Machina [BxG, High-School, Supernatural]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Jafs

Machina [BxG, High-School, Supernatural]

#1 Post by Jafs »

Hello LemmaSoft. I'm here to annouce my first vn. English is not my native language, so sorry if you find some errors...

Machina

The story revolves around Maicon Silva: a student on his last year of high-school. People call him a genious due to his good grades, but he distaste this label because they don't know how much time he takes on studying. He dreams on being a famous physicist and unravel the mysteries of the universe. One of the best way to achieve it is getting a scholarship on a good university and this is the motivation of his efforts.

All is boring fine until Maicon's Guardian Angel decides to appear in front of him for a brief moment. The angel claims that he wants to help Maicon with something and still has time left for it. Also he wants that Maicon keep a look at three specific girls. Maicon doesn't know why, but the clock is ticking now.

The heroines of this story study on the same high-school, they are as follows:

Nilza Matsura - a very studious girl in 3-A classroom(Maicon study in 3-B). She also seeks to get a scholarship, but more because of the pressure of her family. Her and Maicon meets afterclass almost every day to study in the library. She doesn't express much her emotions, always keeping a cool face and voice even in the more emotional situations. She is NOT mentioned by the angel.

Maria Machado - A childhood friend of Orange... Maicon's nickname that she gives to him. He calls her "Chocolate" so they are even. Aside that, they become very different when they growed up: while he studies hard thinking about the future, she is a slacker. She study(or sleep, play, whatever...) on the same class as Maicon.

Meykla Zimmermann - The class representative of 3-B. A stern looking girl that likes to take the leading role. She has the habit of scolding other students, due to it she received the label "second mother" or "bonus mother" from them.

Sara Zanetti - A mysterious classmate of Nilza. Since the beginning of the school year, Maicon caught her frequently staring at him when he arrives at school or in the intervals. Her name is the only thing that Maicon learned from Nilza and he's starting to feel uneasy with all this.

I'm progressing with the script right now. Still unsatisfied with my drawings, but I have a good idea about their looks(the angel is quite odd).

That's all folks! For now...
Last edited by Jafs on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Machina [BxG, High-School, Supernatural]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

It has been a while since I last saw a new VN with boy x girl pairings here on Player's Pavilion. BxG stories are something which I enjoy, even though I'm kinda insecure about liking them. Thanks for posting this.

First, if you're more comfortable writing in your native language, then feel free to do so.

A few general things to consider...

* Think about how many endings and paths you want to create. Make sure you're prepared to write all of that content.
* Are you willing to give yourself deadlines? In other words, plan to finish writing one path by a specific day next month. If you're willing to work on self-imposed deadlines, then you might benefit.
* Routinely back up your work in several places. Make sure that the project won't be lost if one computer crashes.

Some story-related questions:

* Where does the VN take place? You can let it happen in a specific location that you have visited. You can let it occur in a fictional town similar to places you know in real life. You can let it take place in another nation that you don't know well... but please keep in mind that this will require some research.
* What are your goals for your story? Do you have a message for your readers? Do you want to experiment with visual novels as storytelling forms? Is there anything else that you have in mind?
* If your story was reviewed by the Brazilian Advisory Rating System, then what sort of rating would they give to it?
* Does the angel warn Maicon to act by a specific day?
* Do the characters have friends and family who are relevant to the story?

Jafs

Re: Machina [BxG, High-School, Supernatural]

#3 Post by Jafs »

Do you have some kind of premonition powers?

My PC motherboard died on the same day I created this topic. Lucky! After 2 weeks, it got fixed. Yay! Fortunately I'm well aware about backups, I already lose one HD this year...

I'm honored that someone so experienced gave their attention. I presume from your post , you witnessed so many "idead". :lol:

However I'm not a fan of self-imposed deadlines: a tight deadline will give frustration, while a loose one invites procrastination. My strategy to avoid the later is imposing a routine, a specific interval of hours, like a job.

The route is variable based that forks in 3 distinct paths and 8 endings. Being a programmer I'm more comfortable working this way.

About the story:

It's a fictional town with a culture similar to the region where I live. No honorifics! :cry:
Is there anything else that you have in mind?
that you have in mind?
have in mind?

The question on the computer screen gave an idea to Jafs. He looks back and saw Sara still sitting on his bed. She was still wearing the school uniform, fully dark blue with green details. "The ugliest uniform in the world!!!" Jafs smirks remembering what Maria said.

However Sara didn't pay attention to his face. Her gaze is fixed on her diary while munching the back of a pen, probably thinking about the next lines she will write.

"Hey Sara!" Jafs begs for her attention.
"hm.." The gaze still on the diary.
"What do you have in mind now?" Jafs ask with a serious tone.
"Blobs." She didn't even think.
"Blobs?" Jafs raise his eyebrows.
"Yes."
"In your mind? Can you explain?"
Sara removes the pen from her mouth. "Gelatinuous blobs in various colors..." She closes her eyes. "...and then I use my blob to mix and mold them."
"Your blob?" Jafs is puzzled with the 'explaination'.

In an instant Sara's gaze is on Jafs. Her eyes are a mix of surprise and curiosity. He feels exposed like she was scanning every inch of him to confirm if he is part of homos sapiens's family.
"My gelatinuous blob." She mutters while using the pen to point her head.

This vn is not recommended for ages under 12 - "PG-12". So only play it in public at night. Ok? :D

I think you will hate the angel's vagueness, gekiganwing. There are some motivations in the story for this behavior that I can't spoil, so pardon me.

About side characters: some of them are relevant(Nilza's family pressure per example.), but in most cases they are just mentioned by the main characters. Maybe 1 or 2 side characters will receive sprites due to major importance.