Vessel [GxB] [Modern || Fantasy || PG-16]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Pox Tea
Projects: Vessel

Vessel [GxB] [Modern || Fantasy || PG-16]

#1 Post by Pox Tea »

veѕѕel
(New logo to be added)
Update:

Wow, okay, so it has been quite a while. I apologize to those who were interested in this project of mine. I found myself overwhelmed by the size of what I had imagined for this game. Eventually I started to dislike working on the script, which in turn made me hate everything I was writing (not even going to start talking about the assets).

Eventually I fizzled and left the project to sit. I've come back now. I know, I know, two years is a long time to be away from a project. Well, I've had quite a few changes in my life, including a new career with much less stress. I really want this idea of mine to become something I can share with others. So, I am proclaiming my determination for this here!

I'm doing a complete re-do on the script work so far (I've made some changes). Any art present will be made by me unless someone wants to join in with the creative chaos. Since that's the case, though, it will be very different from the concept art Disciple had made for me.

I'm deleting most of what is here and will re-make things for my new, refreshed vision.
Thank you kindly!

ploт

The tale told here is not always happy. It is not always miserable either.
We follow our heroine, as it were, a young woman seeking to rebuild her life in the city that once ruined it.
She seeks peace of mind, to face her demons, and to truly move on from a traumatic past.
What she finds is only chaos of a different brand than she is used to.

ғeaтυreѕ
4 Different Routes to explore
Not every Route will have a 'happy' end
A mature, if twisted, story
To be determined
To be determined

genre
Modern || Fantasy || Mature

raтιng
16 + || Language, sexual situations, and violence

cнaracтerѕ
Extremely rough draft concept
Main Character:
Our protagonist is a twenty-four year old woman with a traumatic past. Its made her rather rough around the edges, stubborn, and sarcastic . . . but she honestly wants to better herself. She tries, pushing through the pain of whatever is thrown her way to keep moving forward.

Vel:
Vel is the twin brother of, you guessed it, Vel. Even their personalities are similar. Both are playful, almost to extremes. They are energetic, noisy, and all around out of their minds.

Minor Characters

Name: John Wright
John is the closest thing to a father our protagonist has ever had. He took in a spiteful, abused kid and loved her like his own daughter. A strict but warm man, he is a strong believer that hard work breeds good behavior. Guess it must be true to some extent.

Name: Jack Burke
Jack is the owner of a bar named 'Hopps'

Name: Hugh Rook
The head bartender at 'Hopps'.
wrιтer - owner : poх тea
arтιѕт : still me, sorry :P

oυтlιne progreѕѕ
Chapter 1-3 %
Route %
Route %
Route %
Route %

ѕcrιpт progreѕѕ
Prologue: %
Chapter 1: %
Chapter 2: %
Chapter 3: %
Chapter 4 0%
Chapter 5: 0%
Chapter 6: 0%
Chapter 7: 0%
Chapter 8: 0%
Chapter 9: 0%
Chapter 10: 0%

Current Word Count: To be determined
Last edited by Pox Tea on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 65 times in total.

Heartstrings
Regular
Projects: Currently Unnamed Project

Re: Vessel [GxB] [Modern|| Fantasy]

#2 Post by Heartstrings »

This is certainly an interesting idea. Do we find out why she was chosen to the the vessel? Also, I'm confused as to why the hydra looks like a person. Do they change form? This seems like a bit of an ambitious project, but if you can pull it off, I definitely think it has the potential to be pretty cool!

Pox Tea

#3 Post by Pox Tea »

Thank you for the kind words ^^
Yes, there will definitely be a more in depth explanation of why she's the vessel and for quite a few other things as well.
As for the different forms, they have to change appearance when crossing into the human realm to ensure that humanity doesn't discover the truth, which is why the main character is a problem to many of them.

I do feel like it's a bit much when I look at it as a whole, but I hope that by just taking it one step at a time I'll get there eventually :3

Heartstrings
Regular
Projects: Currently Unnamed Project

#4 Post by Heartstrings »

Cool, well good luck, I'll be sure to follow the progress of this story!

Pox Tea

Re: Vessel [GxB] [Modern || Fantasy || PG-16]

#5 Post by Pox Tea »

The first character design has been added ~

Mad Harlequin
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Emma: A Lady's Maid (editor)
IRC Nick: MadHarlequin

#6 Post by Mad Harlequin »

I remember glancing at this thread a while ago, but for some reason I never got around to posting. It's time to remedy that.

I'm really intrigued by the concept. I love the idea of different world mythologies coexisting, and you've figured out a great way to make it work! This is exciting! :)

Kaine's design looks fantastic. I can't wait to see what the other characters look like!
Last edited by Mad Harlequin on Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm an aspiring writer and voice talent with a passion for literature and an unhealthy attachment to video games. I am also a seasoned typo-sniper. Inquiries are encouraged. Friendly chats are welcome.
"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."
— Mark Twain

Pox Tea

#7 Post by Pox Tea »

Thank you for the kind words ^^
It's an idea I've been mulling over for some time, so I'm happy to see that it's being well received.

I'll be adding the finalized designs as Disciple finishes them, but the sketches have all been wonderful ~

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#8 Post by Ran08 »

The art is really fantastic~
Hahaha, I may be a little bit biased here, but I'm sure this is gonna be really amazing! *winks*

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#9 Post by Akitsuki »

Oh, this picked my interest! The story sounds "unpleasant", but that's why I gotta try this when it's out!
The art looks nice as well! Gives me more reason to wait for it to finish. Good luck!

Pox Tea

#10 Post by Pox Tea »

Goodness, I'm rather slow aren't I?
(●´ω`●)ゞ

Thank you for your kind words Akitsuki ^^
Knowing that people are interested in this one helps give me the motivation to write faster
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)

Chapter one has been completed and I'm about 14 pages in on chapter 2. Progress ~

chaos

#11 Post by chaos »

i have to say, most otome games tend to be cute and comedy-based, so something darker and non-pg rated is a welcome change of pace. the art is awesome and the story is interesting; i'm going to await more updates :D

Aita

#12 Post by Aita »

Wowowow this looks oh so good! I'm a bit nervous about the rating though, I am far over sixteen but I'm squeamish and have the gore tolerance of a sheltered child (which I am lul).
The plot is what would make me get over than though! It sounds so interesting, and the main character sounds feisty! I like feisty for sure!
I hope she kicks some people, I know it's a mature story and this would probably get her killed in the veil, but she's probably going to get killed anyways. She might as well go down tryin' to put these guys in their place! I hope she never backs down or submits to any of them!
I see that happen far too much in darker otome games to be honest, the girl starts out feisty but then gets so wrapped up in her little 'crush' (more like obsession with a guy that wants to kill her) and doesn't fight anymore. I'm really hoping that this won't be that kind of game though ^^!
Good luck with this! I will await the release excitedly~

Erikka
Regular

#13 Post by Erikka »

I'm very interested in your project! It looks very special to me!)
It's hard to judge the art but Aser, Asar and Kaine look very handsome! I loved how you drew them)
I must admit that PG-16 is also a very big plus of this game because many players look for more mature story in otome games. So I'm very happy there is written
"mature, if twisted, story" ! :mrgreen:

A bit sad that "Not every Route will have a 'happy' end" but I hope that one of the 3 endings will have some sort of a happy end. I personally hate banal fluffy endings but I love when stories are finished in their own special happy ending.

I have lots of expectations from this project. I'm so tired of cute lovey-dovey otome. But your story sounds really cool and promising and I think the art is going to be great. I hope Jai and Leith are going to be as handsome as previous bachelors)) :mrgreen:
Wish you lots of luck and inspiration! From now on I will stalk this project. 8)
I hope my English wasn't very awful.

Pox Tea

#14 Post by Pox Tea »

Aita,

Thank you for the kinds words~
Although it has been some time since I updated anything, I'm still hard at work with the writing.
No worries about our protagonist turning to putty because of a crush. I'm very much against when a protagonist falls in love immediately and just gives in to whatever the guy does, so no need to worry about that; however, in some routes you will find that psychological pressure/torture goes a long way. I'm experimenting with a few rather . . . difficult subjects in this one and that's one of them.
The good news is that Eilis does kick someone fairly early on :P

Erikka,

I'm flattered you think my idea is special. Thank you.
As far as the 'happy' ends are concerned, it will really depend on how you look at it. Certain routes might feel doomed from the start but surprise you later on. Others may seem promising but then smack you in the face. I'm having fun with my diabolic plotting ^^
There will be some tender moments spread throughout the chapters. The thing that might be softening the overall atmosphere the most would be the route/character that I've kind of built up almost as comic relief since the other routes are all so. . . not so happy.

I do have some bad news though. I have not been able to contact Disciple, the person doing the art, since back in October. She was having some medical problems and lived in an area that wasn't exactly the safest. I'm afraid that something may have happened to her. So I'm not sure what to do as far the art and such goes, but I hope she's alright.

Erikka
Regular

#15 Post by Erikka »

I hope you will eventually reach your artist Disciple because she made very handsome characters. If not... in the worst case maybe you can try to look for somebody with alike art style?? I'm sure you can find somebody willing to participate in your project.
Hope to see some update in the future or at least get some news from you! :wink: