Shape Up! [VN] [Otome, Comedy] [7/21]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

Shape Up! [VN] [Otome, Comedy] [7/21]

#1 Post by Hazel-Bun »

"When life gives you lemons you're suppose to make lemonade... right?

Well then, what are you suppose o make with a concussion and four years of crushing, student debt on the way?:"

Title: Shape Up! (SU!)
Format: VN [Otome, Comedy, Jocks, Senior Year, Sports]
Tagline: "Survival of the fittest!"

Setting: Pleasantville, Wild Wild West

Plot: Shape Up! is a visual novel centering around Maria Sanchez (name changeable), during her senior year at Stone Creek High. A former star basketball player with big dreams and even bigger scholarships lined up for her, a conscious in her junior year leaves her re-evaluating her life goals. Mix that in with a bad break up, new transfer students, and a mounting campaign to change the schools mascot back to the Chiefs from the Mighty Mighty Dustmites, and she's in for one hell of a ride!

Brought to you by Hazel-Bun of Cherubim Scribes.

Characters +More:

"Motivation is what I eat, sleep and drink."
Maria Sanchez 'MC'
"A no-nonsense and straightforward kind of girl, Maria has a passion for sports and fruity flavored drinks unrivaled in her part of the wild west. Now recovering from a concussion and acting as a manager for the boys [your choice] team, she has to learn how to re-navigate her high school career. Maria has a big heart if not the kindest way of expressing it."

"That doesn't concern me, does it?"

Demetrius Butler
"Quarterback of the football team. Strict and a little arrogant, he butts heads with Maria ofte."
Sketch
TBA

Screenshots+ More:
(Coming Soon)
Resolution: ?
Endings: ?
Rating: Currently Pg-13 (Mentions of sensitive topics as well as minimal cursing)

Progress:
TBA

<><><>
7/20/14

Not much to show right now. Once I get home, I'll upload some sketches and such. This project is a back burner project that I've had going for a while, while I work more diligently on my main ones.

7/21/14

Maria's sketch added.
Attachments
Maria_Testcolors.png
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.