Beautilicious (Kinectic, Romedy)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Lexi
Regular

Beautilicious (Kinectic, Romedy)

#1 Post by Lexi »

Beautilicious

Plot: Twenty eight year old Akira Hanazono attends her high school reunion, finally seeing her old classmates in ten years. She falls in love all over again with her old crush, Sora and instantly wants to confess to him. However, she gets made fun of her being overweight by Sora's friends and rival, Emi. There's only one way for her to become skinny and beautiful again to win over Sora's heart and that's with the help of an old classmate and a previous famous fitness trainer, Haru. In the midst of trying to diet, she also has to manage her noodle shop. Akira Hanazono inherited her grandfather's noodle shop, having a bad relationship with her rich father because of it. This story about family, love, true beauty and comedy.

Characters:

Akira: A chubby woman who loves to eat anything, especially chocolates. Straight forward, strong, and puts others before herself.

Haru: An old classmate of Akira's. He's an evil guy who thinks he can do and say whatever he wants. Although he might come off as a cocky and dangerous yankee, deep down he's a kind man.

Tetsuo: The old crush. He's the epitome of perfect. Just like a prince, he loves to help and save those in need. He's kindhearted, loves animals, and is kind of oblivious to serious situations.

Emi: Another old classmate and current rival in pursuing Sora's heart. She's a tough opponent and hates to lose. She is rude and deceiving and thinks of no one but herself.

Risa: Akira's best friend who is a beauty. She's seen as a nut job since her occupation is a fortune teller which explains why she's single. Risa is a crazy friend but is always there for Akira.

Sora: Akira's older brother who's in a rock band. He's a troublemaker and lives to do whatever he wants. Sora is extremely friendly, easy to talk to and comes off as easygoing.

Father: An uptight and serious man. He will do whatever it takes to get what he wants.

Progress:

Script: 0%
Sprites: 0%
CG: 0%
Gui: 0%
Story: 30%
Music: 100%
Backgrounds: 0%

Features:
Custom Gui
Music Room
Photo Gallery

Credits:

Screenshots:

Questions:

1. What do you think of the plot?

2. Would you u play this game?

3. Are chibi CG's alright with you?

Heartstrings
Regular
Projects: Currently Unnamed Project

Re: Beautilicious (Kinectic, Romedy)

#2 Post by Heartstrings »

The plot sounds fun and interesting. I would totally be up for playing this game! I think it would be preferable not to have chibis, but if that's all you can do, then I don't think it would hinder the game too much. Also, it would be better to have well drawn chibis then poorly drawn realistic characters. Good luck, and I will definitely be following the progress of this game! :D (Also, if you need, I'm always available for idea bouncing)

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#3 Post by runeraccoon »

You said in the description that "She falls in love all over again with her old crush, Sora and---" but in the Characters section, the crush is Tetsuo and Sora is the brother~

Anyway, I like this kind of themes. The plot is okay, albeit a little stereotypical. Where you are going with this kind of plot is what defines you and your values as a writer, I think. I would play it, especially if the sprite art are good~ (yeah I'm still looking for eye candies XD) Chibi CGs shouldn't be much problem, as long as they're well executed and not used in every instance. I imagine your story will have its depths, and in those instances, you might not want to use the Chibi, unless it's your overall style.

Good luck!

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#4 Post by Ran08 »

Awwww, why does she want to be skinny? :( You don't have to be thin to be beautiful. :3 Haha. Plus, I think it all depends on the beholder too. Like me, some say I'm too thin, other's say I'm fat, lol. Hahahaha. But I love myself nevertheless. It all depends on the person, so why should she become skinny just to win Sora's heart? If that's the case, then I don't think I like Sora at all. =)

But yes, I would still play this game, hahaha, because I'm curious as to how you'd pull the story off. :) The characters also seem pretty interesting. Haha. By the way, like fuicchi said, is Sora the crush OR the brother? It says in the character list that Tetsuo IS the crush. :)

Chibi CGs are okay with me. Have you played Signed X? That VN makes use of chibi CGs and I found it really cute. Hahaha. :)

Anyway, good luck! :)