Bound by Fate[Temp title][GxB][Mystery, Supernatural]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
AuCrowne
Regular
Projects: Aya's Charms [Tentative Title]
Organization: None
IRC Nick: Crowne
Deviantart: Aulyss
itch: aucrowne

Bound by Fate[Temp title][GxB][Mystery, Supernatural]

#1 Post by AuCrowne »

'It can be bent or twisted but it can never be broken.'

The red strings of Fate.

Believe it or not, there are people who are 'blessed' with the gift to see the infamous strings of fate. Meet Catalina, a seemingly normal college student yet she was one of those who are blessed to see the string.... Or so she thought. At the unusual death of a neighbor, she noticed something strange with the strings... They were coated with blood. Fresh Blood. She started to question the real purpose of the strings of Fate.

What exactly are the Strings of Fate? Were they simply meant to unite people meant for each other? ... Or are they simply tools for a game that Fate is playing?

Characters

Catalina The main character. Catalina is an eighteen year old college student gifted with the ability to see the red strings of fate. She is a cheerful individual though she often claims to be a pessimist. She absolutely adores the rainy season and would often do a little 'rain dance' in her mind when it gets too sunny in hopes of making it rain.

Angela An old friend of Sean. She has a rather pale complexion and seems to be frail. (more to be added)

Sean Catalina's neighbor. He seems to love popping out of nowhere at random times. He seems to know a lot about the strings of fate despite not being able to see them. (more to be added)

Mikhail The younger twin of Michael, Catalina's friend. He seems to be limited to three words per response. He's a good listener though. He is surprisingly easy to scare. (more to be added)

Michael The older twin, a lot more outspoken then Mikhail. He's the 'official' translator of his twin when he drops down to one-worded responses. He loves giving out nicknames to his friends. (more to be added)

-----------------------

^^ So... uhm... this is just an idea for my first VN so it might not be good for some. I just posted this to remind myself to stick with the idea :? This will be a one-man project. I'm still deciding if I should do the backgrounds or not.

-My English may not be perfect so sorry in advance :o

Questions:
1. Is my idea okay? Is it interesting? If yes, why?
2. What do you think of the character art?
4. ... Suggestions for a title? :D
Last edited by AuCrowne on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Hanachi

Re: A game with Fate[GxB][Mystery, Supernatural]

#2 Post by Hanachi »

I think this is interesting! Although the title might need some help. (Because either the title is that, or you still need to think of one...) But either ways, this whole concept of seeing 'strings' really fascinates me.
Don't worry about your English, I think they're great. Just a few parts that doesn't necessarily have to be capitalized, but other than that, it's perfect.
AuCrowne wrote:Questions:
1. Is my idea okay?
2. What do you think of the sample art?
Yes, your idea is okay.
The sample art looks great! She looks cute!

AuCrowne
Regular

#3 Post by AuCrowne »

Hanachi wrote:I think this is interesting! Although the title might need some help. (Because either the title is that, or you still need to think of one...) But either ways, this whole concept of seeing 'strings' really fascinates me.
I'm open for suggestions about the title since I suck at that kind of stuff :? The original title was "Red strings of Fate" but I'm not sure if that's okay

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#4 Post by Akitsuki »

This looks interesting! I remember I wrote a short story about a girl who could see this red string of fate too.
I like how you put twists about the myth of red string. The sample art is good enough, though I know you can always improve it.
The protagonist decides whom you want your games played by. If you want it wide-ranged, I'd personally say it's always better if the audiences can switch between male or female. But since it'll require more work, just choose the one you feel comfortable most ;D About the title, I don't know, I'm thinking A Game of Fate would sound nice but I'm also not that good at giving titles LOL. Anyways, good luck with your first game!

AuCrowne
Regular

#5 Post by AuCrowne »

Akitsuki wrote:This looks interesting! I remember I wrote a short story about a girl who could see this red string of fate too.
I like how you put twists about the myth of red string. The sample art is good enough, though I know you can always improve it.
The protagonist decides whom you want your games played by. If you want it wide-ranged, I'd personally say it's always better if the audiences can switch between male or female. But since it'll require more work, just choose the one you feel comfortable most ;D About the title, I don't know, I'm thinking A Game of Fate would sound nice but I'm also not that good at giving titles LOL. Anyways, good luck with your first game!
Aw~ Thanks. I'm still trying ways to improve my art o.o (I wish I have a pen tablet or something like that >A<). Oh, and thanks for the title suggestion :D

AuCrowne
Regular

#6 Post by AuCrowne »

List of characters finally added o.o

LadyOfGatsby
Veteran
Projects: Ethereal Creatures

Re: A Game of Fate[GxB][Mystery, Supernatural]

#7 Post by LadyOfGatsby »

Hey this definitely captured my interest. It sounds unique with the red strings of fate idea and this can go many ways. Possibly, develop your characters more ^ ^
ImageImage

AuCrowne
Regular

#8 Post by AuCrowne »

LadyOfGatsby wrote:Hey this definitely captured my interest. It sounds unique with the red strings of fate idea and this can go many ways. Possibly, develop your characters more ^ ^
I'm glad that you find the idea somewhat interesting and unique :D I'm still planning to add more details about each characters...once I get more ideas o-o ...

AuCrowne
Regular

#9 Post by AuCrowne »

*added slight changes Catalina's character description

I also decided to redo Catalina's 'design?'(is that what it's called?) and somehow, it ended up better than the first one :D (at least that's what I think) So.. opinions about the new 'design?' of Catalina?
Attachments
'new'?
'new'?
๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

Helloo~ I'm a freelance artist. You can find more info about me at https://aucrowne.art. I do anime-styled Illustrations, mostly focused on cute anime girls. I also do character designs.

Pixiv: Aucrowne
Facebook: AuCrowneOfficial
Twitter: @AuCrowne
Instagram: @AuCrowne
Ko-fi:AuCrowne

Omniknight
Veteran

#10 Post by Omniknight »

It seems all good...
...except for the fact that there's something called Tsukihime...

In conclusion, the plot lines seem way too similar.

AuCrowne
Regular

#11 Post by AuCrowne »

Omniknight wrote:It seems all good...
...except for the fact that there's something called Tsukihime...

In conclusion, the plot lines seem way too similar.
The first time I've heard of it o-o ... What exactly is it about? The description in the link is too short. >A< Do it really seem that similar?? -inwardly panics-

Helloo~ I'm a freelance artist. You can find more info about me at https://aucrowne.art. I do anime-styled Illustrations, mostly focused on cute anime girls. I also do character designs.

Pixiv: Aucrowne
Facebook: AuCrowneOfficial
Twitter: @AuCrowne
Instagram: @AuCrowne
Ko-fi:AuCrowne