Feline's Play [BL](SliceofLife/Romance/Fluff/CatHybrid!AU)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
cmlion

Feline's Play [BL](SliceofLife/Romance/Fluff/CatHybrid!AU)

#1 Post by cmlion »

So I've been roaming LSF this week and I suddenly got this inspiration which led to this.
(I might change the title.)
I also found out I suck at making logos

*Full length visual novel.
Genre(highlight below):
Yaoi/BL, slight!Fantasy, Fluff, Romance, Slice Of Life, Comedy(I try to be funny)
This visual novel takes place in an alternate universe where cat-human hybrids exist. Cat hybrids lives along with the human society, but they keep their identities a secret, because they hate having differences from the rest. This is why most of the human population believes cat hybrids are a myth.

They can change their physical bodies from a cat to a human and vice versa, but taking up human form for too long is exhausting. When cat hybrids feel vulnerable or exhausted, their cat ears and tail appears. From then on, they slowly turn back to their cat bodies, their less tiring form.

Cat hybrids only show their exposed self to people whom they trust.

The main character(which you will be playing as) is a university student who does not believes in myths. At all.

But of course, this indifference thought of his changed when on a fateful evening, when the halls of the buildings are empty. Or so he thought, because he happened to stumble upon his classmate, who is also everyone's most favored senior, crying in the guy's lavatory. Then again, life is full of surprises.

Because his classmate has cat ears on his head and a furry tail behind.

More characters will be added!
Main Character(name undecided)
concept art
concept art
This is the guy you'll be playing as. Also known as "Mr. Ice" in his Uni, this guy lives his nickname alright. Being the (supposingly)cold-hearted, mean, ignorant person that he is, he is going to ignore the sobbing mess with cat ears in the toilet. Definitely. Keep telling yourself that.

Crying cat hybrid(name undecided)
This will be the "sobbing mess" that the main character meets. He is naturally a very pretty boy with a baby face(which is the core of his popularity with the girls), but he has a pride of a lion. He always refer himself as a manly man, and is also a happy-go-lucky. Not to mention he's also the soccer star in the campus.

Despite having a strong personality, he is actually a big crybaby. He uses the excuse of him being a cat hybrid as his weakness and vulnerability, which is actually true.

Expected Gameplay: 1 Hour+(per ending)
coding: None yet
Writing: 2%
CG: 10%
Sprite: 5%
BGM: (still deciding whether to have music or not)
Endings: Estimated 3, unless I add other characters and routes.

*A peek at one of the CGs! :D (I might not be using this because I might be re-colouring)
A scene that happens in the bus
A scene that happens in the bus
*And a BackGround art (I'm not really good at this yet /)_(\)
This is le Gent's lavatory
This is le Gent's lavatory
I got into digital art coloring last week, and this is a sudden idea that popped up yesterday(fanfiction overload), then I started out from doodling on my notebooks, to writing short scenarios, and lastly typing out the script and drawing. Yes, I will make sure this project will be alive, but the progress will be really slow. Maybe once a fortnight?

I have a few questions though(if anyone ever reads this):
1) I'm also planning to make a NSFW option for the game, do you think the idea is good?
Nope I don't think I'm at this level yet /)_(\

2)Is it okay if I don't add other bachelors? Because I plan on focusing more on the main dude. I'll make more endings for him too.

3)But if I DO add other bachelors(maybe another 2?), their routes won't be so romance-y. And I'll take a longer time making the game. Is that fine too? I'm still getting on the hang of personalities and romancy things.

I'm also still getting on my way with Ren'Py and LSF, so please bear with me!

Thank You for reading all those texts @@!!

UPDATE: 15th June(Character Sprite)

Heartstrings
Regular
Projects: Currently Unnamed Project

Re: Feline's Play [BL](SliceofLife/Romance/Fluff/CatHybrid!A

#2 Post by Heartstrings »

I think this idea (if not a little cliche) is pretty good. More than that though, you really seem to be passionate and talented, which can add a lot to a game, regardless of how good the concept is. I'm not for or against NSFW, I see no reason not to put it in if you want to. I think it's definitely ok if you don't add other bachelors, though if you don't I would advise you to make the plot and character development a bigger focus than the 'dating sim' aspect of it (not in terms of romance, I mean in terms of gameplay mechanics). Does that help? Not sure if I explained that very well... Hit me up if you have any more questions! :D

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

Re: Feline's Play [BL](SliceofLife/Romance/Fluff/CatHybrid!A

#3 Post by runeraccoon »

BL, short play? I'm interested. :D Please finish this no matter what!