Crime • Scene (Mystery, Horror, Thriller)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Mirrowdothack
Regular
Completed: The Iron Heart Witch
Projects: Y;N, Crime•Scene

Crime • Scene (Mystery, Horror, Thriller)

#1 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Hello everybody.
Since Y;N is almost done, I'll introduce you to my next project: Project - reader. Reader - project. *I'm sure u will get along very good*. This time I'll work on my project in "public" via this wip-forum. I haven't done this before and I totally want to know what it's like to let people participating in a work right from the very start. So, I hope you will enjoy it *please have a seat^^

Ok, here we go. First, I'd love to give you some quick facts about this project, called:
Crime • Scene
"It may seem strange to hear this from a policeman, but my aim is to find a way so that people can die again."

Plot
17 year ago the "Tower of Babel" appeared. After this incident the inhabitants of Old Saint Harbor lost their ability to die naturally. Because of this "illness" (Athanasios) the town was quarantined and "The Golden Rules" were determined by the government.

What awaits you? What is my plan?
You will play as different characters.
You will follow their daily life (and their past) and you will follow them on their journey to find the truth behind the "Tower of Babel" and "Athanasios".
You will be confronted with different situations in which you can decide what you want to do (sometimes there won't be a "right" choice).
Depending on these decisions etc. there will be multiple endings.
The game will go on, no matter what you will choose or do.

Cast

Kanshiki, Taka
The hero of this story. A young policemen facing a cruel world. He is desperately trying to follow the footsteps of his deceased father to find a cure.

Shikai, Fukurō
Taka's assistant. A young woman caught between justice and loyalty.

Shiratori, Fukomo ("Shira")
Being jailed at the police station this loner is forced to work for his prison guards.

Hagetaka, Henka
Knowledge means everything to her. She doesn't care about anything else or anybody else until she suddenly has to.

Roo, Orihime
Like a bird in a cage: This young woman was never supposed to see the light.

etc. ... there are more ... ^^ (but you won't be playing each person from the cast^^)

I keep the information short on purpose because I'm interested in your thoughts.

Questions:
What do you expect from this game after reading this post?
Do you like the concept idea?
Does it sound interesting to you?
When you're done reading, are there any questions which come to your mind? Something you want this game and its story to answer?
Do you like the art style so far?

There are no "wrong" answers. (and of course: You don't have to answer everything.^^)I would be glad to hear your thoughts about this project so far.

some note:
- The art style will differ from Y;N: Why? - There is no real reason. I think it's just more fun to try out something new^^
- Will there be gameplay elements like in Y;N?: - I don't know this yet. I'll find out once I have written down the whole story. Right know there are fragments of important parts, but I need to fill the gaps first to tell you more about the gameplay^^
- How long will it take you to finish this game?: - Well, C•S is a bigger project than Y;N, so it will take it's time. Probably more than 6 months since this time I can't work on it all day long. But I will try my very best^^
- Will it be a free game?: - I guess: Yes. Right now there is no real reason why not. So, it will probably be for free. *another reason why it will take time to finish this^^
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 11 times in total.
My games:
Image Image

infel
Veteran
Projects: Mark's Story(BxB(Reach for the Stars(GxG), Mermaid Sonata(GxG,NaNo16), Black Dale-Curse of the Scarlet Witch(Semi Hiatus), A Few Secret Games
Tumblr: lunarwingsgames

Re: Crime • Scene (Mystery, Crime, Thriller)

#2 Post by infel »

1.I still don't know too much, but I'm hoping for some rather sad or weird endings. Don't know why. Just feels like it suits a game like this.

2-Cocept seems interesting, and it seems like a new style of gameplay.

3-Yes. The idea sounds interesting, and I'd play it when it came out. I like mystery and thriller games a lot, though I'm not the best at them when I play :lol:

4-I guess the only question I have is that is this going to have romance in it, or is the focus on the mustery. I'm fine with that, but I'm just wondering

5-The art looks really nice. It kind of looks like they could come out of a comic book if you ever did one. Good job with them
Please support my Twitter, Tumblr and Patreon

Patreon
https://www.patreon.com/user?u=885797&ty=h

Current Projects

A GxG game about overcoming your fears and growing up in an forever changing world. Also focuses on lesbian relationships and self image.

Mermaid Sonata- A game about mermaids, magic, and adventure

http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 50&t=37512

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#3 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Thank u so much for the feedback^^

@2 and 3: I'm trying to do my best so that no matter what you will do, the game will go on. So, people won't get stuck somewhere^^

@4: Yes, there will be romance parts since parts of the story focus on the daily life of the people, but I think the main part is about the mystery^^

@5: thank u so much♥ I'm happy to hear that the art looks good *since I'm not used to drawing this way, but I like the result so I'm trying as hard as I can
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

dreamy
Regular
Organization: Cloud9 Dreams
Tumblr: fey-en

#4 Post by dreamy »

The concept of this game sounds quite interesting and I do like playing through mystery games. It also looks like a dark themed visual novel. I like how we can play in the perspectives of different people because there's so much that can be done with it and it can be interesting seeing other people's thoughts and how they occur to different situations! Is it only that we play as the main characters or has that not been decided yet? I can't think of any other questions so far. I also like the art style even though it's different from Y;N, it seems to suit the story. Are my eyes playing teicks on me but are Taka's eyes both in different colours :shock:

Good luck with your project :D
"Listen to the silence, it's so blissful...
So calm down and listen..."

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#5 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Thank you^^.

I haven't decided yet, through whose eyes we will be able to play. It depends on how the story will go on, then I will choose the best and most interesting fit for the situation, I guess. And yes, you're absolutely right: Taka has different eye color on purpose, green and purple ^^
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#6 Post by Mirrowdothack »

A little WIP:

I'm currently trying to tame Orihime's hair XD

I hope I'll win, but her hair's DEF is really high ...
Last edited by Mirrowdothack on Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My games:
Image Image

KiloTango
Regular
Projects: The Lighthouse (NaNoReNo14)
Organization: Starship ★ Palindrome

#7 Post by KiloTango »

Yay new Mirrowthings! *_*

Also hell yeah supernatural mystery is the genre of KINGS.
ImageImageImage

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#8 Post by Ran08 »

I love mystery stories, so I would definitely give this a try. Haha.

I expect a riveting story concerning very thrilling, mysterious crime. Hahaha, kidding aside, hmm, as of now, nothing yet. Just surprise me! :)

Yeah. I do. From the "daily life" part, it kinda sounds like a slice of (very exciting) life, so... yep, I like it.

I am a fan of mystery, haha, so yes, it definitely sounds interesting to me. :)

When you're done reading, are there any questions which come to your mind? Something you want this game and its story to answer?
Can't think of any right now, but... I just want some good 'ol mystery here. :) It actually kinda reminds me of Ace Attorney/Professor Layton. Hahaha.

Yes! :) I don't know what's so different about it though. Haha. Nevertheless, it looks really nice. Besides, I don't really discriminate between art styles. :)

P.S. I love Orihime's third hair style! So cute. :)

Anyway, good luck with this project~

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#9 Post by Rossfellow »

I can't wait for this. I've finished your prior work and I'm hungry for more. Even if it ends up being commercial.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

#10 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

What do you expect from this game after reading this post? I suspect that you're planning this in an episode type of vn of simply long visual novel due to the complexity of crime and multiple endings.

Does it sound interesting to you? Yes definitely the switching between characters since it's different and immediately captures my attention!

When you're done reading, are there any questions which come to your mind? Something you want this game and its story to answer? --Will there be intense scenes and vivid imagery like blood and all that stuff?

Do you like the art style so far? Of course, I feel as if this style fits your game perfectly!
ImageImage

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#11 Post by Mirrowdothack »

Hey guy,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm happy that you are interested in my project^^.

I'm currently working on the character sheets and the plot.
I also did a 1st logo sketch. What do you think?

My games:
Image Image

Rossfellow
Veteran
Projects: Sedatophobia
Organization: Team 3Edgy
Deviantart: l-rossfellow

#12 Post by Rossfellow »

I'm on mobile right now, so I can't see the full effect- but I really like the irregular clockwork theme, as well as the text design. The red/green motif contrast, but they complement each other. The full version will be really promising.

Edit: Seeing in full version now. I noticed that the "Scene" text is covering the minute hand of the clock, and I feel it deserves to be shown off for the clockwork motif.
ImageImage
Sedatophobia (latin SedatoPhobia)
___(n) 1: The averse reaction to stillness, silence and/or state of helplessness.
______2: (Psychology) A state of distress where the victim's sense of reality can no longer keep up with his or her imagination.
______Related: Madness, Paranoia, Despair

Alte
The Great Organizer
Github: nualte
itch: alte

#13 Post by Alte »

1st logo sketch, I think it emphasizes the importance of time and setting. With the symbol "•" between Crime and Scene is clever usage with it's clockworks yet I feel it's limited. The neon glow from my interpretation represents the minimal style of a town, inside there's murder and activity going on.
Ren'Py Cookbook Directory

I'm not affiliated with Ren'Py/ itch.io/ Steam/ etc.

Mirrowdothack
Regular

#14 Post by Mirrowdothack »

First sorry, for not replying so long. I'm currently moving into another city for my new job^^
So, I might not be able to reply for a while, since I need to find a place to live there and of course... an internet connection^^

-------------

Thank you, you two^^. I'm happy you like my first sketch^^

@Rossfellow: The time is really important, but I understand what you mean. Maybe I'll find a good solution. I'll think about it, so thank you very much^^

@Alte: I totally love your thought here. I just read your post and though: Wow... ^^
My games:
Image Image

Muzozavr
Regular

#15 Post by Muzozavr »

Questions:
1. No way of saying this without cussing: I expect a mindfuck. In a good way, like the twists and surprises in YiN. Or a quiet, low-key character drama. Both options seem to be quite likely.
2 and 3. For me, it's a bit like asking "do you like amazingness? do you find amazingness interesting?" OF COURSE, I do! I'm very intrigued.
4. What happened to Kami and Anna? Ahahaha, just kidding. For real this time: is there a "best" ending or do you want to go for something more ambiguous?
5. I can't say for sure without also seeing the backgrounds, but I trust you'll make it work beautifully. After all, YiN and The Iron Heart Witch both had great art and great uses of that art. Your visual thinking is very good.