Crisis Beat(Action,Otome,Fantasy)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

Crisis Beat(Action,Otome,Fantasy)

#1 Post by Fenrir34 »

Nadia and Adel have always had a special power, they have been able to see monstrous creatures know as Watchers that feed on human's negative thoughts and emotions, even sometimes being born from a human being who is in too much turmoil. Due to their bad luck streak, Nadia and Adel have stayed away from human contact, only knowing the love of their aunt. However, after witnessing a battle between a Watcher and a Storm Hawk, Adel accidentally receives the King's Heart, which is the source of the Watchers life. With now being targeted by Watchers, Nadia has no choice but to take her brother to the only people who may be able to save Adel from becoming a monster, the Storm Hawks. But when joining the group, both Nadia and Adel will realize that their power was no accident, and that they are the only ones who can stop the threat that is setting the timer for the extermination of the human race.

Gameplay-The game focuses on the story between Nadia and Adel. The player will get to choose who they want to play, so that means the story will be different for both protagonists. The game is action based, and will have mature scenes later on. Also, Adel and Nadia can each romance a certain character. Nadia can romance Sayaka, Kai, Ryl,Jasper, and Aiden, and Adel is able to romance Sayaka,Kai,Aiden,Hitomi, and Shino (This might change though. Depends on the writing and how the story goes).

Main Characters-

Nadia(Image coming soon)-Our main heroin. She's quite the feisty girl, always attracting trouble, whether it be from people or just some out of world experience. With no want for school or anything that makes her come near human contact, Nadia has frayed away from people, only being close to her aunt and brother Adel. Due to her bad luck streak, she is always one to attract The Watchers. This has made her become a loner to society. Outspoken, and a bit self-righteous, Nadia doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut, even in the most problematic circumstances. Still, the girl knows justice, and isn't afraid to beat the shit out of those who harm the ones she cares for.

Adel(Image coming soon)-Our main hero. Like his sister he stays away from people because of his bad luck, and is able to see the Watchers. A distant, and quiet boy, Adel has never known the meaning of peace due to always being hunted by Watchers. It's because of this that he stays hidden away in his room rarely going out. His only source of contact is Nadia and his aunt. Adel is also one to always spout words of strangeness that range predicting a person's death to seeing their inner selves. On his back lies a poisonous mark that was given to him by a Watcher when he was a child. It's slowly tearing away at his heart, only to be stopped by having another heart replace his; which is know as the King's Heart.

Obtainable Characters

Sayaka Ohara- The team leader of the Storm Hawks. A serious girl, who will do anything to destroy The Watchers, even if means killing herself. When her parents died, Sayaka's life was put into turmoil. All she had was her brother, and the two were orphans. However, when she met Jasper, her life got new meaning. She trained hard for the Storm Hawks as her parents once did, and slowly became the most powerful member. Though skilled in fighting, Sayaka doesn't always listen to the orders given to her by Jasper or Shino. She prefers to go her own way, and make sure no Watcher is left standing. She is often quiet when around those she doesn't like, but has quite the mouth on her when dealing with people like Adel and Nadia. Sayaka hates the weak as well, and doesn't approve of anyone who gives up. Harsh, abrasive, and somewhat erratic, one has to wonder just what calms her down. Weapon is the sword.

Kai Ohara- Sayaka's younger twin brother. After losing their parents, Kai and Sayaka joined the Storm Hawks in hope to destroy the Watchers that ruined their life. Like his sister, Kai is fixated to rid the world of all Watchers, even allowing himself as bait if his sister needed it. Because of his stone face and quiet nature, Kai has been considered a drone, always following the orders that Sayaka gives him. On the battlefield, he is quite a deadly and fearsome opponent, even sometimes forgetting who the real enemy is. Like his sister, he is skeptical about protecting Nadia and Adel because how naive and weak they appear to be. But, despite his rather off putting nature, Kai does have a personality of his own. He can be funny, cunning, and even warm to the people he sees as close to him. Also, unlike Sayaka, Kai will not sacrifice his teammates and would instead protect them from the Watchers. This is why he is constantly getting hurt. Weapon is his fists.

Hitomi- Hitomi never wanted to join the Storm Hawks. Her life was normal till she witnessed the death of her older sister by a Watcher. Not wanting to see anyone else close to her die, she joined the group with the hopes of putting them down. Sadly, the Storm Hawks were far from what she expected. Now chained to the group and forever having to heal the wounds she can only do, Hitomi is bound to a life of servitude, even if she wishes to escape. Because her power is rare and deadly to the Watchers, she is constantly a target, and is even more protected than Adel and Nadia. At first Hitomi comes off as a gentle and trusting girl, who only wants to help her teammates. But deep down she has a very selfish and conniving side that was created from the fear of her own death. Throughout the story, Hitomi is fighting her own desires to escape, and her desires to protect the ones she cares for. Weapon is white magic.

Aiden(Image coming soon)- If there has ever been someone whose been in the Storm Hawks since a child it's Aiden. Out of all the members, he is the most comfortable with fighting, even seemingly enjoying the kill. Due to his unpredictable and violent nature on the battlefield, Aiden has struck a rivalry with Kai, who is one that doesn't believe in leaving others behind. Despite this, Aiden is a flirty and funny guy, though he's not very good at getting girls. Ironically, Aiden is the deserter of the group as well, often going off to find Watchers by himself. When at the base, he spends most of his time sleeping or flirting with Sayaka or Hitomi. Out of all the members, he is the most willing to have Nadia and Adel join the group, but the reason to this isn't exactly pure. Weapon is the gun.

Amaryl(or Ryl)(Character by Jessica(Aka Sigma)- The oldest member, and by far one of the most encouraging, though sometimes her words might not always be the most helpful. Amaryl is a mixed bag. Not much is known about her past, or why she joined the Storm Hawks. In fact, because of her laid back attitude, everyone wonders if she actually takes the job seriously. Amaryl isn't afraid of cracking a joke to people, and often believes it's better to be positive even in the most frightening circumstances. Her power is also a strange one as she's the only member who is capable of locating the Watchers without the radar that Shino made. However, even with this ability being useful to the team, it's also harming Amaryl and soon she will be completely blind. Her weapon is the spear.

Jasper(Image coming soon)- Head of the Storm Hawks. Jasper has been with the organization for many years, and is the third ranked head of the group. He is a curious scientist who always seems to be interested in those who can see and fight the Watchers. Though friendly, Jasper is also a bit controlling and threatening, as he's not one to take no for an answer. He's not known for always telling the truth, or if he does, he makes the truth his own version. Strangely, Jasper doesn't believe that all Watchers are evil, and seems to want to capture one for further study. Though many in the group get he's weird, Nadia is the only one who questions who his loyalty really lies with.

Shino- The only pure human of the Storm Hawks, and is in the group because of his skills with machines. Shino is very good with creating weapons and seems to know about Watchers even more then Jasper does. He joined the group because of Jasper, who is his uncle, and usually stays near his computer in order to help the team. Though no super power, Shino is still a genius and gives some 'normality' to the group. Unknown to Nadia and Adel, it's Shino who was the one who suggested that they go under the Storm Hawks protection.

Minor but important Characters
Watchers-Creepy demon like creatures that seem to be solely created to take out mankind and replace them with their own. Watchers can be born from the negative emotions of humans, or created by the pack leader, which resides in the Distortion World. There are many types of Watchers, but most just go by what they are made to do and attack people by causing misfortune. The Storm Hawks are their greatest enemy though, and the monsters seem to fear them. Are invisible to most.

Storm Hawks-A small secretive ground that is spread across Eloria. Storm Hawks have been around for about 300 years and are the greatest enemies to Watchers. They are made up of a special ground of people who can see and fight Watchers. Most Storm Hawks live 'normal' lives, but must always hide who they are.

More characters coming soon

Staff
Sprite and CG Artist-Sigma(Thank you so much :mrgreen: )
Story By-Fenrir34
Writer-Fenrir34,Sigma?(Note sure yet)
Programmer-Fenrir34

Current Progress:
Arts:
BG:3%
CG:0%
Sprites:1%
GUI:0%

Writing:
Story:10%
Prologue:2%
Script&Paths:
Sayaka:0%
Kai:0%
Ryl:0%
Hitomi:0%
Aiden:0%
Shino:0%

Music: 0%
Programming:
Coding: 0%

An-Due to some problems with Letter's From An Angel, we've kind of decided to take a break and do a fantasy game. As you can see, not much is done XD, but it's an idea and that's why I've put it here. I won't move it to the WIP thread till the sprites are more done along with the prologue and story. Sigma(Jessica) seems to really like doing this and is working hard on this as well an some other games she's doing for people on here. Anyway, feedback is greatly wanted, so please leave a comment.

Questions-
What do you think of the idea?
Do you like the characters?
If so, who?
What do you think of the art?
Any questions?
Last edited by Fenrir34 on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: The Cursed Lotuses(Action,Otome,Fantasy,Tragedy)

#2 Post by Ran08 »

Sigma is an amazing artist. I mean, just look at Sayaka. She is gorgeous. Hahaha. :) It seems like Sigma's not as good with boys though. Nevertheless, the art still looks really nice.

I'm loving your projects Fenrir. Hahaha. Can't wait for their release dates!

Anyway, good luck with this. I hope you won't have too much problem with the routes though, since there are so many obtainables. But I'm happy there's an option to play both genders. Hahaha. I usually don't play as a boy, but maybe I'll give this one a try. Haha. :))

Again... good luck with the routes! You might need it. Haha.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#3 Post by Fenrir34 »

Ran08 wrote:Sigma is an amazing artist. I mean, just look at Sayaka. She is gorgeous. Hahaha. :) It seems like Sigma's not as good with boys though. Nevertheless, the art still looks really nice.

I'm loving your projects Fenrir. Hahaha. Can't wait for their release dates!

Anyway, good luck with this. I hope you won't have too much problem with the routes though, since there are so many obtainables. But I'm happy there's an option to play both genders. Hahaha. I usually don't play as a boy, but maybe I'll give this one a try. Haha. :))

Again... good luck with the routes! You might need it. Haha.

Thank you for the feedback :) . And I've come to notice I've had quite a few. One of them has gone on a bit of a hiatus because I can't really get it all together :? . But I've wanted to do a Fantasy game, and Sigma and Yokura are helping me make that a reality

And thanks for the encouragement. Turns out I'll be writing this by myself, at least I think I am. I might have to get someone, or tone down the paths @_@

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#4 Post by Ran08 »

Ehh?! Haha, that's okay. I have two projects in development too, though of course, I focus more on one than the other, hahaha. :)) I'm looking forward to your projects nevertheless. I hope that one doesn't stay too long on hiatus!

You're welcome. :) I would offer my help on writing, hahaha, but right now I guess I wanna focus on my own project first. Buuuuut, if you do need some minor help, feel free to PM me. :)

Good luck!