Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Desire [BxB] [18+]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
RVB
Regular
Organization: Brat Prince Productions
Deviantart: aambrosio

Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Desire [BxB] [18+]

#1 Post by RVB »

A Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters inspired BL, Action-Adventure Visual Novel
It's been seven years since the Ceremonial Battle between Yugi Mutou and his counterpart, the Pharaoh Atem whom had been hailed as King of Games during his time in Japan. However, when Kaiba Seto creates a virtual replica in his likeness to continue their rivalry even after all those years... something goes awry.

*~*YGO!DD PLOT*~*
Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Desire is a Visual Novel game inspired by the YGO series and the ship "Prideshipping", a relationship between the characters Kaiba Seto and Yami (Dark) Yugi. There is no intent to sell this game! It is merely a labor of love for the Yu-Gi-Oh BL fandom to enjoy a well-put-together Visual Novel, and for the current writer and artist to show off our skills!

The main plot of the story is that Kaiba Seto has created a Virtual Simulation of the once-existing Yami no Yugi (Pharaoh Atem), and plays games with it day-after-day, seeking the challenge he once had while its inspiration was still in Japan. However, the AI is only as intelligent as Kaiba can make it, and eventually stakes claim over his victory over-and-over again. He's become addicted to winning against his long-time rival, and the penalty game for Yami losing isn't as innocent as one would think.

However, a strange virus has taken over the virtual reality system, and Kaiba finds it is none other than some alternate version of Yami: confident, strong... much like the rival he had lost so many years ago. As a penalty game for Kaiba's perversions upon his visage, this Virus!Yami challenges Kaiba to a series of games, and if he loses... his consciousness will be banished to the virtual world forever, while his body rots in a coma for the rest of his life.

You play Kaiba, and help assist him out of the virtual world by means of locating clues, making the right choices, death-defying virtual feats, and challenging the King of Games himself, Yami no Yugi. And if you die in the virtual world... don't expect to see the light of day again!

This VN is rated 18+ for sexual themes, yaoi, and violence.

*~*CURRENT PROGRESS*~*
In Writing:
Currently, the 1st Chapter has been written out. 2nd Chapter is in progress.
Ch.1 Word count: 1000+

Current Art:
Currently, character design is in progress.

This is what we believe will be Virus!Yami's appearance in-game.
Its still a rough sketch, but so far I'm very honored to be working with such a talented artist!

*~*HOPES AND ASPIRATIONS*~*
We're a team of two, the artist and myself, the writer. I've played lots of VNs, while the artist has not. She's basically being amazing and doing what I tell her to do.

This is a labor of love, so of course we're not getting payed for it... but if we get any kind of assistance, I would certainly like to pay a little for some extra help. I've been to a few panels (one hosted by the amazing SakeVisual at a local convention) on how to use Ren'Py, but to be honest its rather intimidating. I'm better suited off writing.

In the future, we will be looking for:
Ren'Py Engine Programmer (unless I figure it out myself)
Voice Actors (for Yami and Kaiba. Please note this work is 18+)

As I'm the current director, you will mainly be working with myself. If you have any interest in these positions, let me know va PM or my tumblr, which is on my profile! I'm more looking for people who will assist just for the love of the Yu-Gi-Oh! series, but hey, I understand that money talks. This whole story is in Kaiba's POV after all. But someone who is looking for a chance to show off their programming skills as a first-timer and have something to show under their belt, who is in the same boat a we are, would be great!

If you have any questions, comments, interests in this project, comment below or send a PM! I'd love to chat with you! I send you off with some of my own art!
****FOR ANYONE FOLLOWING****
****ONCE STORY HAD EXTENDED BEYOND IDEA PHASE, IT WILL BE MOVED TO THE ADULT SECTION!****