asked; uhhh well ok.

You start the game waking up in an unusual building with no memories. Location is undecided. Anyway, you leave and explore... this part will teach how to move about the world, clicking the Bg to go to place to place. Decided the time period will be 1800 something during the start. Can see in the dark, Im thinking about making pitch black look unusual though... like you know night vision goggles. Your eyes can see heat too I guess. Anyway you are fascinated by humans; so you watch them; they frighten you though, you have a phobia of humans so you never try to interact with them, this part of the game will teach the stealth portion to the player early on. Depending on the person who finds you it can result in death. If not you must spend some of the game play hiding in locations (this will teach you how to hid behind objects in the BG.)

You kinda do this, watching people and their stories. You will get to chose the important decisions that they have to make. This will make their life good or bad. Your decisions will affect the people in the next gen. You will jump around different time periods. When you get to the far future around year 3000 you.... well I haven't decided exactly how that will play out yet.

The future will implement more of the shooting aspects though. There is a crime organization you got to fight though... why? I don't know yet.

Death is not final in the game... but it will lead to a different ending if you die enough times. Also dying is the only way to interact with the GrimReaper. Sometimes you will get useful information from him. Remember though, there is a 5% chance you will ACTUALLY die.

Ahhh this project... I'm actually starting to really like it. It will take forever though... because its going to be really long.