Royalty Revealed [Friendship][GxB?][updated 26/04/2014]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

Royalty Revealed [Friendship][GxB?][updated 26/04/2014]

#1 Post by kukiko-tan »

He who is faithful in a very little thing is faithful also in much; and he who is unrighteous in a very little thing is unrighteous also in much.
- Luke 16:10
Once upon a time, amidst a post-war context, a young girl pursues the dream of coloring the lands on which grumpiness, lack of fellowship, of faith and of smiles has befallen.
Nonetheless, is this an easy path? Is this as simple as it sounds? Won't she better mind her own business and take care of her own matters?
Life is being hard on everyone, including her. Will she stay true to her principles or mingle with the others? Is there any reward for faithfulness or punishment for lack of it?
Turn the pages and we shall see.

Valeria Pratt
The protagonist of the story. An overally phlegmatic, friendly lady who tends to dream big but can get discouraged quite easily.
She and her mother were supported a lot by the work done by her father, a woodcutter, which has now died in the war. But wait! Not only them, but pretty much everybody, even the rich ones have a harsh pat on the back from the consequences of war. What makes it even harder for Melany to get over her father's death are the gloomy faces, rants of people all around who blame whatever stands ahead of their eyes: the heavens, the king, the dogs, the grass...Try to be optimist. Just try. Can you?
Dude Lawrey
A one-of-a-kind young human specimen who is honestly in love with everything related to cleaning. The broom is his soul-mate. He's full of passion and pretty much nothing can stop him from being the Master of Cleaning.
He's also one of the victims of the war. He and his family (mother, father, a bigger brother and a bigger sister) lost their home and while they're looking for a new one, they stay under Melany's roof.

Prince Dimitri
A young man who's hiding a way quirkier personality behind the mask of a composed person.
He seeks to help in any way he can to recover the state in which his people are. One of the things he does is to come up with a ball in which anyone can join, no matter the social status. However, behind the reason of enlightening the people with a bit of fun, he's also looking for something else...

- - - - - - - - - Work-in-Progress - - - - - - - - - - - - - ->
Outline of the story: The main ideas are all laid down
Script: 0%
Art: some sketches of the characters
Characters: I have a pretty good idea of how they'll all be
Sound & Music: 0%
GUI & Programming: 0%

Those aren't the only characters 8'D...I've still got to add Dude's familyy (they'll play an important role)! And a few others, I guess. I'll add them later 8')

Interrogation Time!
-> Does it seem interesting? a)If so, what makes it interesting? b)If not, what makes it boring?
Last edited by kukiko-tan on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Re: Royalty Revealed [Friendship][GxB?]

#2 Post by Fenrir34 »

Sounds like a really sad story :( . So I take it that the whole world is devastated by the war? Also, is there romance in this or is it just a slice-of-life story that you can change depending on what you chose? I think that be kind of cool actually :) . Not many people do that. But if there is romance I'd still play

And yes, I find this game interesting. What makes it interesting is that I want to see how Melany fights through all the problems and achieves her dream.

Good luck with this game. Hope to see it in works in progress soon :mrgreen:

kukiko-tan
Regular

#3 Post by kukiko-tan »

Fenrir34 wrote:Sounds like a really sad story :( . So I take it that the whole world is devastated by the war? Also, is there romance in this or is it just a slice-of-life story that you can change depending on what you chose? I think that be kind of cool actually :) . Not many people do that. But if there is romance I'd still play

And yes, I find this game interesting. What makes it interesting is that I want to see how Melany fights through all the problems and achieves her dream.

Good luck with this game. Hope to see it in works in progress soon :mrgreen:
Thank you very much 8') I'm a bit shy adding my stuff to works-in-progress because...well, I have no idea when I've got the time to work on it and I don't like being on hiatus for a long time. Maybe I would add it there when I'm at least half-way done with it or somewhere around that point.
Yep, everybody's in trouble :(. Some were affected directly (as in, they took part in the army and got back horrified by what they've seen and suffered) or indirectly (a member of their family took part in army and that affected them or simply that the taxes were raised in order to get money to deal with the damages).
I'm pretty much sure there'll be romance :wink: ...As for slice-of-life...I'll give it some thought 8'D.
I'm glad you find it interesting >v<)b I'll do my best not to disappoint you! And thank you!

kukiko-tan
Regular

#4 Post by kukiko-tan »

I've changed Melany's name into Valeria, slightly changed her design and decided this would work as the art style...I guess? What do you guys think? 8'D