(WIP) Living Fairytale [Fantasy]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
CandiedLaughter
Completed: To Think
Projects: Living Fairytale

(WIP) Living Fairytale [Fantasy]

#1 Post by CandiedLaughter »

Living Fairytale
"It is not enough that we must lose our homes, our lives in this war?
Must we lose ourselves as well?"
PLOT
When the great war finally ended between demons and angels, the heavy losses came as no surprise. Not even the destruction in our wake that was left behind seemed to bother us, as we began to rebuild our realms slowly over time. But what none of us expected was the reaction of the humans who now rose against us and forced those of us able to survive the initial waves to survive it by going into hiding. With the humans satisfied in the exhausted bloodshed against our kind, it only leaves us to wonder, what place can we have in this new world?

Game Details
Title: Living Fairytale
Genre: Fantasy
Type: Kinetic Novel

In this visual novel, you will follow along with a young woman who is in hiding among the civilians of the city of Vestelle, in the country of Oarth. With the humans still hunting down both demons and the winged folk, alike, how can she hope to survive or find a place in the new way of the world when she is one of the very angels herself? The story begins in the city and continues by allowing the player to follow along with Jade on her journey to try to save her people.

How to say the Terms
o Oarth - (pronounced: 'Oh-Are-the' ) - the humans' country
o Vestelle - (pronounced: 'Vest-L') - the capital city of Oarth

Characters

# Jade
race: Angel
role: central figure

With eyes that shine a rare case of green, this angel has smaller, still pure white wings. She has the unusual ability to hide her wings with a spell. This has allowed her to hide successfully among the humans and survive the hunts. She has rather pale skin that never tans as well as dark brown hair that falls in soft tufts about her shoulders. Cloaked in shades of blue and grey, her tunic fits her body tightly in the bodice, and loosens a bit at her waist. Beneath her cloak is a skirt of white that flows down to her halfway down her knees. Tending to go barefoot when she can, she gets a bit of strange looks, but does have cloth dusty blue boots with black trim that wraps in loop chains all the way around them. She also carries a torn dark grey satchel with her where ever she goes.

Credits
This game is a collaboration between myself and Czat. (Czatofthemoon.deviantart.com)
We are co-authors of the story that led to the creation of it. I am also in charge of the coding and art.

Ren'Py
version: 6.17.7
(source) website: http://renpy.org/

Renpy made by:
o Koichi "vbkaisetsu" Akabe
o CensoredUsername (C)
o kyouryuukunn
o Daniel Luque
o Renoa
o Tom "PyTom" Rothamel
o tlm-2501

More credits to be added.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: (WIP) Living Fairytale [Fantasy]

#2 Post by Ran08 »

I like the quote at the beginning. Haha.

Anyway, I think the premise seems pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to more information though, like some sketches and other characters. :)

Good luck!

CandiedLaughter
Completed: To Think
Projects: Living Fairytale

#3 Post by CandiedLaughter »

Ran08 wrote:I like the quote at the beginning. Haha.

Anyway, I think the premise seems pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to more information though, like some sketches and other characters. :)

Good luck!
I am happy you find it interesting. (=

I will try to get the sketches up soon, along with the rest of the characters.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#4 Post by Ran08 »

Yay! Hahaha. I'd love to know more about the characters. :3

By the way... will this be a short kinetic novel?