Sweet Voice [BL, Comedy, Romance]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
BeauQueen

Sweet Voice [BL, Comedy, Romance]

#1 Post by BeauQueen »

Hello this will be my first game. I came up with this randomly and this idea just escalated and I decided to give this project a try. This is basically playing a BL game within a BL game. I guess my goal is to finish half of the script and then start recruiting for a small team.
Sweet Voice
WARNING:R18
Story

Yuki comes from a family of talented actors. His parents want him to follow the patch of an actor. There's only one problem. Yuki doesn't want to be an just any actor but a voice actor. To prove to his parents he can achieve his dreams, he finds a manager and is able to land his first voice acting job. What he didn't know before starting the project was that it wasn't just any game he accepted to voice. It's a Boys love game that's filled with inappropriate and steamy dialogue. Unable to object his scary manager and find another opportunity, he has to do whatever it takes to complete this project and prove to his parents what he's capable of. It's hard to focus however, when his virginity is on the line.

Characters

Yuki- Yuki is lively, nice, and easygoing. He's easy to talk to and sometimes comes off as an airhead due to his simple minded nature.
At heart, he's an otaku and lives for magical girl Lisa. He likes everything that includes magical girl Lisa and anything that looks like food.

Zero- Zero is what you would call a gentleman. He's an animal magnet and always seems to attract them where ever he goes. His likes taking long naps and secretly has a weak spot for cute and beautiful things.

Livi- Livi is serious yet shy underneath. He's very sensitive about his short height and sometimes gets called a kid for it. Surprisingly so, he's the son of a mafia boss. His likes reading novels and enjoys eating sweets.

Shiki- Shiki is mysterious and keeps to himself. He is a bit strange and unsocial. His likes reading books all day about mythological creatures.

Dante- Yuki's manager that helped him find the job. Dante is always in a bad mood, lacks sleep, and does sneaky things to get what he wants. Surprisingly, he used to be one of the best known voice actors who's still famous. He likes getting his way and has a thing for pandas.

Progress

Story: 20%
Script: 3%
Music: 100%
Backgrounds: 0%
Sprites: 100%
Gui: 50%

Updates
[7/23/14] Gui and Logo are in the process

Questions

1. What do you think about this game and would you play it?

2. What are some helpful tips/suggestions?

3. Can Ren'py lock characters?

Credits
hiko27-logo
Jellyfishe-gui
Last edited by BeauQueen on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 26 times in total.

Sleipnir56
Veteran
Completed: Under the Sycamore Tree,Timeless-D Gray Man VN(NanoRenO 2014)
Projects: Chocolate Kiss
Organization: SleiphericWings

Re: Sweet Voice [BL, Comedy, Romance]

#2 Post by Sleipnir56 »

This game looks cute, and it's good to see more BL games. Only thing I suggest is that you give a little bit more fleshed out personalities. I've seen those a lot, but I like how they are still. As for the story, I haven't scene something like this, so I'm interesting in playing it a lot :D . Am excited to see what you have for art to

BeauQueen

#3 Post by BeauQueen »

Thankyou! I will definitely work hard on revising the character's little intro :)

Vynuxys
Regular

#4 Post by Vynuxys »

that's a really interesting story concept! but as mentioned, definitely develop the cast more, they sound a little simplified right now. as for the lock, i believe it is possible to do, by setting a value at the completion of the game (or whenever it is that you want the character to become unlocked) and use an if statement to make their scenes play out.

good luck! :D

BeauQueen

#5 Post by BeauQueen »

Vynuxys wrote:that's a really interesting story concept! but as mentioned, definitely develop the cast more, they sound a little simplified right now. as for the lock, i believe it is possible to do, by setting a value at the completion of the game (or whenever it is that you want the character to become unlocked) and use an if statement to make their scenes play out.

good luck! :D
Thanks so much for being helpful :)

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#6 Post by kisa »

Oh.... this could go in so many amusing directions....
I'd play it based on the information I have so far. ;D
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656

BeauQueen

#7 Post by BeauQueen »

kisa wrote:Oh.... this could go in so many amusing directions....
I'd play it based on the information I have so far. ;D
Haha yes, it will definitely be amusing ^ ^

daijinahito
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea & A+ Switch!

#8 Post by daijinahito »

Love the idea. I hope you're serious about bringing this project to reality, because I will definitely support it.

BeauQueen

#9 Post by BeauQueen »

daijinahito wrote:Love the idea. I hope you're serious about bringing this project to reality, because I will definitely support it.
thanks so much and I'm working on it :)

runeraccoon
Veteran
itch: runeraccoon

#10 Post by runeraccoon »

BL? R18 RATED? yes, yes, yes please!

BeauQueen

#11 Post by BeauQueen »

fuicchi wrote:BL? R18 RATED? yes, yes, yes please!
I'm glad someone seems excited for this. LOL

kisa
Veteran
Completed: Brother Rose, Dogs Alone
Projects: So many projects, I can't name them.
Deviantart: tsubasafan135
itch: kisa

#12 Post by kisa »

It might be nice if we could see head shots of the characters with their profiles? (since you labelled sprites as 100%)
I'm trying to wait patiently for this game. OuO'
I'm offering commissions!
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=41656